Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trajectory from flying objects

Perene

Guys, I have posted this report elsewhere and people explained things like "A plane at a higher altitude coming directly towards you from somewhere over the horizon will have the exact path you've described, and passing nearly overhead. Nothing at all unusual with that path through the sky."

This was my original report:

Folks, in February 5, 2014, 12:25 AM local time, I saw from my window a flying object that looked like an airplane because of the red twinkling light. From this window you can always see airplanes and you can't see the Moon, I believe (my first telescope will arrive next month) you can only spot Canopus/Sirius.

Well, here's the thing. The speed from this UFO (it was an object) was the same as any airplane. However, it was the first time I saw this kind of trajectory from my window:

9U7Gfk2.jpg

I only watched from my window and couldn't see more (windows has bars and I didn't go outside), or if the object disappeared in the sky. However, any object going upwards it's a first for me.

All airplanes I ever saw in my life had this trajectory:

bW8L1lq.jpg

Not this one:

B14hpmz.jpg

I am not buying it was an UFO even though I read there were red lights spotted in the sky in other locations (Google it), perhaps it has something to do with the angle I was looking, or maybe it wasn't an airplane, but another flying object?

Can someone give me an explanation? Nevermind if I am being stupid asking such questions.

Unfortunatelly I couldn't take any picture or investigate more. But from what I could see, it went really high. And it didn't change the trajectory while going upwards.

However, like I said, I am still puzzled about this thing, given the fact that I have yet to see another airplane (if really was one) flying the same way from my window. Nobody explained to me so far why this can't be seen more often. Are there any recordings from airplanes flying that way?

One more thing: are there any reports similar to mine, from people who thought they saw UFOs? Unfortunatelly I couldn't record anything, but you can be sure if wasn't something unusual I would never had mentioned.

• Like 1

A flying object at a distance is going to look closer to the horizon the further away it is (given a set altitude within the atmosphere for this example). If it is flying directly toward you (the observer) then as it gets closer it will appear to move away from the horizon until it is directly overhead, at which point if you turn around it will then appear to descend toward the horizon as it moves away. That is how a plane (or whatever) can appear to ascend/descend although it is only flying at a set altitude along an intersecting path with the observer. Keep in mind the curvature of the Earth and that a plane is flying along this curvature, that only helps to exacerbate such an illusion.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 2

I saw the footage from airplanes flying that way and am still not convinced. Because it was a straight line, and it went really high (all the time I expected a change in that trajectory). Perhaps it was another flying object that night? From this window you can always see airplanes because the AirPort is just a few miles away. So it's perfectly justified that I have such doubts when planes can be seen every 2 hours from here.

Can you name other flying objects that could create such illusion? With the red twinkling light, of course.

If this was an airplane I am really, reaaally bad at identifying anything from the sky.

Edited by Perene

You know there are planes that can lend vertically. There are also drones capable of that and meteorological stations falling back ..etc...

It's incredibly easy to misjudge the size of objects in the sky

You said you saw the aircraft lights/red strobe light?

Logically you must have been looking at an airplane

• Like 3

What you were told is correct, and as Slave2fate verified, if the aircraft is coming from the direction of the horizon (where it will appear low down) and then goes directly overhead, of course it will go in the direction you drew. I don't see how you could be puzzled by that..

Why would it not be possible for aircraft to go in a different direction than the commoner ones in your region? You do realise that their are *many* many flights by commerce, private, gov't and the military, and most airspace is 'uncontrolled' in other words they can pretty much go where they want, as long as they log their departure and arrival points and keep out of controlled airspace around cities and airports.

Is the first image showing stars, an actual shot out your window? I'm guessing not - clearly the bottom ones are illustrations as they show the Sun - if you can see the Sun out that window, then you can definitely also see the Moon... May I also point out that stars change their positions quite a lot over the course of a year, let alone rotating over you as the night progresses.

So where, roughly do you live and which way does that window face? Even northern or southern hemisphere will help, but if you give a region then we can look up the potential flight paths over your area.

• Like 2

Or if you are in the USA, you could stick a pin in this image...

usa-flightpaths750.jpg

That's just one day+night's worth...

• Like 1

What you were told is correct, and as Slave2fate verified, if the aircraft is coming from the direction of the horizon (where it will appear low down) and then goes directly overhead, of course it will go in the direction you drew. I don't see how you could be puzzled by that..

Why would it not be possible for aircraft to go in a different direction than the commoner ones in your region? You do realise that their are *many* many flights by commerce, private, gov't and the military, and most airspace is 'uncontrolled' in other words they can pretty much go where they want, as long as they log their departure and arrival points and keep out of controlled airspace around cities and airports.

Is the first image showing stars, an actual shot out your window? I'm guessing not - clearly the bottom ones are illustrations as they show the Sun - if you can see the Sun out that window, then you can definitely also see the Moon... May I also point out that stars change their positions quite a lot over the course of a year, let alone rotating over you as the night progresses.

So where, roughly do you live and which way does that window face? Even northern or southern hemisphere will help, but if you give a region then we can look up the potential flight paths over your area.

I think the GPS coordinates from where I am are

Look, I am not saying it could not have been an airplane flying that night. All I am saying is this:

1) I never saw such trajectory from this window. Period. It's always the unusual, the unexplained, that can get your attention.

2) If any plane can create such illusion then the question I am asking is why this trajectory is so rare that you can't see very often (unless it was a helicopter or anything that could resemble a plane).

If you reply to me that for a specific reason when the plane took of it had to deviate from the normal trajectory then I may buy your explanation. Now if you say this trajectory is not unusual but it takes several days to be spotted again and by chance, I'll also understand.

But if you say that in this area airplanes normally fly this way then you are wrong.

One more thing: from this window you can never see the Moon or the Sun. Only perhaps a few stars.

Edit: this image was captured minutes ago. It's bad but you can see a plane flying to the left:

http://i.imgur.com/syUrfQp.jpg

Edited by Perene

Well, if that is correct you live right in between an airport (Recife International Airport in Brazil) and the coast... from which flights would go in virtually all directions, to/from other locations in South America, the US, routes to Africa, St Helena & Ascension Islands, etc and also planes would be circling in hold patterns and stacking for landing, or taking different routes to take advantage of the wind or avoid storm cells, and that doesn't even begin to cover other commercial, military and private flights, eg coastguard-type services, traffic choppers, etc...

That's right, and less than 10 minutes after that photo, another plane was flying in the same sky. It also came from the right, going to the left side of the screen:

http://i.imgur.com/mRyCdcI.jpg

(Another one minutes ago, I didn't take any picture, same thing).

Why these things only happen when you can't get a clear look from the object that is flying?

Edited by Perene

{Sighs wearily and leaves.}

What is the matter with you? If you don't have anything more to say then get lost.

I had enough of all these punks mocking me about this report when all I am concerned about is the Truth. Nothing else matters to me but the Truth.

Perhaps you might think I am some kind of idiot or a mystifier that is seeking things that does not exist, but I can assure you I am far from being both.

What you have said to me is no more different from any other explanation that was already given in other places. I want to see the same thing AGAIN, is that too much to ask?

I want more detailed explanations, such as which planes took off or arrived in that specific time here, which objects can have red twinkling light... and nobody have given me answers to the most basic questions, so why in the world do you think they are serious about researching what really happened that night?

No one in this **** takes anything seriously. People are all full of themselves with the explanations they know and don't care about anything else other than feeding their egos.

I want evidence that what I saw that night was an airplane.

Just because this area is filled with planes flying all the time doesn't mean it was not an UFO.

If you ask my opinion what I always thought was that all these stories about UFOs are a bunch of crap from lunatics. However I can't deny that sighting got me thinking.

When I seek for answers about anything I don't give up until the end. You, on the other hand, seem content about your own ignorance.

You can't be absolute certain about what you claim to be the Truth. So instead of being an ass, show some humility.

You don't see me claiming it was an alien object, do you? All I said was that I couldn't identify what kind of object was.

What is the matter with you? If you don't have anything more to say then get lost.

I had enough of all these punks mocking me about this report when all I am concerned about is the Truth. Nothing else matters to me but the Truth.

Obviously. :yes:

In the picture you posted there's seems to be two other regular plane trajectories following exactly the specifications you've mentioned about

Nice summer pics tho; it is freaking cold here in Canada!

syUrfQp_zps0219073e.png

This is a window, and there is only one plane that can be seen. The rest is dust. The quality of that picture is s.hit (taken from an iPAD 4), I only took to demonstrate what kind of trajectory you can see from here.

All planes that you can spot from this window are flying in the same path, right to left. Some can fly left to right, and that's it.

I am not denying it could have been a plane, I only said that am still waiting for the next sighting.

Edited by Perene

how about those traces of gas showing in the picture i posted? What do you think is that?

Edited by qxcontinuum

There was recently a case where an aircraft coming straight in off the sea at sunset appeared to be flying straight up on a plume of smoke (sun glaring off of contrail) causing multiple phone calls to teh local police. I'll be damned if I can find it now but it was within teh last two years I believe. My point is you are not alone in seeing this phenomenon and as explained earlier by Slave2Fate, it is merely an optical illusion. I'll see if I can dig that story up and post a link.

Here it ishttp://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-11731014

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/missile_launch_california_contrail_aircraft_203591-1.html

WExplanation:

http://uncinus.wordpress.com/

It was determined to be an aircraft but does resemble a missile or rocket given the sun angle on the dispersing contrail. Hope that helps .

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

This is a window, and there is only one plane that can be seen. The rest is dust. The quality of that picture is s.hit (taken from an iPAD 4), I only took to demonstrate what kind of trajectory you can see from here.

All planes that you can spot from this window are flying in the same path, right to left. Some can fly left to right, and that's it.

I am not denying it could have been a plane, I only said that am still waiting for the next sighting.

While you are waiting, why not go out and buy a pair of binoculars? Then, when you see something strange in the sky you willl have a means of seeing it more clearly.

I could actually recommend a decent pair of binocs. Check out the Skymaster 15x70. Useful more for looking at fixed objects though

This is a window, and there is only one plane that can be seen. The rest is dust. The quality of that picture is s.hit (taken from an iPAD 4), I only took to demonstrate what kind of trajectory you can see from here. All planes that you can spot from this window are flying in the same path, right to left. Some can fly left to right, and that's it. I am not denying it could have been a plane, I only said that am still waiting for the next sighting.

You have got the information to use Flightradar24.com in another forum than UM already, this link will answer your question if I

understood correct what your question is, I´m still not sure about.

how about those traces of gas showing in the picture i posted? What do you think is that?

It's either a cloud or the dirty surface with a white aspect. The picture was taken with the glass window in front of it.

Flight paths are not necessarily fixed, I don't understand what the problem is.

The only problem I am having is with the lack of information about anything.

First of all, if anyone from the government that monitors the sky says to you that it was A or B (a plane, helicopter, etc.) that was passing by your neighborhood it is lying. The sky is huge and that's exactly why we need more amateurs and their telescopes recording things (instead of using cheap cameras that can't show anything clearly).

I believe they don't have a way to spot UFOs. Not saying it was an alien aircraft, but if was a foreign one invading your airspace (and planning an attack), how can you tell they would spot anywhere in your city?

Second, there is a software that monitors the arrival or departure from these planes in this website: http://www.flightrad....com/planes.php

But I didn't know about it in that day. Even if I knew, it could still have been an UFO. It would help, though, to know that a flight from other location was due to arrive at that same time.

When you ask which flights took off and arrived, and if some airplane flew in a different way nobody (again the authorities) is concerned about it and give a clear answer to you.

It's all this lack of information and concern about most things that bothers me.

Edited by Perene

that my friend you saw was an escalator, driven by hades, who wanted to see his brother zeus, out from the underworld and up up up up to the heavens above

• Like 1