Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Billionaire claims aging process 'reversed'

UM-Bot

Not so fast. Ever heard of "mom" versus "mum"?

"ageing" and "mum" is "British English", whereas "aging" and "mom" is "American English"

Just so you know... not important.

There is no such a thing as British English, that is called English, all others use dialects (before some Briton tells you more sternly)

• Like 2

Whether true or not we need a population that lives longer so we can spread to other planets.

• Like 1

Spend it while you're alive,you can't take anything with you, and he will go the same way as the rest of us.

• Like 1

Cure? I didn't realize growing old was a disease

It's terminal.

There is no such a thing as British English, that is called English, all others use dialects (before some Briton tells you more sternly)

Perhaps... I heard it from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ageing

While the process may impact the physiological aspects of the person, what about the psychological? The physical pains of aging due may be deterred, but how does one deal with the mental burdens of many, many decades of life-experiences? Is not the extension of lifespan simply to allay our fears of death? It seems a greater goal might be to satisfy our spiritual needs in life so as to transition the reality of death.

• Like 1

Only reason I would like to have stem cell treatment is to fix my hearing, after that I wouldn't care if I age or get injured heavily, I would be glad to be able to hear and interact with people. If I was given an chance of regaining my hearing through clinical trails by using stem cells, I would accept it in a heartbeat because I would be able to do things that I could before. Using Stem Cells to improve your live oppose to becoming immortal is better, because then I can experience life in the fullest compared to someone who lived two hundred years, they would become extremely anti-social and develop deep emotional issues.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

Some comes up with a possible way to reverse ageing and the first comments I read are people correcting each over over spelling of aging.

And now my post is about spelling, oh dear :/ :P

I'd be kinda worried if they couldn't stop the 'getting younger by the day' part. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Your're right Uncle Sam, to survive for 200 or even 300 years would be result in a crazy amount of instability emotionally I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

First of all, believe we have more then enough liars and opportunists on this spinning piece of solar driftwood, so please don't include me with those untruthful demons for i speak only truth...

I honestly haven't thought much about this reversing aging jazz. Fact is, i would be the first to call this rich dude a liar right to his face. Now doing just that must be considered an impossibility for me. Don't think that way any longer. i was once an old gray-haired middle-aged mass of disgusting blubber once. Then recently had a cancerous kidney removed. Lord knows its been a slow painful recovery thus far. This due to the fact, that I don't like taking any kind of medicines ever, even pain pills. It's been a few months now since all those very cool CAT scans and one very long most enjoyable (educational) bone scan with this amazing radioactive isotope jazz they injected into my body prior to the test. Why, i use the word cool? We'll electronics is my hobby so after that sad accident in Japan, i built a few Geiger counters. Had a lot of fun checking my own body for that radiation jazz once this isotope thing was introduced into it. My goodness, this old man couldn't believe that i was radiating this stuff from head to toe. Almost 1 rad or maybe 2 on the low scale. Started feeling really weird on that day, had several severe headaches some dizziness and my arthritis was flaring up big-time too which was usually always ignored. This major operation was a month or so ago. kinda noticed a change shortly after my first week in ICU? Not sure what happened? I've never been put through so many x-ray procedures before this surgery. Note: it's been thirty+ years since I've seen a doctor, before getting this kidney cancer. I'm now recovering at home and some weird things are happening to me. Lost a great deal of weight, my gray hair has turned back to its natural dark blond,arthritis doesn't seem to exist any longer,carpal tunnel(years of rock drumming) specially in my right wrist doesn't seem to exist any longer either? Hmm! Even these disgusting little long skin things under my arms have like disappeared too. I'm obviously not the same as I was before all those radiation based tests prior to that surgery. Hunger and thirst including any taste are now nonexistent. Must be reminded 24/7 to drink plenty of water to remain hydrated and eat something anything? Before i starve my self to death. Fact is, if I was on a desert island would neither thirst nor hunger for anything. It'll be interesting to see when these changes just stop for this is getting a little frightening as i continue to feel and look quite a bit different (younger and more energetic) to all those around me today. Even my eyeglasses are now useless for my eyesight has gotten much better. Can't believe this radiation jazz and all kinds of hard to pronounce chemicals has done this to me? Makes no sense, millions of people go under this kind of radiation before having some kinda cancer surgery, why would I be any different???

Edited by Second_chance