Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have Ur Perceptions Been Manipulated By NSA?

regeneratia

This is something I KNEW, and experienced here: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

Dispatches

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

By Glenn Greenwald 24 Feb 2014, 6:25 PM EST1,044

A page from a GCHQ top secret document prepared by its secretive JTRIG unit

One of the many pressing stories that remains to be told from the Snowden archive is how western intelligence agencies are attempting to manipulate and control online discourse with extreme tactics of deception and reputation-destruction. It’s time to tell a chunk of that story, complete with the relevant documents.

Over the last several weeks, I worked with NBC News to publish a series of articles about “dirty trick” tactics used by GCHQ’s previously secret unit, JTRIG (Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group). These were based on four classified GCHQ documents presented to the NSA and the other three partners in the English-speaking “Five Eyes” alliance. Today, we at the Intercept are publishing another new JTRIG document, in full, entitled “The Art of Deception: Training for Online Covert Operations.”

So for all you big boys who man this site: You are going to have to send your infamous death squads because some of us will NOT lay down.

FYI, everyone around me knows I will never commit suicide.

Thank the gods for Bradley/Chelsea Manning, Ed Snowden, Vanunu, Gary Webb, Michael Hastings and all on this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_whistleblowers

An y thoughts on this, from you big boys and from the rest of us?

• Like 1

Send end your name, and place of residence and you get your choice of weapon used by the death squad we dispatch! Call while the offer is still good, within the next hour.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think 'death squads' running around whacking people right and left would get noticed.

I agree. It does indeed get noticed.

Did you look at all the charts? Amazing. Very easy to execute.

I tried to put one of the charts in but I do not have the computer programing acumen to be able to get it on here.

The charts must be seen and saved.

Edited by regeneratia

Not a terrible lot in here that's surprising. Actually a lot of these tactics are similar to things we learned in my high school debate classes.

• Like 1

Not a terrible lot in here that's surprising. Actually a lot of these tactics are similar to things we learned in my high school debate classes.

Yeah, see how stupid things have been for them? That is why the intelligence agencies are losing control

Scheming B (where did you get that name?)

It isn't paranoia. Perhaps that is how you want people to view it, because you think they have a limited capacity to think without your imput

Edited by regeneratia

I got the name becasue Scheming B*st*rd isnt allowed

becasue I'm a b*st*rd, and I scheme.

It IS paranoia, you see everyone thinks suddenly the big bad government is watching them constantly

in reality if you thought about it for even a second

of course the govt watches the internet, they'd be stupid not to.

At the end of the day, you, me, this site, the government straight up doesn't care. Unless, I'm mistaken, and you're some sort of international terrorist.

If you are, then you have my apologies, you're clearly important and I appreciate the audience w/ someone so successful at their chosen field

And, the government probably appreciates overreactions like the fear mongering people have slung since snowden's little...thing because it keeps people busy.

as for my input?

I don't care enough about people to think they need my input.

• Like 3

Yeah, see how stupid things have been for them? That is why the intelligence agencies are losing control

Scheming B (where did you get that name?)

It isn't paranoia. Perhaps that is how you want people to view it, because you think they have a limited capacity to think without your imput

I would hardly call control "slipping", especially when one does some research and sees how liitle intelligence agencies had in the first place. Most people have bought the nigh omnipotent image intelligence agencies have wanted to project: caution from its own people that would inspire fear in the nations enemies. Been that way since the early days of the Cold War.

Though I wouldn't label it as the result of pure paranoia, I wouldn't be so quick to say it doesn't play a significant part. And of couse now we have an oh-so-lovely "get out of jail free card" for conspiracy advocates to play when they find their theories falling apart and they can't be bothered to back up their claims with evidence.

Oh, wait, they've been doing that already.

I got the name becasue Scheming B*st*rd isnt allowed

becasue I'm a b*st*rd, and I scheme.

It IS paranoia, you see everyone thinks suddenly the big bad government is watching them constantly

in reality if you thought about it for even a second

of course the govt watches the internet, they'd be stupid not to.

At the end of the day, you, me, this site, the government straight up doesn't care. Unless, I'm mistaken, and you're some sort of international terrorist.

If you are, then you have my apologies, you're clearly important and I appreciate the audience w/ someone so successful at their chosen field

And, the government probably appreciates overreactions like the fear mongering people have slung since snowden's little...thing because it keeps people busy.

as for my input?

I don't care enough about people to think they need my input.

Couldn't have said it better. Bigger words maybe, but I digress.

I try to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Birds of a feather flock together.

LOL, this is not paranoia. This is documented fact.

• Like 2

It's pretty obvious that the political parties already use this system, it would only be logical that the countries themselves use it. Heck, I see some techniques on your list being used here on UM on a regular basis. I wouldn't be paranoid about it, but one should be aware that the internet, public opinion, and even you mind is a battleground.

Vietnam is a perfect example. We won every major engagement but still lost the war. Why was that? It was because we were losing it on another battlefront. The hearts and minds of the American and Vietnamese citizens.

• Like 3

Wonderful, more paranoia.

Like that's not more harmful than anything else.

As John Oliver and The Daily Show quipped this past summer after the Snowden revelations, paraphrasing, "For all you paranoid people, it seems your paranoia was rather justified". :yes:

• Like 1

Right you are, but some folks have fooled themselves into pretending certain facts don't exist. Is that cognitive dissonance manifested through behavior?

• Like 2

Understanding that the internet has always been watched isn't paranoia.

Thinking you're important enough individually for them t be paying attention to your life is. It's probably also some sort of narcissistic delusion, but the internet allows for that in droves anyways.

• Like 3

It's documented fact that there are murderers out on the street. It's paranoia to think that every time you step foot outside your home, someone is trying to kill you.

• Like 2

It's pretty obvious that the political parties already use this system, it would only be logical that the countries themselves use it. Heck, I see some techniques on your list being used here on UM on a regular basis. I wouldn't be paranoid about it, but one should be aware that the internet, public opinion, and even you mind is a battleground.

Vietnam is a perfect example. We won every major engagement but still lost the war. Why was that? It was because we were losing it on another battlefront. The hearts and minds of the American and Vietnamese citizens.

Bravo!

And because there was nothing legitimate about the action in RVN, not at the beginning, and not with 30 years hindsight.

Isn't it like, to any government, Joe Bloggs is the enemy and always has been?

Run Joe, RUNNNNN.....

"Paranoid"?...One of the best albums of all time...love old Black Sabbath...

Oh wait...

You think that if people believe they are being manipulated via media...be it the MSM or social media...they are paranoid...OIC...

paranoia.jpg

paranoid1.jpg

But hey....if some folks don't want to think they GOV has reasons to manipulate your perception to the GOV's advantage...carry on!

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

• Like 3

I'm not claiming it doesn't happen, I'm saying that if you're just now aware of it because of recent events and you're now all gung ho about it, you're really being silly.

Did people just assume that a government regulated medium like broadcasting wasn't being moderated by them? Or that this massive flow of information, that was developed so that gov computers could communicate wasn't being monitored?

private companies have been doing the same thing just as long, and with better results.

It's just not all that important.

the same kind of people who complain about surveillance and the like are the ones who want full disclosure of everything the government does.

And its all just kind or ridiculous

They are in positions of power, if they weren't monitoring, I'd disappointed. It's what i'd do in their position.

I'm not claiming it doesn't happen, I'm saying that if you're just now aware of it because of recent events and you're now all gung ho about it, you're really being silly.

Did people just assume that a government regulated medium like broadcasting wasn't being moderated by them? Or that this massive flow of information, that was developed so that gov computers could communicate wasn't being monitored?

private companies have been doing the same thing just as long, and with better results.

It's just not all that important.

the same kind of people who complain about surveillance and the like are the ones who want full disclosure of everything the government does.

And its all just kind or ridiculous

They are in positions of power, if they weren't monitoring, I'd disappointed. It's what i'd do in their position.

I have been aware of their tactics since the mid-90's. Bush used these tactics without compunction, in the dubious march to illegally invade Iraq. Joe Wilson. Scott oh what is his name? He who disagreed with Bush over whether Iraq had WMDs, who was on the UN team that assessed that issue for some time. Oh heck,. Bush was defaming people left and right. Look what happened to Trent Lott when he put his foot on Bush.

• Like 1

"Paranoid"?...One of the best albums of all time...love old Black Sabbath...

Oh wait...

You think that if people believe they are being manipulated via media...be it the MSM or social media...they are paranoid...OIC...

paranoia.jpg

paranoid1.jpg

But hey....if some folks don't want to think they GOV has reasons to manipulate your perception to the GOV's advantage...carry on!

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

I heard a quote the other day, it goes something like : It isn't about if you are paranoid. It is rather if you are paranoid enough to do something about it.