Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama warns Russia

F3SS

Compromise isn't the same as giving in. I understand well that the word compromise is thrown around carelessly and falsely on a The Hill. However, working together, sometimes with people you may not like, comes with the job. First, you can't just do whatever you want. That's dictatorial. Second, even if a libertarian got into the whitehouse, likely by a photo finish, he's got to prove his ideas work. Until he does, he'll have a combative congress to contend with. Ultimately, if libertarian principles become glowingly popular with the people then the establishment won't be such a hassle because the status quo guys will just do and say whatever the people want to hear. Not because they care or have convictions but it'll get them votes and that kind of politicking will never go away.

• Like 2

Compromise isn't the same as giving in. I understand well that the word compromise is thrown around carelessly and falsely on a The Hill. However, working together, sometimes with people you may not like, comes with the job. First, you can't just do whatever you want. That's dictatorial. Second, even if a libertarian got into the whitehouse, likely by a photo finish, he's got to prove his ideas work. Until he does, he'll have a combative congress to contend with. Ultimately, if libertarian principles become glowingly popular with the people then the establishment won't be such a hassle because the status quo guys will just do and say whatever the people want to hear. Not because they care or have convictions but it'll get them votes and that kind of politicking will never go away.

Doing a little of what you want, along with a little of what they want, is dictatorial too.

The meaningful alternative is simply not doing whatever you want.

Well, to not do what you want requires doing a lot. Initially at least. We're talking serious policy changes, vetoes, ect.. Moreover, since the constitution is so lackadaisically twisted and terribly interpreted to suit the interpreter it seems at this point a secondary constitution of what isn't allowed is in order just to combat the interpreters because apparently stating only what the government is allowed to do is so ripe for abuse.

Edited by F3SS

Well, to not do what you want requires doing a lot. Initially at least. We're talking serious policy changes, vetoes, ect.. Moreover, since the constitution is so lackadaisically twisted and terribly interpreted to suit the interpreter it seems at this point a secondary constitution of what isn't allowed is in order just to combat the interpreters because apparently stating only what the government is allowed to do is so ripe for abuse.

I don't see anything wrong with the Constitution; I see plenty of people playing politics in the administration, legislation and interpretation of it. And way too many people slaves laying down and giving in, in the interest of "compromise".

A 2nd Constitution of what isn't allowed would destroy us, because the implication there is that government can go ahead and do everything else that isn't on some sacrosanct list from the bureaucracy. It sounds like you're abandoning the Constitution now, with a 2nd Constitution that's the polar opposite of the original.

I'm just throwing some things out there and I wasn't 100% character defining committed to the idea. I meant a second to go along with it and I was pretty clear as I used the word secondary not second as in replacement. I've abandoned nothing. My statements and convictions run pretty straight here with many of them defending and fighting in favor of the Constitution. Go ahead, look through old threads.

Blackwater in Ukraine, boots on the ground

Blackwater in Ukraine, boots on the ground

On whose side?

• Like 1

western/pro-kiev

Can the Crimean annexation by Russia be legitimate? Considering that the territory is occupied by Russian Forces, and they are preventing outside observers from entering?

Its not annexation "by Russia", its the will of the Crimeans apparently. We will see what Russia will say

Its not annexation "by Russia", its the will of the Crimeans apparently. We will see what Russia will say

Why do they need Russian soldiers on the streets if it is the will of the people?

To protect their military installations and such maybe... For example Russian black sea fleet is stationed on Crimea since 1783 believe it or not... and there are 2 Russian airforce bases there , don't know about what else. .. also apparently some 1994 pact between Ukraine and Russia allows 25.000 Russian troops on the ground in Crimea, and some mechanization too

To protect their military installations and such maybe... For example Russian black sea fleet is stationed on Crimea since 1783 believe it or not... and there are 2 Russian airforce bases there , don't know about what else. .. also apparently some 1994 pact between Ukraine and Russia allows 25.000 Russian troops on the ground in Crimea, and some mechanization too

That treaty only allows them I Russian Bases. They need Kievs approval to move outside of those bases.

Perhaps..... but abolishing Russian language (hours after the coup) was a signal that they don't need any ones approval )))))

western/pro-kiev

source ?

Perhaps..... but abolishing Russian language (hours after the coup) was a signal that they don't need any ones approval )))))

They didn't abolish te language. From what I understand is that they just made the National Language Ukrainian.

• Like 1

lol? Do you know anything about Blackwater? its all over the news bro

Edited by SolarPlexus

lol? Do you know anything about Blackwater? its all over the news bro

I'm very aware of the security firm and their record in Iraq - source for them being on the ground in Ukraine?

There has been a lot of chatter that both the Russians and Ukrainians are hiring mercenaries. Russian to keep their hands clean and the Ukraine to bolster themselves. Seeing as how Academi (Blackwater) makes their living doing things like this, I wouldn't be surprised that they are there.

The Russians will probably not annex Crimea. They'll simply assist/recognize it to become a seperate nation, like they've been trying to do in Georgia. Of course this new nation will be just a puppet nation of the Russians (Which is what they wanted from the entire Ukraine, but hey just Crimea will work fine also.).

Nice find dude.Always good to see and hear the inner workings of what the "Real" story is.Tip of the iceberg to be sure.Told ya thing's would get interesting in a few months... That was a few months ago i said that...Right?...Lol
  • Like 1

Why do they need Russian soldiers on the streets if it is the will of the people?

I think the people have been in the streets. Ukraine shouldn't need this kind of force imposed on it in order to exercise self-determination.

Russia has the will and the force, and they're making a blatantly obvious power-grab now that the US is keeling over in debt and has no stomach for another War of Retardation like we just had in Iraq. Unfortunately a lot of Ukrainians in Crimea feel the same way as the Russians do, and have no problem with Russia moving in. Even the wife of a Ukrainian commander who was holed up and blockaded by Russian forces described herself as "Russian from head to toe." The Russian soldiers would not let her in, however. Ultimately they decided to take the bag of groceries from the woman and hand-deliver it to her husband through a window. Perhaps her language was made in fear. She was clearly desperate to take care of and feed her husband. Her persistence paid off, but perhaps the words she used were only because she was afraid.

Here's a question: Has the Ukrainian government been violent to its own people? Has "the West" bothered to ask that?

From like 0:41 to 0:51 it sounds like he's straining on the toilet.

Listening to our little lords decide our duties in the world is just incredible!

The largest bank heist in the history of the world is happening right now and it's the banks doing the robbing.

• Like 1