Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Indian head shake decoded. Viral

seeder

I had always wondered about this too!!

A video decoding Indian headshakes has gone viral, attracting over a million hits in a week. What does its popularity tell us about the way Indians see themselves?

"A lot of people might find it strange," says Paul Mathew. "But if you are born in India, as you grow up, it becomes a part of your character, your personality, that as you talk you tend to move your head in different ways." Mathew, originally from south India but now working in the film industry in Mumbai, is the writer and director of Indian Headshakes - What Do They Mean? which has garnered more than a million views on YouTube since it was uploaded last week. "If we had known that this video was going to get such awesome viewership we would have shot it better," he says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-26390944

• Like 1

We had an Indian 3rd Officer who did this,nice chap,but his nick name was Noddy.heh.

• Like 3

off topic.... but does anyone know why gangster handshakes like this one (video) has to be soo long

• Like 1

So they communicate with their head movements, like the Italians and Greeks communicate with their hands and arms, the Americans their guns mouths, the English with their charm and benefits and the French with their tongues. :whistle:

• Like 2

off topic.... but does anyone know why gangster handshakes like this one (video) has to be soo long

[media=]

[/media]

complex handshakes is symbolic of being on the same page of sorts.

like a thing between you and your friend showing ho well you click.

.....its also kinda fun

[media=]

[/media]

I suppose, after hearing how they talk, the handshakes are the best form of communication.

Love the video, but I was waiting for the one in the blue trousers to fall down, how they keep them up is still a mystery to me.

So they communicate with their head movements, like the Italians and Greeks communicate with their hands and arms, the Americans their guns mouths, the English with their charm and benefits and the French with their tongues. :whistle:

Hey! I'm Merican and I don't have a gun! And I'm a hand mover. Love me!!

• Like 1

I had always wondered about this too!!

A video decoding Indian headshakes has gone viral, attracting over a million hits in a week. What does its popularity tell us about the way Indians see themselves?

"A lot of people might find it strange," says Paul Mathew. "But if you are born in India, as you grow up, it becomes a part of your character, your personality, that as you talk you tend to move your head in different ways." Mathew, originally from south India but now working in the film industry in Mumbai, is the writer and director of Indian Headshakes - What Do They Mean? which has garnered more than a million views on YouTube since it was uploaded last week. "If we had known that this video was going to get such awesome viewership we would have shot it better," he says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ending-26390944

[media=]

[/media]

Sheesh so much head bobbing I thought I was watching a Bollywood movie.

• Like 1

Hey! I'm Merican and I don't have a gun! And I'm a hand mover. Love me!!

Haha, wondered when I was going to get a slap for that.

I am a hand mover too....amd arms, the two somehow seem to go together. Oh, and my mouth moves alot. Hehe.

• Like 1