Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disney to end Boy Scouts Funding

Dumpnuts

Disney to pull Boy Scouts funding by 2015 over policy banning gay leaders

By Devon M. Sayers, CNN

updated 1:49 PM EST, Sat March 1, 2014

(CNN) -- The Walt Disney Company has given notice to the Boy Scouts of America that it will pull all funding to the group starting in 2015 because of a BSA membership policy that bans gay leaders, the entertainment company said Friday.

Disney does not give money directly to the national organization or local BSA councils. However, through its VoluntEARS program, Disney allows employees to do volunteer work in exchange for cash donations to the charities of their choice.

Employees taking part in the VoluntEARS program will no longer be able to submit the funds to the Boy Scouts, the organization said. The new policy will not affect Walt Disney employees who volunteer with the Scouts, the company said.

http://www.cnn.com/2...scouts-funding/

Edited by DumpsterJesus

Well, it is a free country...How Disney conducts it's business is the choice of Disney. Personally, I think it's a form of bullying...the Boy Scouts are the Boy Scouts...with gay leaders or not...so trying to "hurt them" to get your way is bullying.

• Like 1

Hmm, gays are about as likely to be pedophiles are straight people are. That said, if the boy scouts won't let a woman be a scout leader I can kind of see the logic in not wanting gay men to be...

• Like 1

Well, it is a free country...How Disney conducts it's business is the choice of Disney. Personally, I think it's a form of bullying...the Boy Scouts are the Boy Scouts...with gay leaders or not...so trying to "hurt them" to get your way is bullying.

Not helping them is the same as hurting them? Why are Boy Scouts entitled to help from Disney?

• Like 2

Discrimination is discrimination is discrimination. It is never okay. It's really that simple.

Its Disneys money, and the boys scouts are what they are, to each their own.

• Like 3

Hmm, gays are about as likely to be pedophiles are straight people are. That said, if the boy scouts won't let a woman be a scout leader I can kind of see the logic in not wanting gay men to be...

Do you have a link for that? Honestly asking.

Do you have a link for that? Honestly asking.

I don't think I was trying to state any facts. I don't know much about the Boy Scouts, never interested me. I states my opinions of how I would feel given a certain situation(if women aren't allowed to be scout leaders).

Discriminating against the discriminator and the only ones getting the brunt of it are the kids. Oh well, tis life.