Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarot for Skeptics

Awake2Chaos

*Pulls a number*

"Number 12."

/nice thread A2C! :)

• Like 2

i know you said to wait but i wanted to get my request here before i went to work :)

i would like a past present future reading please and i don't have a specific question

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi I'm very much a skeptic and would like option 3, 10 card spread, if possible!

Thanks!

1. Central theme: The Emperor: Fatherhood, Action, Relationships, Authority, Guidance; This card shows me that there is a man in your life, most likely your father or another male that is significant, that your energies are centered around at this moment. The second possiblity is that this is you ~

2. Bridge card (what is either helping or hindering the central theme): 9 of Pentacles: Order and Pleasure; This card is all about harmony and a restoration of order. Perhaps the man mentioned in the first card has been having a hard time and in need of a break from strife.

3. Subconscious Mind: The Wheel of Fortune: This tells me that well-being and desire for a smooth flow are always in the back of your mind. Striving for balance is always a concern.

4. The Past: Judgement, inverted: Guilt and fear come up with this card in the inverted position. A period of some serious harsh self-judgement. What ever you are beating yourself up over, you need to let it go. Since this is in the past position, is shows me that you are moving away from it, but I get the sense that this is still a struggle for you. Really focus on letting it go, and realize that everyone makes mistakes.

5. Conscious Mind: The Magician: This mirrors what is going on in the subconcious mind; a desire for making desires a reality and getting the ball rolling on positive change you have been wanting in your life. Your mind is super focused on being successful, almost to the point where I feel it might be overwhelming. Cut yourself a bit of slack, and don't put too much pressure on yourself. It's okay to be ambitious, but don't obsess.

6. The Future: 5 of Swords, inverted: This is a warning; This tells me that you may encounter a climax to a situation that has been building in tension. The important thing is that you need to take ownership for your part, and not let any mistakes on your part keep you from making a wrong, right again. Everybody screws up from time to time; don't be defiant, take ownership of your actions. It lends itself to personal growth.

7. Self-perception: Page of Cups: This tells me you have a realistic view of yourself; you see yourself as sociable and creative, but you recognize some of your short-comings. This is good. Not many people have a balanced view of themselves, keep that!

8. How others see you: Death, inverted: Perhaps the male mentioned in the first card feels you drifted away? In any case, others see you as a bit closed off and distant. Arms-length comes to mind.

9. Hopes or Fears: 8 of Cups: A change of heart. This can go both ways; either you hope someone will shift their views and try to meet you half-way or you are afraid that they do not feel the same about you anymore. If a relationship has come to a standstill or needs work, this card is telling me that it's work that needs to be done.

10. Outcome: Knight of Swords, inverted: This card shows me that ultimately, there will be manipulation, and an indirect approach, rather than a straight-forward hash out. It screams dissapointment to me. So moving forward, no matter what you decide to do, guard yourself and keep your eyes open. Even though you may want the situation to work out, you don't have control over other people and how they decide to treat you. All you can do is the best you can do, and the rest is out of your hands.

The way the inverted cards appear to me in the spread give me the feeling that you are 'swimming against the current'. Looks like a tough situation and I genuinely hope it works out for you.

• Like 1

I'm up for it! I'm still a little iffy on cards readings and accuracy. Insight into my family path would be awesome. Any spread

• Like 1

Okay, here is my plan of action:

mb20122013, I am going to do a reading for you tonight.

Tomorrow I will read for:

• and then
  • Sakari
  • J Girl

Once I get readings for those folks, I will go back and do 2nd readings for

• Dumpster Jesus
  • Ideal Experience

Then I will open the floor to more requests.

Edited by Awake2Chaos
  • Like 3

Also, I am writing these down, so if I go back and do 2nd readings for any of you, I can compare what I pulled the first time vs. the second.

I'm up for it! I'm still a little iffy on cards readings and accuracy. Insight into my family path would be awesome. Any spread

Okay MB (those were my maiden name initials!!), for a family path, I laid past, present and future, then drew one extra card, to see if the cards had anything extra to offer me.

Past: 8 of Wands, inverted: This shows me you've had some issues with discernment; maybe just trying to figure out another person's intentions has been tough for you...either because they are lying to you or maybe your desire for things to work out a certain way has made it hard for you to see the truth about a person. Discernment is hard sometimes, especially when we want something in earnest.

Present: 2 of Pentacles: This card translates to money worries. It can mean you are either scrimping and trying to get by, or you are worried that you won't have enough money to achieve something that you are needing or wanting to do. (I feel your pain, a lot of people are struggling with it now-a-days)

Future: 2 of Cups: This card can mean a few different things; you can have a new romantic relationship on the horizon OR if you are currently involved with someone, a rekindling of passion between the two of you. Either way it denotes romantic commitment.

The extra card I pulled for you was the Moon: I would take this card as a warning; what it tells me is that you just need to be cautious with your relationship, and treat it with care. Don't move forward with any changes unless you are sure, but don't second-guess yourself too much. You don't want to hurt this person based on insecurities picked up from past hurts inflicted by other people. You will have decisions to make, just make sure you are making them based on the right things, not whims.

I'm interested. Celtic please.

I'm not taking any more requests tonight, I have others I will need to read tomorrow before I can do so.

Check back, once I'm caught up (and I'm sure you'll come back) I'd be happy to.

*Pulls number*

"Number 48."

Frig.

You are cracking me up, lol.

Good night guys, I'll be back tomorrow to read you other lovlies.

• Like 1

Okay MB (those were my maiden name initials!!), for a family path, I laid past, present and future, then drew one extra card, to see if the cards had anything extra to offer me.

Past: 8 of Wands, inverted: This shows me you've had some issues with discernment; maybe just trying to figure out another person's intentions has been tough for you...either because they are lying to you or maybe your desire for things to work out a certain way has made it hard for you to see the truth about a person. Discernment is hard sometimes, especially when we want something in earnest.

Present: 2 of Pentacles: This card translates to money worries. It can mean you are either scrimping and trying to get by, or you are worried that you won't have enough money to achieve something that you are needing or wanting to do. (I feel your pain, a lot of people are struggling with it now-a-days)

Future: 2 of Cups: This card can mean a few different things; you can have a new romantic relationship on the horizon OR if you are currently involved with someone, a rekindling of passion between the two of you. Either way it denotes romantic commitment.

The extra card I pulled for you was the Moon: I would take this card as a warning; what it tells me is that you just need to be cautious with your relationship, and treat it with care. Don't move forward with any changes unless you are sure, but don't second-guess yourself too much. You don't want to hurt this person based on insecurities picked up from past hurts inflicted by other people. You will have decisions to make, just make sure you are making them based on the right things, not whims.

Thank you. This made a decent connection to my own life. Rekindling and making smart choices fit quite well.

• Like 1

1. - 10.

The way the inverted cards appear to me in the spread give me the feeling that you are 'swimming against the current'. Looks like a tough situation and I genuinely hope it works out for you.

Thanks for taking the time do do the reading - is much appreciated as we skeptics usually don't get to join in! :rofl:

Some things were relevant and some weren't - which is what I expected. Some were general and could apply to almost anyone and some were more specific.

Did you want me to give a response for 1 - 10 of how I think it relates to me? Or do you already know and don't need the feedback?

Thanks again - fun positive thread and a good way to engage the skeptics!

• Like 2

Hi, can I have a future only please, do not want to drag the past up, been there already, do not need a present....still dealing with present to sort out the past, so, please..future only.

Is there a discount for just wanting 1?

Ps: as a skeptic, I am looking forward to see if you can surprise me. :-*

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Thanks for taking the time do do the reading - is much appreciated as we skeptics usually don't get to join in! :rofl:

Some things were relevant and some weren't - which is what I expected. Some were general and could apply to almost anyone and some were more specific.

Did you want me to give a response for 1 - 10 of how I think it relates to me? Or do you already know and don't need the feedback?

Thanks again - fun positive thread and a good way to engage the skeptics!

That's up to you, some people don't like to talk about their personal lives, and others are okay with it. I love feedback but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable either.

And thank you!

i know you said to wait but i wanted to get my request here before i went to work :)

i would like a past present future reading please and i don't have a specific question

thanks in advance

Okay J Girl, this is for you:

Past: 6 of Wands, inverted: This card denotes a sense of dissapointment and insecurity. A situation did not work out the way you expected it to, and let you feeling defeated and beat down. Glad it's in the past and you are moving away from it.

Present: 3 of Cups: This card is about growth and healing. Cups are a vessels, so they show potential; specifically doors opening to rejuvination. This card is overtly positive and heralds a chance to get things back to normal.

Future: Ace of Pentacles, inverted: This is a warning card concerning money; be careful of your spending!! You may have some bills coming your way and buying things you don't need could really hurt you. Squirrel away your extra money and make do with what you have right now. You don't want to be caught short!

Just a question: do you feel like your life goes up/down/up/down? Like you want a consistent peace, but for some reason it stays out of reach? (Hey, that rhymed!!)

• Like 1

I am most definitely a skeptic - not sure what the difference is but since I love all things Celtic ...

For you: (Buckle your seatbelt)

1. Central theme: 5 of Pentacles: Hardship: This card is about hardship and debt; may not necessarily mean that you are currently indebeted (although it could) but worried about it. This card can also indicate isolation from people or activities that you want to be participating in but can't at the moment. Overall a bleak card.

2. The Bridge card (things that could help/hinder the central theme) Queen of Cups: Insight, nurturing: This card tells you to trust your intuition. Advice from other people is okay, but ultimately you have to decided what the right plan of action is for yourself. People always seem to have the answers when something isn't happening to them. Doesn't mean they are right. Could also literally mean a supportive female figure in your life. If she wants to help you out, let her.

3. Subconscious mind: The Hermit: This reflects the central theme (a supporting card). This shows me that in your subconcious you are thinking about stepping back and taking a break from the social scene. This can be a good thing sometimes; energy from other people is not always supportive or helpful, and cutting people out of your life for a while can help you re-center yourself and give you a chance to find your bearings again.

4. The Past: Ace of Cups, inverted: This card represents stagnation. It can mean a couple different things; a relationship that has come to a stand still and is no longer benefiting you, or it can denote a feeling of not having enough to give to others emotionally in your relationships. The Ace of cups is the apex card of the suit, and if you invert a cup, it spills; The Ace suit relates to emotions and relationships, so when it's 'spilled', it shows a great lack of the aforementioned.

5. Conscious mind: 3 of Pentacles, inverted: This card shows a blockage; Maybe you are thinking about a relationship that isn't receiving the attention you feel it needs. I get this feeling that you are putting up with more than you should be. Don't let anyone walk on you. You deserve better than that. Try to shift your thoughts to something more positive.

6. The Future: Page of Swords, inverted: I would take this card as a warning. When the Page is inverted it can indicate 'mischief'. Mischief can take a lot of forms; someone trying to manipulate you, misinformation, or a cue to make sure any business deals (like banking, loans, etc) are on the up and up. Double check paper work, facts, etc.

7. Self-Perception: 3 of Swords: This card is all about heartbreak and sorrow. Are you feeling down on yourself? Or like you are getting the short end of the stick on something? Like I told Timothy in his reading, don't be too hard on yourself. You have to be your own best friend; make sure you aren't setting unrealistic goals for yourself.

8. How others see you: Knight of Swords, inverted: Do you get accused of being overly dramatic? This card gives me the impression that others aren't very sympathetic to you, and may even accuse you of being unreliable. (I'm not liking what I'm seeing of the people in your life at this moment)

9. Hopes or Fears: 8 of Cups: This card represents 'A change of heart'. I pulled this card for Timothy in the same position (interesting to me, anyway) and the same applies to you as well; it can either mean you hope someone will change their ways and start meeting you half-way, OR you are worried that someone you care about will move away from you emotionally and it scares you. That is for you to decide.

10. The Outcome: Temperance: This card is kinda self-explanitory; It represents balance, hope, reconciliation & tranformation. This shows me that if you can move past the hurts and self-doubt that you can find a place that is condusive to growth. The key word is balance. Deep breath, don't over extend, and don't give time to people who drain you.

I find it interesting I didn't pull one Wand card in your entire reading; Wands deal with inspiration. You may have some personal insight into why that is~

A lot of internal struggle going on ~

Being pulled in too many directions can make you want to shut down ~

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this one.

Sakari, I will be back later to do yours!!

Ideal Experience/ Dumpster Jesus: I was browsing through my book of spreads and found a five card reading that deals with specific questions relating to external things (will I get the Job, will I find a girlfriend) and I'd like to do that spread for both of you if it's okay with you?

• Like 2

Ideal Experience/ Dumpster Jesus: I was browsing through my book of spreads and found a five card reading that deals with specific questions relating to external things (will I get the Job, will I find a girlfriend) and I'd like to do that spread for both of you if it's okay with you?

I'm cool with that.
  • Like 1

Am on still in the system? And is it ok if I change my request? Can I have a few bits on the paat....testing purposes.

No mocking, just curious. :tu:

• Like 1

Am on still in the system? And is it ok if I change my request? Can I have a few bits on the paat....testing purposes.

No mocking, just curious. :tu:

Indeed!!

I will probably do a past, present and future spread, and just leave out the past for you, if that's okay?

• Like 1

I showed up late for the party....

I think I am the longest acting skeptic member on this thread though :)

Celtic Cross please.

Although, I would be very curious to see what you got for my past. ( not that it is not plastered on this site though )

I found your reading really interesting.

Occasionally cards will 'jump' out of the deck when arranging them to shuffle; Readers pay attention to these cards, because they generally will have significance in some way.

The card that fell out during your reading was the Tower: This card denotes disaster, surrender, endings and egotism. It warns of destruction; the card itself is very morbid, with a tower consumed in fire and people falling to their death's from it. It generally heralds sudden loss. We'll see if and how it relates to your reading.

1. Central Theme: The Star, inverted; a creative or emotional block. In the upright position this card translates to inspiration, guidance, energy, happiness, etc. So in the inverted position it's connotation is the opposite. It is a warning to watch for people that will use you to suit their own purposes.

2. Bridge Card: 3 of Swords: (this is what helps or hinders you) Heartbreak and sorrow: As a bridge card this card is telling you not to let anger or dissapointment cloud your view of the way things really are. The Star card denotes illusion, and the 3 of Swords in this position shows me that you need to be careful of not letting your emotions suppress facts. Anger is destructive.

3. Subconcious mind: Knight of Swords: A Battle. You are already preparing to go on the defensive, even if you aren't consciously thinking about it. It denotes an undercurrent of determination to fight until you win. An aggressive card.

4. The Past: Queen of Swords: Eloquence: This card shows me that you have a niche for persuasive and fluent communication; perhaps you talked your way out of something or tried to help someone through a tough time. The position of the card along with it's nature tell me this phase was transient, and you are no longer able to harness your prior prowess in this area. It goes back to the Star card and the mention of a possible blockage for you.

5. Conscious mind: The Chariot: You are determined, lol. This card can mean a couple different things; chariots were a means of transport, so it can literally mean you are looking to take a trip or buy a new car...but it can also indicate a dichotomy; light and dark, being pulled in two different directions, or dealing with conflicting emotions at the same time. There is also an association with self-control; either trying to attain it, or knowing you need to work on it.

6. The Future: The Wheel of Fortune, inverted: As I've stated before when this card has come up in this position, this is a warning that your fortune may take a turn downward. But the beautiful thing about a wheel is that it does turn, so that your fortune will right itself again. If you marry this with the Tower card, it is concerning for what is coming for you. In one word: Disaster.

7. Self-Perception: The Moon, inverted: This shows me that even though you put on a brave face, you really aren't too sure about your gut instincts; you don't trust yourself as much as you could. Do you have trust issues?

8. Other's perception of you: Queen of Pentacles: This card in the upright position has an overt positive message: others see you as trustworthy (interesting given your self-perception card) and strong. They also think you generous in many things. Helpful comes to mind.

9. Hopes or Fears: 4 of Swords: This card denotes recovery: Recovery from a draining experience or person in your life. Perhaps you are hoping for some down time so you can recuperate and unwind a bit. Maybe a break from the dogged determination?

10 Outcome: Ace of Pentacles; As I mentioned before, the Ace of any suit is a representation of that suit in its purest form. Pentacles relate to money and security, so this tells me that ultimately you will be okay, maybe even better off than you anticipated both financially and emotionally. Determination and drive go a long way, this card supports that.

I find it interesting I pulled no Wands or Cups for your reading; Pentacles and Swords are Earth and Air, respectively. The dichotomy within. Pentacles are money/security, Swords are intellect/conflict.

I also pulled 4 Major Arcana cards for you so this tells me that your emotions and actions run on the strong side. Subtle is not your forte`.

That being said, you have the ability to be mindful, & other people see that in you, too.

I wish you the best.

Edited by Awake2Chaos

Hi, can I have a future only please, do not want to drag the past up, been there already, do not need a present....still dealing with present to sort out the past, so, please..future only.

Is there a discount for just wanting 1?

Ps: as a skeptic, I am looking forward to see if you can surprise me. :-*

You weren't lying about the past, if you want an explanation of that card in private, feel free to message me, and I can give you both Past and Present.

The card I pulled for your future:

Page of Swords: Bascially what this card shows is intelligence. So in order for you to negotiate the future, take your time, think things through, let your mind rule. Be practical and if someone in your life you trust offers you advice, give it a listen. Sometimes it's hard to have a clear view of a situation when you are in the thick of it, and an outsider can give insights you may not see. Over all it means if you are careful and thoughtful things will pan out.

Once everyone thats posted has had their reading, can I ask another of you?

Since you say a single question is better, can I ask: Will I get the job(Business Analysis to be specific) I have just applied for (and Been interviewed)?

With a Celtic Spread?

Kind Regards :)

I don't know if you saw it, but I found a more appropriate spread for your specific question, and it is literally called Question & Answer. It's a 5 card spread.

1. You and your present situation: 9 of Cups, inverted: This card tells me you are feeling overlooked at this point; it's connected to vanity, not necessarily on your part. My guess is that this job is super-competitive, and there are a lot of people vying for the spot. Everyone applying thinks they are the best candidate for the job.

2. Actions you can take: Knight of Cups, inverted: This card is connected to emptiness; so if someone is telling you 'Yes you have the job', be wary and plan as if you won't get it. It's a warning not to be too trustful or plan too far ahead.

3. Obstacles or Challenges: Queen of Wands: This card represents someone else they interviewed for the job, a woman. She is a good talker ( or bull**** artist, imo) and 'naturally popular', so if her showboating works, she could take the job from you, just based on her ability to coerce and use her charm to her advantage. She is your competition.

4. The Outcome: The Lovers: A successful decision is made! I would interpret this card as you landing the job. (But remember, sometimes if things don't work out the way you want, it can lead to better things.) Overtly positive in relation to your question.

5. The effect on you: Death: Initially people see the Death card and freak out, but in this case it is a good thing, as it heralds and ending of one era, and the beginning of a new one. If you couple it with the Lovers, my feeling is that the job will be yours. This card tells me that you have change headed your way and you need to embrace it.

I will be super interested to see how accurate this is once you hear about the job. I wish you the best of luck!!!

• Like 1

Dumpster Jesus, I will do your 5 card reading tonight.

Then I'll open it up and see if anyone else would like a reading.

• Like 1