Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronaut recalls encounter with a UFO

I have a great recipe for chilli. Anybody want it? :w00t:

Genuine Taxas Chilli?

Only seen it on TV, ohhh maaaaaate, that would definitely put you on my friends list !! :D I'd love to try it - is it really hot?

• Like 1

Well someday we might just get to see a sat,storm overhead ! THat wont be good either ! :tu:

• Like 1

Genuine Taxas Chilli?

Only seen it on TV, ohhh maaaaaate, that would definitely put you on my friends list !! :D I'd love to try it - is it really hot?

I call it Skeptics Chilli. One spoonful and you'll have Doubts of ever eaten it again. It'll also give you Swamp Gas. :lol:

• Like 3

I call it Skeptics Chilli. One spoonful and you'll have Doubts of ever eaten it again. It'll also give you Swamp Gas. :lol:

The truth tends to go down sourly when magic stories are explained.

Nope, his full of enough swamp gas as it is :-*
  • Like 1

Obviously you don't have a sense a humor. Though we have different views on the subject, we have

a common ground on humor.

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 2

:w00t:

:tu:

LOL, I will DEFINITELY have a large bowlful thanks!!!!!

You know me, cant resist a challenge, ten bucks says I go the second spoonful!!!

And then watch me light that swamp gas with a lighter - I'm a gonna be an Astronaut Ma!!!!

fun2.gif

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Yeah, he is just messin around, Hawkin is alright I find. :D Astra is the one with her knickers in a twist.

Sounds like a good bloke actually, I'd have a beer with him any day I reckon.

As long as one can rebut and discuss, it's all good. Beside, his name is real close to Hawking........ we better keep an eye on this one!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Nope, his full of enough swamp gas as it is :-*

frabz-Why-dont-you-love-me-anymore-Is-it-because-of-the-burgers-i-gave-8d097d.jpeg

• Like 1

I wonder if people will say this guy is full of crap,

I think he did see a UFO and is telling the thruth

• Like 2

Obviously you don't have a sense a humor. Though we have different views on the subject, we have

And I accept you are more than entitled to your views, as I like to say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, nobody is entitled to their own facts.

I actually rather like conversing with you, I think you make for a good conversation. As you say, we do not usually agree, but that's the interesting bit - exchanging thoughts. A civil manner is more valuable than winning a debate in this instance I think. I never expect everyone to agree with me, but I do expect civil discussion, and mate, that's something your not half bad at.

And, I do like your sense of humour, that might be more important than anything here. Your OK by me bud :tu: In fact, I am rather pleased to have made your acquaintance here at UM. Keep asking questions mate, we both learn from that.

• Like 1

LOL he did see a UFO, but it not a UFO any longer, it's an IFO.

Must be the day I am having, you seem to be growing on me too, but as comic relief. I imagine you looking just like you avatar making these funny one liners. Sometimes, they really crack me up, but I do not think that is intentional. I even "liked" one of your posts the other day. After spray painting my screen with coke that is.........

• Like 1

:w00t:

:tu:

LOL, I will DEFINITELY have a large bowlful thanks!!!!!

You know me, cant resist a challenge, ten bucks says I go the second spoonful!!!

And then watch me light that swamp gas with a lighter - I'm a gonna be an Astronaut Ma!!!!

fun2.gif

LOL...gotta give it to you... THAT'S damn funny mate. :w00t:
  • Like 1

Do you really look like your avatar?

• Like 1

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.

Narrator: His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows whereabouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below.

One of my favorite movies of al time was Jeremiah Johnson. Made the Hawken, an obscure but brilliant weapon, part of popular culture

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

LOL...gotta give it to you... THAT'S damn funny mate. :w00t:

I'm not that bad you know, just been looking at this for a very long time, and get a little pedantic where facts are thrown around willy nilly, I really would like to know just what the possibilities actually are.

Psyche

mrbean.jpg

• Like 1

tumblr_mjitxxjpWW1s0qn7xo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Psyche

mrbean.jpg

Only my wife, two kids, and two sisters remembered other than you!!

Cheers mate, made my day :D

BEVERAGE-DRINKS-PHOTOGRAPHY-ZACK-BURRIS-CHICAGO-BEER-MUGS-TOASTING-1.jpg

Look out 50, three more years and your mine......

• Like 1

I'm not that bad you know, just been looking at this for a very long time, and get a little pedantic where facts are thrown around willy nilly, I really would like to know just what the possibilities actually are.

Aww...it's nice to see your soft side Psyche. A Pisces huh?

post-145910-0-61710400-1393999645_thumb.

"Happy Birthday" :)

• Like 2

Aww...it's nice to see your soft side Psyche. A Pisces huh?

post-145910-0-61710400-1393999645_thumb.

"Happy Birthday" :)

Thank you!

LOL, some see me as tough.

I think I am about as tough as a Junket sandwich.

Edited by psyche101

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Maybe he did see a UFO, who knows? The problem is we have to take the guy at his word which may be reliable or may not be. He could have seen a legit UFO or he could have been mistaken in his identification of what he thought was a UFO. Alas, the paradox of most UFO sightings: unless more evidence is corroborating the claims, it is hard to prove or disprove. This seems to be one of the less convincing sightings as far as supposed "insiders" who claim to have seen objects in space. It is just as likely that he saw something and didn't know what it was but assumed it was alien. Which seems to be the popular thing to do these days, if you don't know what it is let's just say it is a UFO from aliens. If more witnesses came forward who were there and verified his claims, it'd be more convincing. Without that, it is just the usual UFO sighting without tangible proof.....

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.

Narrator: His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows whereabouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below.

One of my favorite movies of al time was Jeremiah Johnson. Made the Hawken, an obscure but brilliant weapon, part of popular culture

That'll be far enough pilgrim!

http://youtu.be/FcsXC2xFis4

• Like 2

Skeptics will always be skeptics, even after the rest of the world has moved on.

Skeptics will always be skeptics, even after the rest of the world has moved on.

Well it certainly suggests they had a simulator. I believe it is on display at the Kennedy Space Center.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2