Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astronaut recalls encounter with a UFO

Skeptics will always be skeptics, even after the rest of the world has moved on.

I guess the fact we can today, see the old lunar landers and tracks from the rovers on their drive-abouts also proves we never went there? And the fact we have returned moon rocks and moon dust is just a collection of fake rocks too eh?

• Like 3

Wow ! Now That esplanes it all Lucy ! Good thing the real world reads,writes , learns, Listens to the Truth about our world. Too much Pepsi "Forever Cursed" :tu:

or was it Twang ?

• Like 1

Skeptics will always be skeptics, even after the rest of the world has moved on.

Don't you think the Russians,who tracked the mission themselves,wouldn't have had great pleasure telling the world the USA never went to the Moon?Considering they didn't only go once I think its unlikely the Soviets wouldn't have worked out they were lying.

• Like 3

Aww...it's nice to see your soft side Psyche. A Pisces huh?

Always thought there was something a little fishy about Psyche :D

• Like 3

Look out 50, three more years and your mine......

Sheesh, a young'n! Anyway, hippo birdy two ewes, Psyche. And a whole seabag full more. :-)

• Like 1

I guess the fact we can today, see the old lunar landers and tracks from the rovers on their drive-abouts also proves we never went there? And the fact we have returned moon rocks and moon dust is just a collection of fake rocks too eh?

I hope this does not turn into another "we never went" thread. I am tired of that one - and Roswell.

• Like 5

One of my favorite movies of al time was Jeremiah Johnson. Made the Hawken, an obscure but brilliant weapon, part of popular culture

Fortunately, he didn't do the same for long-pig liver-eatin'.

• Like 2

...Had I only conversed with Jim by word, I would have thought he was an Aussie for sure. :D

Now that's a compliment. Aw shucks.

What I get from conversations here is steering directions on explaining this weird world of spaceflight to intelligent, curious, hi-octane minds. I had a chance to learn it myself through long bouts of boredom and spasms of sheer terror, on the knees of men who as kids had steered spaceships to the moon and back -- but that's a route not available to the general pop. Hence my own need to learn to translate, a process that I have enormous respect for from also having to learn to use a number of different languages [lesson one: there is no such thing as a 'foreign' language] and seeing all the pitfalls face-up and face-down-in-the-mud. This is where I practice, fall, dust off, accept helping hands, and get up to try again. And the tuition is FREE..

• Like 4

Fortunately, he didn't do the same for long-pig liver-eatin'.

Fav quote from THat movie ! " You Skin Grizz Pilgram"

• Like 1

Is that all it takes to convince you man never landed on the moon? A two minute, rather poorly done bit of nonsense? You can read the following article and begin your journey towards joining the real world where people dismiss nonsense such as faked moon landings by applying logic when confronted with an unbelievable story.

http://www.space.com/12835-nasa-apollo-moon-landing-sites-photos-lro.html

• Like 4

[media=]

[/media]

As for the Moon Landings I believe we went to the moon. I don't let Hollywood movies

like Capricorn One influence me. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I hope this does not turn into another "we never went" thread. I am tired of that one - and Roswell.

Craters on the Moon -- are they actually crop circles? What those eggheads at NASA don't want you to know!

• Like 2

Only thing Fishy about our buddy psyche101 is He Loves to throw the Shrimps on the barbie ! :tu:

• Like 1

Only thing Fishy about our buddy psyche101 is He Loves to throw the Shrimps on the barbie ! :tu:

And dips them in vegemite to give it added flavor. :lol:

• Like 1

"Forever Cursed" - this being a discussion forum, and there being existing threads on this topic, why would you post a video without a relevant comment of your own, on a thread about something different?

Are you afraid to debate this? If you are serious, please answer a simple question..

In your own words, what is the best evidence in *your opinion*, that Apollo didn't happen as history records it?

It would probably be best to post it HERE on the thread about that rather silly claim. I just hope you haven't been suckered into any of the long debunked lies that Apollo deniers keep repeating... But even if you do, I'll be happy to go through anything you care to bring up, step by step, in painful detail. Just make sure you bring something at least half-decent, and that it's your best shot. I take it that you are experienced in some related doctrine.. (don't worry, we'll soon find out..)

• Like 2

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Maybe he did see a UFO, who knows? The problem is we have to take the guy at his word which may be reliable or may not be. He could have seen a legit UFO or he could have been mistaken in his identification of what he thought was a UFO. Alas, the paradox of most UFO sightings: unless more evidence is corroborating the claims, it is hard to prove or disprove. This seems to be one of the less convincing sightings as far as supposed "insiders" who claim to have seen objects in space. It is just as likely that he saw something and didn't know what it was but assumed it was alien. Which seems to be the popular thing to do these days, if you don't know what it is let's just say it is a UFO from aliens. If more witnesses came forward who were there and verified his claims, it'd be more convincing. Without that, it is just the usual UFO sighting without tangible proof.....

Well I suppose I can turn to the Wisdom of Randi here.

Not sure if you have seen him expose the matchbox trick? Some fellow claimed he could make a matchbox raise at one and whilst balancing on the back of his hand, just using psychic powers. Apparently, he had a while bunch of scientists baffled. One of them rang Randi and said "Randi, better have your million dollars ready, I think this guy has cracked it!"

Randi came down to the lab, had a loo, and went OK.

He put a matchbox on the back of his hand, and amazingly, he managed to repeat the "magic".

He explained to the "scientists" that what he did was open the matchbox to demonstrate to everyone it was just an ordinary matchbox with ordinary matches in it. When he placed it on the back of his hand is when he closed the matchbox, and as he closed it, he pulled in a small fold of skin. As one opens and closes or tenses ones hand, that skin contracts, causing the matchbox to rise, as if magically.

Understandably, the million dollars stayed with Randi.

You know what Randi said? He said:

I am not saying the paranormal does not exist, and I am not even saying this fellow does not have some sort of power that can lift that matchbox, but seeming as I can do it quite simply, do you not find that a more satisfying and likely answer? You be the judge.

In this instance, I'd say the same thing about Jim's conclusion.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

LOL, Proof we did not go to the moon?

I do believe that you have just well illustrated that without skeptics, the worlds does not move forward but backwards.

Superstition and credulity impoverishes the species as a whole.

Now that's a compliment. Aw shucks.

I assure you, one of the highest my twisted sense of humour can offer! :D

What I get from conversations here is steering directions on explaining this weird world of spaceflight to intelligent, curious, hi-octane minds. I had a chance to learn it myself through long bouts of boredom and spasms of sheer terror, on the knees of men who as kids had steered spaceships to the moon and back -- but that's a route not available to the general pop. Hence my own need to learn to translate, a process that I have enormous respect for from also having to learn to use a number of different languages [lesson one: there is no such thing as a 'foreign' language] and seeing all the pitfalls face-up and face-down-in-the-mud. This is where I practice, fall, dust off, accept helping hands, and get up to try again. And the tuition is FREE..

This is exactly what I mean, steering others, giving us the gift of these insights that only those who were there can know, mate you have to be a top notch more than decent person to care about others to that extent, and in fact, I wish I and more people on this planet could be as benevolent as your good self. I have a high pressure job and sometimes that does get the better of me, and my temper can be short - particularly with Zoser - however had more of us taken the time to say "hello" to some of the lonely people who now travel space with aliens for hot sex tours of the solar system, with reptillian offspring in Reno, according to such sources as Pravda and Vanity Fair, there might not be so many of them.

Your extensive and more than interesting website was a community service alone, this level of personal interaction is above an beyond the call of duty. I take great pride in telling people I have spoken with you when we see you come on the Telly down here, and always mention what a great and sharing personality you are. Every conversation has been an honour for this Aussie amateur astronomer who has dreamed of NASA since childhood Jim.

I really like the "no foreign language" quote, I will certainly be mindful of that.

Sharing your extensive and fascinating experience has brought this down-under sparky closer to NASA and space than I ever hoped to, and learned mire than I ever expected to, each and every read has been both fascinating and informative. I think my first Jim Oberg page was Moon Pigeons. Never looked back.

You are an inspiration Jim. Cheers to you, you have a fan, and friend downunder 24/7 mate. If you ever find yourself down here and stuck for any reason, a very cold beer and a hot meal and a place to stay is always available for you my good man. Thank you for everything.

• Like 4

Sheesh, a young'n! Anyway, hippo birdy two ewes, Psyche. And a whole seabag full more. :-)

Exsqueeze me? Baking Powder...

Ahhh! That is awesome :D I am so going to steal that :D :D :D

Cheers Mate!!

• Like 1

I can only add "What he said" to Psyche's post ... well, except the part about being in Australia. I live in an even stranger country - Hawaii. :D

• Like 1

Craters on the Moon -- are they actually crop circles? What those eggheads at NASA don't want you to know!

:w00t:

tumblr_lft8sjZNSO1qaqsmo.gif

Have you told Laver and Zoser yet?

• Like 1

Most of em land on the barbie too!!! LOL

And dips them in vegemite to give it added flavor. :lol:

Mate, remember this is Australia, you can never be too careful with them drop bears around!!!

Always smear vegemite in your armpits once a day if visiting!

300490_186191541458030_154663137944204_392165_390716456_n.jpeg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Ah, yes. Thylarctos plummetus. Very dangerous creature, indeed. One wiped out an entire party of five that was out to prove Ayers Rock hid an alien installation.

They are related to one variety of jackalope common to the Southwestern US with larger populations in Southeastern Nevada and in Southeastern New Mexico. Those populations are known to be especially vicious and are said to be responsible for missing people in the neighborhoods of Groom Lake, Papoose Lake, Roswell and similar areas. Due to the locations involved, the general belief is that they have been specially bred and trained by the US government as one layer of protection of assorted secret installations beyond the obvious ones. There is no doubt at all that the aforementioned drop bear was the product of similar breeding and training.

• Like 1

..the aforementioned drop bear was the product of similar breeding and training...

The breeding and training took place at Pine Gap, for obvious reasons. Don't ask me how I know.. (taps false nose..)

• Like 1

"Forever Cursed" - this being a discussion forum, and there being existing threads on this topic, why would you post a video without a relevant comment of your own, on a thread about something different?

Are you afraid to debate this? If you are serious, please answer a simple question..

In your own words, what is the best evidence in *your opinion*, that Apollo didn't happen as history records it?

It would probably be best to post it HERE on the thread about that rather silly claim. I just hope you haven't been suckered into any of the long debunked lies that Apollo deniers keep repeating... But even if you do, I'll be happy to go through anything you care to bring up, step by step, in painful detail. Just make sure you bring something at least half-decent, and that it's your best shot. I take it that you are experienced in some related doctrine.. (don't worry, we'll soon find out..)

Skeptics will always be skeptics. (Hence the vid and those who still believe we never walked on the moon.) Was that not clear ? The point being, you can not debate with a skeptic due to their narrow mindedness, It is either their way or it's rubbish. Astronauts claim they have seen things they can not explain, and arm chair skeptics come out of the wood work debunking them with their theories, and rational explanations, all from the comfort of their living rooms. For me I have to go with those who do this stuff for a living, and if they say its something odd, then I have to believe it is. "NOT" to say that these claims should not be looked at and challenged, but I think it should be done with an open mind. Let's be real, we are in space, so why couldn't some one, or something else be as well ?

Edited by Forever Cursed