Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon

markprice

Three known theories on the Moon's origin and formation of Earth's only natural satellite:

1. A "captured" planet by earth's gravity pull.

2. The Moon formed with the earth at the same time.

3. A result of a wandering former planet "Theta" collided with the earth and the moon formed from the collision escaped to eventually orbit around the Earth.

So, there's a fourth theory on the Moon: a massive spaceship of some kind acts as a storage facility for UFOs known to visited the Earth.

If aliens are living on the Moon (just saying an odd possibility), they have to be underground to hide from detection on Earth, and being biological lifeforms, the alien inhabitants must have enough food and water supply, as well oxygen inside the underground lunar bases.

I have a hard time believing in aliens inhabit the Moon, then there's more we don't know on the UFO phenomenon we have to prepare to find out.

Here are the real culprits.

2011_0923_moonrocks.jpg

• Like 1

The giant impact hypothesis is mostly likely correct, as all the evidence supports it, i.e., same orientation in spin, the moons smaller iron core, and identical stable isotopes or rocks on the moon and earth.

It is, however, most certainly not a ufo.

I don't think that should even need to be said....

• Like 6

Here is how it really happened:

• 25 million years ago: Intelligence arises in the Solar System on the planet of Minerva, situated between Mars and Jupiter, in the form of the "Giants".
  • Between 25 million and 4 million years ago: Carbon dioxide levels in the Minervan atmosphere begin to rise. As the Giants and other Minervan life-forms have a low tolerance for carbon dioxide, they send a scientific team to the star Iscaris to perform experiments to aid in their understanding of the situation. However, the experimentation destabilises the star, causing a Nova. The team attempt to flee on their starship Shapieron which is unable to decelerate, forcing them to orbit the Solar System at relativistic velocities, experiencing one year for every million that pass. After the events at Iscaris, the Minervans bring in animals and hominids from Earth in the hope of isolating the gene responsible for carbon dioxide tolerance. However, they fear the effects of using this gene and are forced to flee to the distant planet of Thurien, in orbit around the "Giant's Star". They leave behind relays so that they can continue to observe Minerva and their evacuation is mostly successful, though one of their ships crashes on Ganymede.
  • Approximately 100,000 years ago: hominids left behind on Minerva after genetic experimentation evolve into modern humans.
  • Between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago: An ice age begins on Minerva, threatening to destroy the new human civilization. Humanity begins a space program in an attempt to escape the planet. This leads to conflict and an arms race between the inhabitants of Minerva's two continents, democratic Cerios and autocratic Lambia, over control of the program.
  • 50,020-50,000 years ago: The Jevlenese Imares Broghuilio and his generals appear via a time loop from the future in a fleet of five starships. Cerian president Harzin and Lambian king Perasmon declare the end of the arms race and the demilitarization of the two continents in the interests of the greater good. Prince Freskel-Gar Engred is secretly aided by the Jevlenese in his plan to assassinate Perasmon and Harzin. ascend the throne of Lambia. Under his rule, military development is restarted with contributions from Jevlenese technology. Broghuilio removed Freskel-Gar and installed himself as dictator, renaming himself Zargon. In turn, he too is replaced by Xerasky.
  • 50,000 years ago: After years of hostilities, total nuclear warfare finally breaks out between Cerios and Lambia on Minerva and at the Cerian base on Minerva's moon. The Thuriens intervene but are too late: Minerva is shattered, forming Pluto and the Asteroid belt while its moon is captured by Earth, becoming the planet's familiar satellite. The Cerian survivors ask to be transported down onto Earth but the gravitational stresses of the lunar arrival throws their civilization back to the stone age and, to survive, they are forced to wipe out the native Neanderthals before attempting to rebuild.

• Like 2

There's definitely some sh** on the moon. Just look at Apollo 11 press conference... Aldrin, Armstrong appear as if their entire world collapsed. Who knows what **** they saw there, and weren't allowed to talk. And NASA image tampering is clear as day, Martin Stubbs aka Luna Cognita proved that.

• Like 2

It's neither unidentified or flying.

You could pretty safely consider a satellite floating around the planet to be flying, in contrast to you standing on the soil here staring up at it.

• Like 1

What a crock of S*#%.

1. The Moon’s origin is not a mystery. The giant impact hypothesis is the currently favored scientific hypothesis for the formation of the Moon.

2. It is erroneous to compare the age of Moon rocks to Earth rocks as the oldest rocks on Earth are recycled and destroyed by the process of plate tectonics. Since the Moon does not have this process, rocks found on the Moon would be much older. Furthermore, rocks on the surface of the Moon could quite be the remains of asteroids.

3. If chemical analysis of the Moon’s soil revealed that the lunar soil did not come from the rocks, then it stands to reason that it’s the rocks that are alien to the Moon, not the lunar soil.

4. I simply don’t believe this.

5. Mystifying Maria – the rare metals found need approximately 4,500 degrees Fahrenheit to melt and fuse with surrounding rock. Based on the giant impact hypothesis the surface of the Moon was once molten.

6. The pillar of iron in New Delhi, India is rusting; just at a very slow rate due to an accidental protective film on the pillar created during the forging, based on the materials used (raw slag and unreduced iron), and the weather cycles of its location. I bring this up to discount the information being presented; if your one exception is wrong so is the rule.

7. There is nothing around the Moon to “shield” its surface from harmful radiation resulting from cosmic rays and solar flares. These cosmic rays hit the lunar surface and “bounce” up, it would stand to reason that you would receive higher radiation levels on elevated surfaces (e.g., Apennine Mountains). I would question the education of any scientist that wonders “where…all this hot radioactive material come from” while pondering any celestial body.

8. There could be water ice in the Moon’s craters at the poles. In November 2009 NASA reported that the spectral signature of water was confirmed on the Moon. However, what was actually detected was the chemical group hydroxyl, which is suspected to be from water but could also be inorganic salts containing chemically-bound water molecules. The results of many endeavors to find water on the Moon are inconclusive, however it is a possibility. I do not have a problem with this Moon discovery on the list; it merely needs to be rewritten to be more accurate.

9. This discovery is being exaggerated. The lunar soil is composed of various types of particles, including glasses (e.g., agglutinate particles and volcanic and impact spherules). The agglutinate form at the lunar surface by micrometeorite impacts that cause a small-scale melting which fuses adjacent material together into a glassy shell. The Moon is “paved with glass” as the Earth is “paved with plastic”.

10. The Moon’s magnetism is very strange indeed, as a result of a lot of cosmic bombardment among other things. And one should investigate and study these “other things” to gain a full appreciation of the fact that there many, many extraneous variables at play here. The statement “NASA can not explain…” is simply erroneous.

11. Solved: http://phys.org/news/2013-05-team-moon-mascons-mystery.html

Ugh!

• Like 2

What a crock of S*#%.

1. The Moon’s origin is not a mystery. The giant impact hypothesis is the currently favored scientific hypothesis for the formation of the Moon.

I feel like sentence 2 isn't sufficient to resolve sentence 1. Mysteries aren't solved by favored hypotheses. That's like confirming the origin of the existence of all that is was started by a big bang. It's the favored hypothesis, but you'd better not be so brazen as to stamp either of these with a red MYSTERY SOLVED.

• Like 4

Here is how it really happened:

• 25 million years ago: Intelligence arises in the Solar System on the planet of Minerva, situated between Mars and Jupiter, in the form of the "Giants".
  • Between 25 million and 4 million years ago: Carbon dioxide levels in the Minervan atmosphere begin to rise. As the Giants and other Minervan life-forms have a low tolerance for carbon dioxide, they send a scientific team to the star Iscaris to perform experiments to aid in their understanding of the situation. However, the experimentation destabilises the star, causing a Nova. The team attempt to flee on their starship Shapieron which is unable to decelerate, forcing them to orbit the Solar System at relativistic velocities, experiencing one year for every million that pass. After the events at Iscaris, the Minervans bring in animals and hominids from Earth in the hope of isolating the gene responsible for carbon dioxide tolerance. However, they fear the effects of using this gene and are forced to flee to the distant planet of Thurien, in orbit around the "Giant's Star". They leave behind relays so that they can continue to observe Minerva and their evacuation is mostly successful, though one of their ships crashes on Ganymede.
  • Approximately 100,000 years ago: hominids left behind on Minerva after genetic experimentation evolve into modern humans.
  • Between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago: An ice age begins on Minerva, threatening to destroy the new human civilization. Humanity begins a space program in an attempt to escape the planet. This leads to conflict and an arms race between the inhabitants of Minerva's two continents, democratic Cerios and autocratic Lambia, over control of the program.
  • 50,020-50,000 years ago: The Jevlenese Imares Broghuilio and his generals appear via a time loop from the future in a fleet of five starships. Cerian president Harzin and Lambian king Perasmon declare the end of the arms race and the demilitarization of the two continents in the interests of the greater good. Prince Freskel-Gar Engred is secretly aided by the Jevlenese in his plan to assassinate Perasmon and Harzin. ascend the throne of Lambia. Under his rule, military development is restarted with contributions from Jevlenese technology. Broghuilio removed Freskel-Gar and installed himself as dictator, renaming himself Zargon. In turn, he too is replaced by Xerasky.
  • 50,000 years ago: After years of hostilities, total nuclear warfare finally breaks out between Cerios and Lambia on Minerva and at the Cerian base on Minerva's moon. The Thuriens intervene but are too late: Minerva is shattered, forming Pluto and the Asteroid belt while its moon is captured by Earth, becoming the planet's familiar satellite. The Cerian survivors ask to be transported down onto Earth but the gravitational stresses of the lunar arrival throws their civilization back to the stone age and, to survive, they are forced to wipe out the native Neanderthals before attempting to rebuild.

I love the Giants Triology :)

As per the moon "ringing like a bell":

The only genuine reference from NASA I've come across about it is a description of how moonquakes measured with seismometers during the Apollo missions made the moon "ring like a bell" and the description is clearly artistic license. Reading up on it the analogy is given with a tuning fork - that the moon is regularly undergoing small vibrations due to the ongoing moonquakes it experiences - up to 5.5 on the Richter scale. Because of the lack of water in the moons rocks, the quakes last for longer as the moon is more rigid unlike the earth's crust where water helps damp quakes quicker so that moonquakes can last for much longer than earthquakes.

Unless someone can link a reliable source that indicates that the story in the OP's link is true and meant to be taken literally - the moon made a ringing noise like a bell when a rocket crashed into it - it can be safely dismissed as nonsense. And if they're so easily taken in by these kind of silly unsourced claims, I'm inclined to doubt their capacity for critical thinking in general and thus I suspect a lot of the other claims are similarly exagerrated or taken out of context.

The moon has no atmosphere to transmit noise anyway and how can a rocket crashing into an object that's 2000 miles wide cause it to "ring" for up to four hours?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

It's neither unidentified or flying.

It's definitely an object though. You gotta give him that.
  • Like 3

The moon seems to be the world's largest UFO. What is it and how did it get there:

Eleven Things that NASA Discovered

or could it be just a base for UFOs?:

Finally: proof that there's an Alien invasion base on Moon!

A lot of theories out there...

Ohh, look, you are just being silly now, the moon does not even exist...........................

LINK - THE MOON: A Propaganda Hoax

In 1995, the American Historical Association, in an attempt to stifle revisionist scholarship, marked the 50th anniversary of the defeat of Nazism with a resolution calling on scholars to "initiate plans now to study the significance of the Holocaust." This, however, was not enough of a blow to free academic discourse for the enemies of truth. The president of the AHA, William Leuchtenburg, was asked why the resolution did not go so far as to explicitly recognize the Holocaust as a fact of history. He answered that for a group of historians to say that there had been a Holocaust was tantamount to "an organization of astronomers saying there is a moon."

While, on the surface, this appears as nothing more than a shameless attempt to trivialize and thereby discredit the work of revisionists, it nonetheless got me to thinking: why did this historian single out the moon? Why would a scholar, so familiar with academic standards of evidence, use such language to imply that the existence of the moon, unlike any other issue, was a given and not subject to proof? What, in other words, was he trying to hide?

It was then that I embarked on my research, which has led me to this day when I can confidently make the following assertion: The Moon does not exist. As I realize this revelation may appear shocking to the average reader, allow me to repeat it:

The Moon does not exist!

This is no lie. Until recently, I, too, believed in the traditional, establishment view of the moon. But any thinking person, untainted by the biases imposed on us by the controlled media, will have no choice but to reach the conclusion I did once faced with the facts described in this account.

Contents:

1. 12 Questions and Answers about The Moon

:rofl:

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

Really?

And all this time I thought the Moon was made of cheese.

:alien:

....Alien cheese.

Badaabing!

;)

• Like 1

Do The Chinese rover currently surfacing moon is posting any photos online, same as Nasa does from Mars?

Just curious...

On the other hand, if aliens would truly reside on Mars i am sure a few rockets sent from earth can wipe them out... That of course if has not has not been tried yet when Nasa when they bombarded moon in 2009 Per conspiracists say...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1218768/Revealed-The-flash-saw-Nasas-49million-bomb-crashed-Moon-quest-discover-water.html

Edited by qxcontinuum

You could pretty safely consider a satellite floating around the planet to be flying, in contrast to you standing on the soil here staring up at it.

It's not flying. It's orbiting which is closer to falling than flying.

• Like 1

Do The Chinese rover currently surfacing moon is posting any photos online, same as Nasa does from Mars?

Just curious...

LINK 1

LINK 2

On the other hand, if aliens would truly reside on Mars i am sure a few rockets sent from earth can wipe them out... That of course if has not has not been tried yet when Nasa when they bombarded moon in 2009 Per conspiracists say...

http://www.dailymail...over-water.html

Why wipe them out?

It is not a conspiracy, NASA organised a controlled explosion in the search for water, it's not a secret either.

Some of the ads on Space.com make me sad.

"Full Moon Horoscope"

"Fortune Teller Answers"

"Science Discovers God?" (link to y-jesus.com)

"Einstein was Wrong?" (link to some crank website advertising a book about "spheritons" which cites Zechariah Sitchin)

:(

• Like 2

I don't think it was made from the earth.it was made in the Big Bang

Some of the ads on Space.com make me sad.

"Full Moon Horoscope"

"Fortune Teller Answers"

"Science Discovers God?" (link to y-jesus.com)

"Einstein was Wrong?" (link to some crank website advertising a book about "spheritons" which cites Zechariah Sitchin)

:(

The almighty dollar hey.........

• Like 1

There's definitely some sh** on the moon. Just look at Apollo 11 press conference... Aldrin, Armstrong appear as if their entire world collapsed. Who knows what **** they saw there, and weren't allowed to talk. And NASA image tampering is clear as day, Martin Stubbs aka Luna Cognita proved that.

Yes, I've seen the press conference. They look like either shy people with little media training forced to front a press conference in front of a crowd of hundreds, or people who are in the middle of an emotional downer.

Regarding the second theory, consider that Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins have just completed a mission they've spent over a year training for, and the mission was the most amazing achievement - people walking on the Moon. They're highly competitive men, but they know they'll never get an opportunity like that again. In other words, they're coming to terms with the thought that nothing they do in the rest of their lives is going to compare with what they've just done. Yes, I can see that this would lead to a big emotional let down.

Anyway, if you think that they were always sour-pusses, there's always this photo:

ap11-S69-21365.jpg

And if you can determine the astronauts are hiding something based on their demeanour in the press conference, I'll use this photo to determine they're highly intelligent: They know to laugh at any joke the President tells them.

• Like 3

I feel like sentence 2 isn't sufficient to resolve sentence 1. Mysteries aren't solved by favored hypotheses. That's like confirming the origin of the existence of all that is was started by a big bang. It's the favored hypothesis, but you'd better not be so brazen as to stamp either of these with a red MYSTERY SOLVED.

Perceptivum's answer didn't include MYSTERY SOLVED. He simply stated that scientists have a favoured hypothesis. And please don't criticise him for not explaining why, as Imaginarynumber1 had already listed a few reasons. At a more meta level, the hypothesis explains the evidence far more completely than any other theory, provides testable predictions, and doesn't rely on outrageous coincidences.