Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does God Love Himself Much More Than Us?

The_Spirit_of_Truth

I can see why many would feel so. But to his credit I think the OP assumed those who would respond actually did believe in the premise of a God to begin with.

well that's assumptions for ya.

just as you assumed that i don't believe in god.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

Call it what you will but if you base your faith on the very creation of life on only observable or quantifiable principles then you revere science over all else. Your choice. You are correct - I AM ignorant of much. But just because you have a better grasp of how these systems work does NOT mean you understand what it takes to create them initially.

I have no faith. I have a sense of empathy and a reasoning brain. Science is a method for understanding the Universe, and it doesn't require faith. You don't have to take Maxwell's equations on faith because you're having photons fired at your eyeballs right now because of them.

Realising that you are ignorant is a good thing. I come face to face with my own ignorance on a daily basis. Without that acknowledgement you can't learn. What you can do is assess everything critically, and my assessment is that a divine creator who loves us does not fit in to what we know about the Universe. I can't rule it out but without convincing evidence I can't accept it.

I have to go with what we have, that we're the product of an ancient line of creatures that evolved into a myriad of forms in the struggle of survival. Our ancestors began to walk upright and developed opposable thumbs and brains and here we are. The question for me is what do we do with the cards we are dealt? I say we should act out of love to one another as often as possible, because it is one of the best human traits. There may very well be a loving God, and if evidence of one emerges I will begin to reconsider my position.

i don't think so.. to me , that's like asking if the sky loves one space more than another.. or one cloud more than another.

• Like 1

I think it's obvious that the majority of most claimed gods love themselves more than us. Though they seem to have an almost contradictory fragile ego given their apparent narcissism, they get very upset if you don't love them as much as they love themselves, and threaten violence unless you do.

:clap:

But perhaps it was rather people and not directly God(s) who forced other people to love God(s) so much oppositely they will be punished.

The "god" you refer to might love himself more than anything, but my God (i.e., the one true God, I Am) loves me/us infinitely more than Himself. I know this because: (1) the Bible tells me so and if that's not good enough, (2) He sent His son to die on the cross so we may have everlasting life with Him in heaven. So, if you have a god that loves himself more than you, you're with the wrong "god". Visit a church and talk it over with a Pastor, he'll be able to help you out.

Well, if God loved us more than himself, his love would be more centrifugal than centripetal, which would disturb his perfect personality. He must love himself more than us. And the Bible was at least partly written by people who had a purpose. The truth is somehow different, at least partly.

I got as far as "the need to love someone else is a disorder".

Excuse me, but there was written "It will sound crazily, but to need the love of others is a disorder. It is an illness. It means that

you are not complete, that you are a fragment."

If we were created to glorify this god

We were created to make it possible for him to perfectly regenerate himself within this Ball of his to be allowed to exist young forever.

I have no faith. I have a sense of empathy and a reasoning brain. Science is a method for understanding the Universe, and it doesn't require faith. You don't have to take Maxwell's equations on faith because you're having photons fired at your eyeballs right now because of them.

Photons weren't hitting people's eyeballs before Maxwell's equations existed?

We were created to make it possible for him to perfectly regenerate himself within this Ball of his to be allowed to exist young forever.

Are you referring to Jesus and Yahweh?

More so the Resurrection? I;m not sure whether you're being playful or serious.

To understand my viewpoints better, I recommend to view my e-book "Supergod" (follow the English section of the web site in my signature).

Edited by The_Spirit_of_Truth

Photons weren't hitting people's eyeballs before Maxwell's equations existed?

There certainly weren't machines firing them at their eyeballs. :)

The question is dispensable.

Edited by toast

OK, I wanted to stay away from the internet for a while but I gotta post this.

If I were God, I wouldn't demand love from my creation without constantly walking among them. I won't care if they worship me or not, as long as they treat each other well. I will refrain from using negative reinforcement to educate people. The only kind of suffering my creations have to suffer is the one that makes them stronger without trauma, and that means no one will suffer anymore than they really have to.

And my creations won't get killed for seeing me. I will walk among them, be one of them, live like them, marry at least one of them, and stay with them.

Who says a creator needs to be perfect, without weakness? What if your creator was an emotion, and was a weakness?

All of the mainstream creators are viewed as perfect by their adherents.

The way I see it, if there is a creator then they wouldn't be perfect because I'm not a believer in the supernatural meaning my creator would be natural/normal whatever. So while they'd be all powerful and mind-blowing, they probably would not be perfect as everything is flawed in one way or another. And the thing about flaws, they're only so through the eyes of those who perceive them as such.

i thought we humans were made in God image. If that is the case he must feel all the thing we do. Unlike dogs we arent made to forgive and love unconditionally. Some of us are evil