Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Puten wrong?

buddy rob4

The debate is. Would the USA not put troops in Canada if we sniped our selves. And, and, is Russia the best military to go into Crimea, or should none at all?

We wouldn't put troops in Canada. We would just sit back in utter amazement and say: WTF happened up there?!

We would also say to oursleves: You know, that's us in a few years or so....

As far as Russia and Crimea is concerned, Putin is gonna do what Putin wants to do and could care less what the rest of the world thinks.

• Like 3

So, right mow, you are saying Puten is the wild card?

More input, what do you think about Puten's actions in implementing a military stand off on Crimea soil?

No I think he's a frigin' nutcase, who may even think he's being the savior of the Ukraine right now. But regardless of how I might think of him personally, for all we know...he could actually be doing the right thing. To be honest though, I'm not there. So I don't know who's BS'ing and who's not, maybe both sides in this case.

Edited by Purifier

i understand were Putin is comin from..

• Like 2

I get the feeling that some of the protesters aren't folks I'd invite home for Sunday dinner with my family BUT... if Russia can send in troops to every former soviet republic to "protect" ethnic Russians, then I kind of see a bad pattern emerging. I think he wants to rebuild the mighty USSR - or some facsimile thereof. He said back in '95:that the fall of the Soviet Union “was the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century"

From this article: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7632057/ns/world_news/t/putin-soviet-collapse-genuine-tragedy/#.UxbymfldWSo

• Like 1

All the rubbish in the media about Putin & Russia over the years & I would hate the UK & USA too..

David Cameron is a joke... He's like the school grass, calling names & hiding behind the teacher.. He's got no balls without the backup from America..

Good on Putin for doing what he perceives as right.. I mean, what do any of us know how they live & their values..

Over here we go fishing & put them back, over their they eat them... Different cultures.. SIMPLES!!

Just a thought here... but how can it be known for sure what he perceives as right... he may very well perceive what he is doing is wrong, yet he just does it anyway. That would be my perception on that. Only he knows what his true perceptions are.

• Like 3

Just a thought here... but how can it be known for sure what he perceives as right... he may very well perceive what he is doing is wrong, yet he just does it anyway. That would be my perception on that. Only he knows what his true perceptions are.

Human nature is to rationalize it's decisions - he would have very good reasons in his own mind for his decision, reasons that he believes would hold up in any international court of law even. The ego (pride) operates on the basis that it is right, not wrong.

We all know that harming others is "wrong" but that does not mean we would not harm others if we completely believe that it is the best possible choice available to us at the time and therefore the "right" thing to do to save lives in the long term - whether it be many lives or just our own.

• Like 1

Mmm.

Well maybe in this instance it's just a matter of feeling 'entitled' and therefore it inspires him to focus on what he believes that it is rightfully his (Putin).

But who knows really?

All I know is that I don't want anyone getting trigger happy anytime soon. Especially trigger happy around big red buttons.

• Like 2

America nothin but bullys. If you look at the news from a Ukrainian point of view there is nothin major goin on. Media just blowin it up makin a big issue out of nothin.

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about Putins intentions.

But, I also feel that this should not cause a major conflict between the US and Russia.

• Like 1

I think he is trying to take what was once Russian territory back before they become their own country (which is what they were trying to do before this). That could just be a one sided opinion though, to be honest I haven't really been paying too much attention to all of this. I'm tired of hearing "this country is going into this country, war war war war"

• Like 1

To me, this is the same if Mexico sent in an army into the US to protect all the Mexicans that came across the river into the US.

America nothin but bullys. If you look at the news from a Ukrainian point of view there is nothin major goin on. Media just blowin it up makin a big issue out of nothin.

Just go and say that to fellow forumite Helen of Annoy. She'll set you straight.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats

actually Russia is allowed to have up to 25000 troops on the ground in Crimea.. check your facts ... and yeah America/NATO are just bullies... but now they clash with someone of their size and look how their testicles shrink day by day

• 4 weeks later...

I get the feeling that some of the protesters aren't folks I'd invite home for Sunday dinner with my family BUT... if Russia can send in troops to every former soviet republic to "protect" ethnic Russians, then I kind of see a bad pattern emerging. I think he wants to rebuild the mighty USSR - or some facsimile thereof. He said back in '95:that the fall of the Soviet Union “was the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the century"

From this article: http://www.nbcnews.c...y/#.UxbymfldWSo

Fair anwser I would have to think as well as the above awnsers, as of my Canadian Saskatchewan perspective, far from most perspectives I promise.
  • Like 1

All the rubbish in the media about Putin & Russia over the years & I would hate the UK & USA too..

David Cameron is a joke... He's like the school grass, calling names & hiding behind the teacher.. He's got no balls without the backup from America..

Good on Putin for doing what he perceives as right.. I mean, what do any of us know how they live & their values..

Over here we go fishing & put them back, over their they eat them... Different cultures.. SIMPLES!!

Fish. Is simply my favorite food ever, fishing, one of my favorite times everybody, Last thing I want to do as a Canadian is to through back a perfectly good fish that I can actually eat, are you kidding, I like Ukranian an Russian, love fish taste.

To me, this is the same if Mexico sent in an army into the US to protect all the Mexicans that came across the river into the US.

To me, because I have a better undersanding with Crimea plus Malaysia plus Ukraine and Russia have a bit of a hystory there really. So really, I find that uncomparrable.
  • Like 1

actually Russia is allowed to have up to 25000 troops on the ground in Crimea.. check your facts ... and yeah America/NATO are just bullies... but now they clash with someone of their size and look how their testicles shrink day by day

Really. Because I really have hated the USA as a Canadian more then the countries they attack. So, bring us the facts sir. That can help the ppl understand why and the hystory of huge attachement with that area of the country, basically is like loosing the friend you had that could talk to anyone and you would benefit from himéher.

The outcome so far has been a bit heart warming, most of you ppl``s posts were absolutely close to how I feel about the situation in Russiea and Ukraine. I work with a fellow, his mom lives in the city that hugs the russian border in the north of Ukraine, is it kiéÉ excuse my language or false city names, my keyboard puts this for question marks .ÉÉÉé. I dont kgert it. SUMI' that is the name of the city I just remmember now. He gets the news from his mom. Right now, Do not worry, Right now, things are starting to get better;

The debate is. Would the USA not put troops in Canada if we sniped our selves.

So you're a Canuck, ok. Are you worried about a U.S. invasion or Canucks sniping at themselves? Anyways, there are many things in the realm of probability, a Canadian civil war is not a high one, lol.

It's possible that bloodshed could be spilled over a Québec secession or an Indian uprising. Who knows. You can be absolutely sure though that the Yankees have plans sitting the shelf for any event.

And, and, is Russia the best military to go into Crimea, or should none at all?

I think Putin just won a calculated gamble. He secured the naval base in Sevastopol and the Crimea, and then threatened attacks into the heart of the Ukraine. He will begrudgingly agree to not attack, the Western leaders (John Kerry? ugh!) will look like they saved the day, and Putin will be smiling knowing he got what he wanted all along.

Really. Because I really have hated the USA as a Canadian more then the countries they attack.

You're giving Canadians a bad name, stop it, lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Human nature is to rationalize it's decisions - he would have very good reasons in his own mind for his decision, reasons that he believes would hold up in any international court of law even. The ego (pride) operates on the basis that it is right, not wrong.

We all know that harming others is "wrong" but that does not mean we would not harm others if we completely believe that it is the best possible choice available to us at the time and therefore the "right" thing to do to save lives in the long term - whether it be many lives or just our own.

It wont let me like this, damnit, turns out another night probably over a month ago I had already liked it.
  • Like 1

You're giving Canadians a bad name, stop it, lol.

good point, cheap drugs i tell ya, 6.1 percent beer I blame that comment on. I am seriouse, I do not agree with that statement completely but of coarse , I do have a memory and 2 plus 3 equals 1. lol, its a joke, sarcasm. It' used to be and probly still America 10 and Syria -10. The joke. Sarcasm, the respect lacking, no here of. Sickening ofcoarse, Mulah Glutent mutants. Pro cruissaders of regulated expasion, fake masters, rediculed by constant failure but, no no, there ok, so is Canada. the compitition has well begun and we as workers are screwed in the tornado of it all and ending up intentionally being created as true losers, or again, slaves.