Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll - what is "poltergeist" activity

SpiritWriter

Is "poltergeist" activity caused by ghosts or telekinesis?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is "poltergeist" activity caused by ghosts or telekinesis? Choose the best answer:

• poltergeist activity is caused by unseen spirits
    • poltergeist activity is caused by inadvertent telekineses
    • poltergeist activity can sometimes be done by spirits and other times by telekineses

What makes you think what you do about poltergeist activity?

Depending on your answer, please explain.

Edited by SpiritWriter

If you were an invisible being/entity would you spend your time slamming doors, rearranging furnature or chucking random objects around the house?

Seems like a waste of energy to me.

Misguided PK energy actually. ;)

• Like 2

Are those the only possibilities in your opinion? One of the things about polls is that you really need to cover all the options...

Hence, no vote.

agreed
  • Like 5

Are those the only possibilities in your opinion? One of the things about polls is that you really need to cover all the options...

Hence, no vote.

agreed

those were the only two I could think of and I didn't want to spend time on people thinking it didn't exist at all

• Like 1

I didn't vote either because an acceptable option was not available to me.

• Like 5

those were the only two I could think of and I didn't want to spend time on people thinking it didn't exist at all

So you refuse to accept the idea that at least some, (if not all) instances of "poltergeists" are hoaxes?

Edited by beelzebufo
  • Like 1

So you refuse to accept the idea that at least some, (if not all) instances of "poltergeists" are hoaxes?

I do refuse to accept that ALL are hoaxes and I am only speaking of authentic instances.

If you were an invisible being/entity would you spend your time slamming doors, rearranging furnature or chucking random objects around the house?

Seems like a waste of energy to me.

Misguided PK energy actually. ;)

I might if I was trying to get someones attention. I wouldn't say its a waste of energy but an effective way of at least some sort of communication.

I voted dear

I voted dear

• Like 1

I might if I was trying to get someones attention. I wouldn't say its a waste of energy but an effective way of at least some sort of communication.

Why not scrawl a message in the bathroom mirror?

Like hey, clean your mirror.

• Like 1

No logical options...no vote, sorry.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Poltergeist from Old German--poltern-- to knock, geist--ghost or spirit.Things that go bump in the night, or, apparently, inexplicable occurrences involving noise or the movement of objects in a household that don't lend themselves, readily, to a rational explanation.

I decided to go with the notion of let's assume poltergeists are real since that seems to be within the spirit of the poll :)

I voted that a poltergeist is an unseen spirit. It literally means noisy ghost. As in a dead person making noise. Telekinesis is a totally different thing. It's moving things with a living mind.

Now, sometimes poltergeists are attributed with the ability to move things as well as make noise. But I'm pretty sure that telekinesis is not noted to make noise, I think that "mental power" is called something else.

• Like 3

Hence, no vote.

Same here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I chose the first, but really, the word 'spirits' is showing a portrait painted by past superstitions and lore.

I think 'unseen spirits' should be more like 'unexplained forces' or even 'unexplained aspects of being/reality'.

I always gravitated toward the more "scientific" angle of the paranormal, reading books by some members of the original Society for Psychical Research and investigators like William G. Roll, etc. who do most predominantly theorize that poltergeists are caused by errant telekinetic manifestations, or Recurrent Spontaneous PsychoKinesis (RSPK), though even Roll did not dismiss ALL poltergeist acitivty as ONLY psychic, and seemed to at least entertain the idea that there could be other explanations, possibly even spirits. I have not read or seen any compelling evidence of "spirits" so I do not follow this line of reasoning, so while there may be other reasons for poltergeists (if they exist), I don't believe any of the explanations can be "spirits" (as far as things stand now).

anybody care to debunk this guy? https://www.youtube....STHUNTER/videos

i haven't seen a de-bunker touch him for 4 years. hes been uploading videos along time now.

https://www.facebook.com/Nqghosthunter-Debunked-145263325555934/