Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can animals be possessed by demonic forces?

To even buy into the premise of the question, one has to show that demons, souls, and possession exists.

Nobody has ever been able to do that.

Well said!

Hello, welcome to the forums.

I personally do believe in the stories of the Holy Bible therefore, I do believe that demons are capable of possessing animals as they do humans. I only recall one incident where animals are taken over, I think it was pigs? Not 100% sure.

Well anyway, I have personally experienced some strange things. Mostly during sleep paralysis. There was one incident this year, in which I awoke/while paralyzed, to a being either sucking my breathe out, or doing God knows what! It was the strangest (and frightening) thing. And then one time before, years back, I had a terrible dream. It was the closest I can compare to a possession attempt personally. I'm not saying it's a fact, I'm just saying that it scared me and it felt like something like that was about to happen.

The dream started with me on a sidewalk looking out into a city of bright lights to my right. On my left side was a withered tree with many branches. The tree had no leaves at all, but it did have about 4 strange black orbs. Then a stern voice asked me if I wanted them. The orbs started rotating and gold shiny letter came out that would spell, fame, money etc... (sounds dramatic, but hey, it was a dream!) and it asked me, "Do you want these things?" I responded yes, and it said to me, "Then you must let me do whatever I need to do yes?" And I shrugged my shoulders and said, yes. Suddenly this black unformed matter rushed into my mouth and down my throat. It felt like I was physically fighting off something from invading my body, in an internal sort of way. A minute or so later, someone woke me as I was apparently choking while I slept. It felt horrible and almost scared to death.

I've seen movies and videos online. I don't know if they're genuine, but they're scary nonetheless. That is one thing I don't ever want to deal with and hope I never do.

The bible lists an instance in which animals were used to house Demons. But can they themselves do so ? The question that enters my mind is why would they ? There would be no profit to my line of thinking.

When Jesus asked "Who are you?", he was not speaking to the man but to the demons which possessed him. Through the man they replied," I am Legion (meaning 'many'), for we are many." The evil spirits leaving the man went into a herd of pigs which in turn went wild, plunging themselves into the Sea of Galilee and drowning there.

Chimpanzees can.....

• Like 2

My cat was either possessed or had a dopelganger during a time my house was haunted. On three occasions it defied all natural possibilities. Twice it had a body double and once it lept an unnatural distance, landed on my arm with claws out and scratched me down my arm. That instance, although it seemed extraordinarily odd I would have left out of any explaination had it existed on its own but it didn't. There are other factors so I thats why I feel condident in including it.

So I like my cat don't get me wrong but it was either posessed or had a doppelganger, maybe even both.

I see bashing as ridicule, or scrutiny.

I see thumping as praise, or pointing out authoritive attributes.

I guess you mean thumping because I do not see people knocking on doors to talk about how the Bible sucks, and false.

Bible thumper = bible basher

Someone who preaches about the Bible in a very enthusiastic way, sometimes literally bashing or thumping it in their hands in order to emphasize their point.

• Like 2

Bible thumper = bible basher

Someone who preaches about the Bible in a very enthusiastic way, sometimes literally bashing or thumping it in their hands in order to emphasize their point.

05_GANTRY.jpg

• Like 2

I can imagine the image below "if" this was true (but it's not)

box-cat-wants-your-soul-for-eternity_o_1901155.jpg

• Like 4

When I was a kid a cat scratched my hand when I tried to pet it.Turns out it was more feral than demon.

• Like 1

The human mind is capable of monstrosities and massive acts of kindness and giving,

It is capable of inventions beond our technology, it is capable of great good a d great evil, it can see and experience things that dont exist! It can mask reality in our own illusion, our mind is most powerful thing on planet earth! It can build wonders or destroy continents! It can let us experience euphoria or it can plunge us into depression!

So there for it is more than capable of creating the illusion of possession!

The human mind is capable of monstrosities and massive acts of kindness and giving,

It is capable of inventions beond our technology, it is capable of great good a d great evil, it can see and experience things that dont exist! It can mask reality in our own illusion, our mind is most powerful thing on planet earth! It can build wonders or destroy continents! It can let us experience euphoria or it can plunge us into depression!

So there for it is more than capable of creating the illusion of possession!

You are talking about psychology and yes the human mind can turn off things but nothing paranormal can control our minds.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Well its factual in the sense we know everything I wrote in that statement is true! Exept my own opinion about it being able to create the illusion of possession

I watched a show about exorcisms and the Church, and this one exorcist being interviewed said that he receives 35 calls a week from people who want exorcisms, and yet it all the years he has done this he has only preformed 2. He said actual Demon possession is very rare, and that most of these calls are from those who only think they are possessed. So I can see where ones mind could be their own worst enemy.

• Like 2

Hollywood has promoted the foaming-at-the-mouth, pea-soup-vomiting demon-possession scenario.

I believe evil is generally more subtle in its manifestations. I've encountered several people in my lifetime that exude evil almost like an aura. One in particular was a violent career criminal who worked out in the same gym where I did. It's hard to put into words, but when he was around there was always an ominous, dark presence of evil in the room, a feeling that he could explode into violence at any moment.

I don't know that he was demon-possessed, but he certainly embraced evil as his chosen way of life. It seemed as though evil oozed from his pores.

• Like 1

Yes, no ??? Anybody agree or disagree? ?

Well I dont say something is inpossible based on whether it's been proven in a modern science community or not, I trust myself and keep revising my position based on how I see them in the light of all that's been said.

And I believe humans and animals have basically equal through probably different standing in this soul question. It might not be as easy for human soul to leap to worm than a dog body in next life.

So I'd say that you'd have to think about the animal in question. I'd say most likely if there's demons and they can possess us. I'd wager all animals from mice to larger and sentient enough, probably smaller too, could be possessed by some form of demon or spirit if they do that kinda thing. But the demons would probably get the most kicks out of possessing a human, more stuff to do when you're a human.

You should look for unexplained animal behavior, or what seems to be explained but could seem demonic. Because during my astrology studies I've strongly noticed that there can be both a physical and a more mental explanation for the same thing. I'd expect scientists to discover a physical explanation to everything, but I'd find it shortsighted to dismiss other explanations just because there's one discovered. The mental or "less physical" or whatever you call it, is I think something which reflects to the physical and to which physical reflects. Psychology and especially psychopharmacy are based on this.

Well;I assume that they can do it,but can't feature what benefit they might get from it.Animal's if they have some sort of soul aren't like us.

Why,because God made humanity in his image and two,Jesus came down from Heaven and died on the cross and was resurrected and he gave His life so that we might have eternal life. Jesus didn't die to save animals but humanity.would think there would be more pleasure taking over a human and thumbing their nose at God than hiding out in an animal.

I'll tell you one thing IF animals can indeed be possessed then my in laws cat is for sure. I never seen such an evil critter.

Animals get angry just like people get angry, except often more so and for no apparent cause since we can't actually talk to them and ask them what's wrong. I've yet to see a reliable case study of demonic possession that defied science. If you know of one please, share.

Well;I assume that they can do it,but can't feature what benefit they might get from it.Animal's if they have some sort of soul aren't like us.

Why,because God made humanity in his image and two,Jesus came down from Heaven and died on the cross and was resurrected and he gave His life so that we might have eternal life. Jesus didn't die to save animals but humanity.would think there would be more pleasure taking over a human and thumbing their nose at God than hiding out in an animal.

Can a cat be injected with the Holy Spirit?

• Like 1

Animals get angry just like people get angry, except often more so and for no apparent cause since we can't actually talk to them and ask them what's wrong.

Well we've learned to distinquish what a lot of different animal behaviors signify, in general, and a good percentage of humans can naturally have understandings with animals to some extent. I dont know how many though since more and more people tend to be urban these days. Everybody can tell when a dog is angry and wants to take a bite off your shank for example, but telling some other things can be harder.

It should first be studied under which conditions (psychological and other mental) humans tend to befall under demonic possession, or what could be demonic possession, because you'd expect it'd be easier to determine the background factors of human cases than going first for the animal cases' background factors.

I had a cat once that hated bibles. She was sweet, but loved to use the pages of bibles as her scratching posts. Doubt she was possessed though.

Edited by eaglesareskykittens
  • Like 2