Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU ready to provide 11 billion euros

questionmark

(Reuters) - The European Union is ready to provide 11 billion euros ($15 billion) of financial support to Ukraine over the next couple of years via a series of loans and grants, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said on Wednesday.

The assistance would be delivered in coordination with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank, and is in part contingent on Ukraine signing a deal with the International Monetary Fund.

"The package combined could bring an overall support of at least 11 billion euros over the next couple of years, from the EU budget and EU-based international financial institutions," Barroso told a news conference.

read more

I can't help thinking that had this offer been made a year ago things would not be where they are now -

I can't help thinking that had this offer been made a year ago things would not be where they are now -

nope, Vlad the (would like to be) impaler would have annexed the Crimean peninsula a year ago...

The opening line was misspelled. Allow me:

The European Union is ready to provide 11 billion euros ($15 billion) of taxpayers funds to Ukraine over the next couple of years via a series of bribes and payoffs.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

The opening line was misspelled. Allow me:

The European Union is ready to provide 11 billion euros ($15 billion) of taxpayers funds to Ukraine over the next couple of years via a series of bribes and payoffs.

something which they have been doing via the EU's Neighbourhood policy for years. which as lead directly to the Ukrainian situation. a foriegn ambition by them in the Upper Echelons of the EU - eventually bringing Ukraine into the EU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Neighbourhood_Policy

Its also interesting the way in which the EU has found $15 Billion, :w00t:

I remember the time, when my country started getting money... Today i remember that i had hope, dreams of my country becoming good for all the people here. For tommorow, i guess, no, actually i know that my grand children will have to pay the debts that my grouvernment has made to international banks. Only God knows how and when will this lands be good for raising kids and having a happy home, even just close to the home that i remember i had, sometimes before 1990s.

Ordinary people will loose their freedom, it doesnt matter if there will be more EU or Russia influence because a lion surely isnt even aware that them ants exist at all.

• Like 1

I remember the time, when my country started getting money... Today i remember that i had hope, dreams of my country becoming good for all the people here. For tommorow, i guess, no, actually i know that my grand children will have to pay the debts that my grouvernment has made to international banks. Only God knows how and when will this lands be good for raising kids and having a happy home, even just close to the home that i remember i had, sometimes before 1990s.

Ordinary people will loose their freedom, it doesnt matter if there will be more EU or Russia influence because a lion surely isnt even aware that them ants exist at all.

Your happy home before 1990s was prison with Serbian guards. Maybe you were happy, but I had to pay for that.

When greater Serbian terror under Milosevich crossed the last line of bearable, when plundering and discrimination wasn't enough anymore and when chetniks started murdering people, we rose against it.

We will do it again if needed be.

It was the same type of uprising that Yanukovich faced, from the same reasons.

NATO and EU guarantee us relative safety from brotherly love that would so love to smother us again.

Your Bosnia crashed economically and her sovereignty is in danger, but that's not the fault of EU. That's the fault of greater Serbs who wanted absolute control of ex-Yugoslavia but were so monumentally incompetent at both war and diplomacy they managed to lose even territories they could keep.

In case you didn't notice, tsar Putin used Kosovo as an example for possible separation of Crimea, so you're sucking up to Russians in vain. They don't care for you.

something which they have been doing via the EU's Neighbourhood policy for years. which as lead directly to the Ukrainian situation. a foriegn ambition by them in the Upper Echelons of the EU - eventually bringing Ukraine into the EU.

http://en.wikipedia....bourhood_Policy

Its also interesting the way in which the EU has found $15 Billion, :w00t:

This has nothing to do with the Neighbourhood Policy (NP), nor did the NP lead to the Ukraine being [effectively] invaded by Russia. Do not take your eye off the ball and forget that the Ukraine was being led by a despot (Yanukovich) whose reign would probably have led to increasing acts of violence against the people he was elected to represent. The murdering had already begun in Maidan Square, and if not for the Army refusing to acknowledge his leadership could have turned into a bloodbath.

He was elected on bringing Ukraine into closer EU co-operation, NOT closer Russia co-operation.

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

This has nothing to do with the Neighbourhood Policy (NP), nor did the NP lead to the Ukraine being [effectively] invaded by Russia. Do not take your eye off the ball and forget that the Ukraine was being led by a despot (Yanukovich) whose reign would probably have led to increasing acts of violence against the people he was elected to represent. The murdering had already begun in Maidan Square, and if not for the Army refusing to acknowledge his leadership could have turned into a bloodbath.

He was elected on bringing Ukraine into closer EU co-operation, NOT closer Russia co-operation.

My point about the EU Neighbourhood policy is the convenient way in which it can be used to spread the EU's sphere of influence. like we seen with Ukraine, As for Yanukovich himself, he was still receiving the backing of the EU, he was seen as the chosen one, the one who we the EU could do business with, up until he decided to change tack and chose Russia, but even beyond that, the EU was still saying even when the protest were on going, Yanukovich should remain in place until the elections.

It seems now anyway Russia will have Crimea, and the Ukraine might possibly be left to join the EU in the end.

So lets get this straight Keith... according to you, the despot, Yanukovich, who was "supposed" to bring Ukraine into closer contact with the West and away from Russia was OK until he "jumped" ship and his reign of violence and murder would have been tolerated for the greater good of the West but since he "betrayed" his people by shifting towards Russia he had to be forcibly removed to end his reign of terror... is that what you said cause it doesn't sound logical, consistent or democratic to me?

Edited by Harry_Dresden

So lets get this straight Keith... according to you, the despot, Yanukovich, who was "supposed" to bring Ukraine into closer contact with the West and away from Russia was OK until he "jumped" ship and his reign of violence and murder would have been tolerated for the greater good of the West but since he "betrayed" his people by shifting towards Russia he had to be forcibly removed to end his reign of terror... is that what you said cause it doesn't sound logical, consistent or democratic to me?

You appear not to have understood my post at all... He was voted in on a platform of closer ties and an Association Pact with the EU. He unilaterally scrapped that and without the consent of the electorate tried to force them into a closer Union with Russia. When people, rightfully, came onto the street to protest this abrogation of duty he responded in the latter days with the murder of protesters in Maidan Square

When he ran away to Russia (no forced removal) he must have realised that this would bring impeachment, and disclosure of the huge corruption that his regime masterminded.

I hope that clarifies my post for you.

• Like 2