Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran Hasn't attacked anyone in 200 years

and-then

I have such ideas about ANYONE who hangs 198 in 10 weeks due to their politics or sexuality.

You are the kind of people to interfere in everything. Part of some nation's culture includes to cut of an arm for steall, or hang for rape or drug possession. However radical it may seem, it is their ways (shariah law for example). Didn't no one teach you to live and let live, and to respect other people tradition or beliefs? You have no culture of your own in the US so you need to interfere everywhere

.... the reality of what they are to attack me...

No one attacked you or America, stop fantasizing

Edited by SolarPlexus
  • Like 1

You are the kind of people to interfere in everything. Part of some nation's culture includes to cut of an arm for steall, or hang for rape or drug possession. However radical it may seem, it is their ways (shariah law for example). Didn't no one teach you to live and let live, and to respect other people tradition or beliefs? You have no culture of your own in the US so you need to interfere everywhere

No one attacked you or America, stop fantasizing

Nice try. I said nothing about America being attacked and you most certainly DID attack me on a personal level - work on your English a bit.
  • Like 1

Try what? Youre funny

and then sorry but you are full of feces ...you seem to have some heavy prejudicial ideas about people in turbans, don't know why is that. And the Israel you worship is 10x more genocidal in Gaza than Iran who is just defensive

They are defending themselves by slaughtering their own citizens for political and sexual preference issues?

So now we're going back to the humanitarian argument for waging War on them? "They're massacring they're own people!!" Don't you think military intervention would be likely to exacerbate that rather?

They are defending themselves by slaughtering their own citizens for political and sexual preference issues?

Its how their society works. First rule is don't interfere in what you don't understand. But youre too arrogant and think that your view of society is the only one

Slaughter 100,000's of Iraq' will not save a few hundred victims of Sharia Law.

Br Cornelius

He is too limited to understand. And btw 10-year long sanctions on Iraq have left 1.000.000 casualties in children alone due to malnutrition (unicef). On which Madeleine Albright responded "It was worth it"

Picking jaw up off floor. The survival of our Constitutional Republic (i.e. not a Democracy) hinges on what they intended.

No, it doesn't. This belief in the inerrancy of antiquity is essentially religious thinking.

The survival of America (including the American concept/version of 'Constitutional Republic') depends on it's ability to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing world it inhabits, not upon a fixed-view perspective based on a world long passed.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

So now we're going back to the humanitarian argument for waging War on them? "They're massacring they're own people!!" Don't you think military intervention would be likely to exacerbate that rather?

You really are a one trick pony. I was answering another point - I didn't say anything about attacking anyone.

Slaughter 100,000's of Iraq' will not save a few hundred victims of Sharia Law.

Br Cornelius

You realize that you just accepted the murder of homosexuals for no other crime than being homosexual, right? This always gets back to the faults of America - no matter what Iran may do that would be considered abhorrent anywhere else in the world. You find no injustice in that view?

No, it doesn't. This belief in the inerrancy of antiquity is essentially religious thinking.

The survival of America (including the American concept/version of 'Constitutional Republic') depends on it's ability to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing world it inhabits, not upon a fixed-view perspective based on a world long passed.

The founders never considered themselves inerrant - far from it. But they built a system that made change difficult for a specific reason. The idea was to make the people responsible for taking part in the process and by doing so make the direction of the nation come from a consensus. These days we have a president who simply ignores the document and a legislature too cowardly of losing power and prestige to fight him. Those founder's perspectives were sound - much better than the men of this day. It is a testament to that soundness that America stood for as long as it has in spite of the weakness of later generations.

You really are a one trick pony. I was answering another point - I didn't say anything about attacking anyone. You realize that you just accepted the murder of homosexuals for no other crime than being homosexual, right? This always gets back to the faults of America - no matter what Iran may do that would be considered abhorrent anywhere else in the world. You find no injustice in that view?

You're arguing that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime, so are you or are you not arguing that something should or shouldn't be done about it? Or are you just saying that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime, so the world should be afraid of them? If the latter is the case, would you or would you not advocate doing something about it? You always complain that I'm twisting your words and saying things you didn't mean, so now you can clarify exactly why you've now gone on to arguing that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime. Are you arguing that something should be done about them or not?

• Like 1

y

You really are a one trick pony. I was answering another point - I didn't say anything about attacking anyone. You realize that you just accepted the murder of homosexuals for no other crime than being homosexual, right? This always gets back to the faults of America - no matter what Iran may do that would be considered abhorrent anywhere else in the world. You find no injustice in that view?

You do realize that the very same thing is enshrined within your religion. My position is that liberalism evolves from barbarism and that is the way to overcome these abominations - not by slaughtering the culture.

Br Cornelius

And why is it our job to police the world?
  • Like 1

you know, it wasn't long ago that U.S. citizens were killed in their own streets for asking for simple freedoms.. (Civil Rights Era) and "Religious" zealots hung people on trees for being the wrong color. We're all capable of barbarism on occasion?

(not pickin on you and then, or the U.S... just occured to me while ii read your post #147... and it's something we should all remember)

Edited by lightly

y

You do realize that the very same thing is enshrined within your religion.

Br Cornelius

Could you point out the bit in the bible that cites Jesus' opinion on homosexuality ?

Could you name any "Christian" country where anyone has been executed (by the Judicial system) for homosexuality in the last 50 years ?

Did you know that Iran has executed MORE people for homosexuality (by a factor of THREE) since 1979 than the USA has executed ALL categories of death row prisoners over the same period ? (roughly 4000 people in Iran, vs. 1350 in the USA).

You're arguing that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime, so are you or are you not arguing that something should or shouldn't be done about it? Or are you just saying that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime, so the world should be afraid of them? If the latter is the case, would you or would you not advocate doing something about it? You always complain that I'm twisting your words and saying things you didn't mean, so now you can clarify exactly why you've now gone on to arguing that Iran is an evil and abhorrent regime. Are you arguing that something should be done about them or not?

I was answering post #157:

Posted Today, 06:05 AM

snapback.pngand then, on 14 March 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Its how their society works. First rule is don't interfere in what you don't understand. But youre too arrogant and think that your view of society is the only one

You have turned it around as usual to make an argument of it. Usually by broad generalizations which I try to answer that you then pick apart. You are not interested in dialogue- rather you are interested in arguing and scoring points like it's some game. In my opinion both you and brutha are condoning the murder of homosexuals. And for brutha's point about my religion - hate it all you like, ferret out it's inconsistencies and paint me with whatever you choose to - you STILL seem to be condoning the murder of innocents.

SP is actually excusing this behavior as a nod to cultural sensitivity. Seems you guys are also.

Could you point out the bit in the bible that cites Jesus' opinion on homosexuality ?

Could you name any "Christian" country where anyone has been executed (by the Judicial system) for homosexuality in the last 50 years ?

Did you know that Iran has executed MORE people for homosexuality (by a factor of THREE) since 1979 than the USA has executed ALL categories of death row prisoners over the same period ? (roughly 4000 people in Iran, vs. 1350 in the USA).

I admit that much of the middle east is about a hundred years behind the times on these things, but the Christians were doing exactly the same thing until very recently. Secularism helped them evolve out of these nasty habits and it will do the same to the middle east. Bombing them will only set beck the process. It was the meddling in the middle east which helped to cement the theocracy in Iran and meddling some more will cement it even more.

Br Cornelius

I admit that much of the middle east is about a hundred years behind the times on these things, but the Christians were doing exactly the same thing until very recently. Secularism helped them evolve out of these nasty habits and it will do the same to the middle east. Bombing them will only set beck the process. It was the meddling in the middle east which helped to cement the theocracy in Iran and meddling some more will cement it even more.

Br Cornelius

The last person executed for homosexuality (strictly speaking, for sodomy) in the UK was in 1835, so that would make "The Middle East" closer to 175 years behind the times, and accelerating. (Not that we should be TOO smug, mind you. It was still illegal as recently as 1967 in England - and 1980 in Scotland).

Actually, we shouldn't tar the whole of the middle east with the same brush. No ALL countries in the Middle East have the death penalty for homosexuality. There is ONE - count it... ONE - nation in the Middle-East that doesn't even criminalise homosexuality, let alone execute people for it.

I wonder what that country - that beacon of praiseworthy advanced social morality - could be ?

Care to name it for us Br Cornelius ?

Edited by RoofGardener

A predominantly Christian country in Africa just declared Homosexuality illegal with the penalty of life imprisonment, so progress can slip - even in Christian counties.

However it will rarely get to court since extra judical murder for homosexuality is still quite common in Africa. If we don't go back to far a highly progressive country in Europe was sending homosexuals to concentration camps- I understand that wasn't for educational reasons.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

That is sad to hear Br Cornelius - we can only hope they will have a change of heart.

Meanwhile... how about that mysterious middle-eastern country ?

• Like 1

This would pertain to a government exicution. How many gays are killed for just being gay in general.

This would pertain to a government exicution. How many gays are killed for just being gay in general.

To which I can only answer.... ONE would be one too many. Sadly, I fear it is many many more.

That is sad to hear Br Cornelius - we can only hope they will have a change of heart.

Meanwhile... how about that mysterious middle-eastern country ?

The point of this is that AND THEN and yourself would attempt to justify an attack on Iran for what was common place in Europe and America until little more than a few decades ago. Now that really is a tragic perversion of morality.

Br Cornelius

The point of this is that AND THEN and yourself would attempt to justify an attack on Iran for what was common place in Europe and America until little more than a few decades ago. Now that really is a tragic perversion of morality.

Br Cornelius

I think that is a mis-representation of AND THEN's opinion. It is most CERTAINLY a mis-representation of MY opinion. I think Iran should be attacked for trying to produce nuclear weapons, NOT because of the morality of its legal system. (and even THEN, any attack should be limited to its nuclear production facilities, in as far as that is feasible)

So, are you going to name this mysterious Middle Eastern nation that is a paragon of judicial and social virtue, or continue to evade the point ?

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1