Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holy Face appears on a paper towel

Brian Topp

Stuart Fretwell a victim of the storms and gales was overcome when he came face to face with the ‘Rolly-Ghost’. Whilst mopping up a roof leak with a roll of paper towels he was shocked as he tore open a fresh roll to be confronted with a Jesus like face on the first sheet.

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2014-03-05/holy-face-appears-on-paper-towel/

• Like 2

First off, who decided that it was a "holy" face? While it does have the appearance of a face, to me it looks like that robot from the movie "I Robot".

Furthermore why are things like this even being given attention at all? I guess it could be worse and it could be a piece of used kleenex.

• Like 4

I was looking at this yesterday. That 'face' is too well constructed to have appeared by itself, was my first thought, it's an iffy story all round.

• Like 6

I have seen this after going number 2...I new I should have taken a pic.

• Like 5

That wouldn't happen with a roll of good old Izal toilet paper, I agree with Still Waters.

• Like 1

I think some have missed the real story here......problem with the insurance ....in other words, not covered, how else to make some money? I know go to papers with bog roll / jesus story.......works all the time, the papers always seem to fall for it.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

First off, who decided that it was a "holy" face? While it does have the appearance of a face, to me it looks like that robot from the movie "I Robot".

Agreed.

• Like 1

Doesn't really look all that Jesus-y to me.

• Like 3

I think why not? Stranger things have happened look at the shroud of turin.

Edited by taniwha

I have notice that sometimes the first sheet is wrinkled on paper towel rolls, especially the cheap brands. I think in this case someone saw a bit of a face on a sheet and then pinched and folded it a little more to really make it stand out.

• Like 1

I have notice that sometimes the first sheet is wrinkled on paper towel rolls, especially the cheap brands. I think in this case someone saw a bit of a face on a sheet and then pinched and folded it a little more to really make it stand out.

I never took much notice of the sheets before, I feel gutted now, jebus knows how many faces I have missed.

I could have had Elvis, Lord Lucan or even........Mary herself. I need to be more aware next time i am dumping.

• Like 1

Jesus must have shaved that day for some reason. :innocent: I'm very skeptical of this one.

Doesn't even look like Jesus.

• Like 2

It looks like Rosie from the old bounty paper towl commercials .for you younger people Rosie was the pitch women she works in a diner and when coffee spilled she said blu try the quicker picker upper. These commercials are on you tube great stuff from the 70s

• Like 1

Because God/Jesus knows the sure-fire way to get our attention, and show they're here with us, is to make a fuzzy/crinkly mark on a paper towel. :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Furthermore why are things like this even being given attention at all? I guess it could be worse and it could be a piece of used kleenex.

Slow news day comes to mind.

(Haha, used kleenex, holy face. Ewww.)