Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little Ghost Girl

lovelyevie

The first photo is the original print taken with my 35mm Mimaya camera. I will try to upload an enhanced one soon, I've been trying to upload one but it won't let me. Look on the right side of the photo, there is a girl dressed in a black and white dress. Feel free to save the photo and enhance it yourself, and if you can, upload it to this post. In the meantime, here is link to the photo that has been edited that I posted on my Tumblr. Hopefully I can get the picture on here.

http://lostkidsphotography.tumblr.com/tagged/ghost

This picture was taken of me in my friends backyard. Both she and I have had many spooky experiences at that house. Neither of us will go there anymore. But on several occasions, we would hear a young girl laughing, and a few times we both saw a girl's face in reflections of pictures frames, which of course could have been a trick of the light. At least, I'd always thought. Then I got this roll developed.

If people are skeptical of this photo, I will video myself scanning and uploading the negative print.

post-146553-0-40865400-1394081763_thumb.

Edited by lovelyevie
  • Like 1

Im dreadfully sorry but im struggling to make out what it is you are suggesting, would it be possible to post another picture with the supposed figure highlighted, or marked out in some way??

• Like 1

Im dreadfully sorry but im struggling to make out what it is you are suggesting, would it be possible to post another picture with the supposed figure highlighted, or marked out in some way??

I tried for hours, the photo is 'too large'. I can try to post it somewhere else and attach a link. Sorry.

Modern technology eh! Haha, its never a straight forward process!

Have you tried cropping the part of the photo you wish us to see?

Or re scanning it with a piece of coloured thread around the area?

Edited by 6.6.6
  • Like 1

I can very vaguely see something, and I dont mean to offend in any way but I think this is a case of wanting to see something,there for anything in the photo that resembles a figure will be pounced on!

The fact you mentioned Halloween backs up that theory,

And I'll say again this is in no way ment too offend, but this feels like another example of the mind creating the illusion it wants to see! Just my opinion though,

Edited by 6.6.6

Hmm. It's pretty hard to see - indeed if you hadn't told me or circled it, I doubt I'd have spotted it at all. And that is a bad sign... You did say you had many spooky experiences, and you refer to hearing a girl's voice and seeing your own? reflections in picture frames (of which there are no photos..), and then after all that, you managed to find that in the shadows? Let's be honest - you were looking for stuff.. Sure, I can see how you might be able to interpret those few smudges of light and dark as a girl in a black dress, but I'd love to go through all your similar photos and see what else *I* can find... :)

Nope, sorry, going on what I can see (or rather can't) here, this is just pareidolia. You don't need to show us the video - what would be more useful is a full-resolution, *professionally scanned* file. That would be one from a large store that has a decent photo-printing and scanning system (many Office Depot type stores have them, and it is usually not that expensive to get a high-res scan from 35mm). Make sure it is scanned at 3000 ppi or above and shows the film grain- they will know what that means.

I'm not trying to be a total party pooper, but it's a very vague set of shapes and takes a good amount of imagination. You'll find this sort of thing in most similar dark and grainy areas of images..

• Like 7

Hello and welcome lovelyevie,

Please do not feel disheartened by the responses you will get for that photo, but is is very poor. We have had far better pics which have been debunked quite easily.

I live in an area surrounded by trees and many bushes, and can make out a figure of some kind 100% of the time if I wanted to. Trees and branches can create some very convincing shapes, sometimes you do not even have to use your imagination.

• Like 2

It's okay. If I'm wrong, then that's fine. I accept that. I just wondered if anyone else saw it too.

• Like 2

It's okay. If I'm wrong, then that's fine. I accept that. I just wondered if anyone else saw it too.

Dont be disheartened! Dont give up!

Keep taking photos and gathering evidence on your spook, sceptics and believers alike would all love to see an undeniable photo of a real ghost!

• Like 3

Welcome to UM.

I can see what you're talking about, but I have to agree with ChrLzs. I don't think you've captured anything paranormal; I've seen much more striking examples pareidolia, and I don't think your photo is unusual.

However, don't take this as an attack on your story. For all I know, your friend's back yard very well could be haunted. I just don't believe you've caught photographic evidence of it.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for being nice about everything. I guess I was wrong. No big deal though, it's still one of my favorite photographs.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

maybe it's me.

i look at the pic, i see like a white blob of light above the girl's head.

but when I open the thumbnail, there is no white blob of light.

I see no figure in either. of course, i'm half blind too, so....

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe if you just photoshopped a pic of a ghost from some movie or something I could see something in there.

The shapes that look like white sleeves under a black dress and her pale face are what looks like rain drops to me..