Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot tracks found on Vancouver Island

UM-Bot

A fisheries officer claims to have witnessed a large bipedal creature on the Canadian shoreline.

Luke Swan Jr. had been out on patrol in his boat near Tofino last Wednesday when he caught sight of a strange creature crouched down at the side of the water.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263368/bigfoot-tracks-found-on-vancouver-island

It was clamming. They've been seen doing that on the west coast, and swimming. :unsure2:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Why do these stories no longer excite me :cry:

I feel the same way...we need some 'squatchy' DNA pronto!

(BTW, I like your Bond avatar)

• Like 1

I feel the same way...we need some 'squatchy' DNA pronto!

(BTW, I like your Bond avatar)

Cheers Lilly ;)

They went back....without a camera?

let us see some pics and we will decide how scary it is.

• Like 2

Footprints and missing bark is not rock solid proof!! Move on...

• Like 1

This is on a island.....Should be simple to find one of these there.

• Like 4

I dunno...are Bigfeet good swimmers?

• Like 1

I would think Ian Thorpe is proof that they are... ;)

• Like 1

Big feet are like flippers. They can swim fast!

I imagine it's a lot like this Lilly!..

• Like 3

Why do these stories no longer excite me :cry:

Here is a link to the original article to save a bit of link clicking...

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...sland-1.1714645

"The name is Chubb, Junior Chubb." Nice touch, the Walther PPK with the long barrel!

• Like 1

The common theme in these bigfoot encounters is, "I was terrified and ran away." I have a hard time with that! If I were to cross paths with a bigfoot, I think my curiousity would trump my common sense, and I'd force myself to strike up a conversation with the big fella. Seriously, why would you pass up the chance of a lifetime?

And come on: they knew they were going back to the same island, and they didn't bring a camera to record evidence?

I WANT there to be Bigfeet in the forest, but most of the "eyewitness" reports leave me flat.

Edited to add:

Oops - The link didn't work at first. Now I see that they did actually have a camera, and they did photograph some alleged footprints. I have to give them credit for trying!

My apologies to Mr. Swan.

Edited by simplybill

I agree. In this age of rampant hoaxing, the only real proof is going to be DNA or a body.

BTW, did anyone look at the alleged footprint in the original article? That's unlike any Bigfoot track I've ever seen.

The common theme in these bigfoot encounters is, "I was terrified and ran away." I have a hard time with that! If I were to cross paths with a bigfoot, I think my curiousity would trump my common sense, and I'd force myself to strike up a conversation with the big fella. Seriously, why would you pass up the chance of a lifetime?

And come on: they knew they were going back to the same island, and they didn't bring a camera to record evidence?

I WANT there to be Bigfeet in the forest, but most of the "eyewitness" reports leave me flat.

Not to mention, the guy was a conservation officer.

• Like 1

Oops - The link didn't work at first. Now I see that they did actually have a camera, and they did photograph some alleged footprints. I have to give them credit for trying!

• Like 1

Next they will say that Bigfoot is a great swimmer and that they live under water in Bigfootlantis!!

• Like 2

I like this comment from one of the readers on the bc news sight:

I think these creatures are looking for the 1st Nations longhouses to show themselves to perform their dances for us. In our heritage we call them Bukwas Wild-man Of The Woods.The other name is Tsunakwa Wild-women.Sometime I woonder about our people where they ever learned to perform such dances and how they got it from?It's a mystery how that ever happen and non-one ever talks about the real story...

• Like 3

Next they will say that Bigfoot is a great swimmer and that they live under water in Bigfootlantis!!

They don't have to swim too far. Polar bears have been spotted swimming 100 miles from the nearest land so why can't bigfoot swim 3 miles from the mainland to Vancouver Island?
  • Like 6

They don't have to swim too far. Polar bears have been spotted swimming 100 miles from the nearest land so why can't bigfoot swim 3 miles from the mainland to Vancouver Island?

Aside from man and a few monkey species, most primates and certainly most great apes are not the best swimmers and tend avoid deep water. This is why zoos can keep them on islands with a small moat that the average child would have no trouble swimming across. However, since bigfoot may be made of little more that hot air, it might float across nicely.

• Like 5

The Bigfoot researchers should be all over this one! A couple of trail cameras, tracking dogs....

It would be interesting to know if anyone actually follows up on it. Maybe the $10,000,000 reward will spark some interest.

Aside from man and a few monkey species, most primates and certainly most great apes are not the best swimmers and tend avoid deep water. This is why zoos can keep them on islands with a small moat that the average child would have no trouble swimming across. However, since bigfoot may be made of little more that hot air, it might float across nicely.

LOL! Good one! However I submit the following pictures below. Three different species.

371590857.jpgCooper-the-chimp-2167065.jpgdepositphotos_9922970-Monkey-swimming.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

LOL! Good one! However I submit the following pictures below. Three different species.

371590857.jpgCooper-the-chimp-2167065.jpgdepositphotos_9922970-Monkey-swimming.jpg

I bet that confused a few..a fish with fur? Nessy with legs? Bigfoot shrunk in water?

Good sighting. Too bad there isn't better evidence. I would like to see the photos they took though.

• Like 1

*images removed*

Watch it OS, you don't want to add fuel to the aquatic ape theory... ;)