Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Dino is Europe's Largest-Ever Predator

Still Waters

A new dinosaur from Portugal is Europe’s largest-ever terrestrial predator and was the biggest carnivorous dinosaur of the Jurassic Period, according to paleontologists who studied its remains.

The dinosaur, named Torvosaurus gurneyi, measured close to 33 feet long and weighed over 2,200 pounds, according to a paper in the latest PLoS ONE. The predator was at the top of Europe’s terrestrial food chain roughly 150 million years ago.

http://news.discover...ator-140305.htm

• Like 1

Awesome find and I bet there was one bigger then this one.

It's great when they find new dinos

• Like 1

Whoa! I wonder if this is the biggest beast out there at the time, or will larger bones be discovered? Time will tell. Hopefully the fossils last long enough for us to find them.

Well, it was smaller than the T-Rex, but it did live there about 100 million years later (I think), so I think it was the biggest in its time.

I wonder how much of it they actually found. I'm just curious how much they had or had to extrapolate in order to come up with the size?

T-Rex was so mean cause his mom couldn't give him hugs.

oh oh ohh this dinosaur has to be in the next jurassic park movie.. it has toooooo!!