Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Hangar-1" premiere on "Presidential UFOs"

JimOberg

Just watched the premiere of the MUFON files show, and was most interested in their version of the Jimmy Carter sighting. O. They show a nebulous circle about 6 to 8 degrees angular size, red fuzzy rim and white center. hanging above some trees against a broken-cloud sky with blue sky behind it. The 'reconstruction' shows it hanging motionless, then zooming off to the left.

And, BTW, it allegedly took place in October 1969 before a Lions Club speech in Leary, Georgia. That's their story and they're sticking to it.

That's significant since the date has been known to be in error for almost forty years but MUFON refuses to admit it.

See http://www.debunker.com/texts/carter_ufo.html

• Like 3

Found the show to be a breath of fresh air. More in the vein of the old 'UFO Files' series, as opposed to Ancient Aliens. That being said, a series produced by MUFON which praises MUFON within the content of the episode, seems a little biased and self-aggrandizing.

I caught the show too and was fascinated with the Truman story.

• Like 2

Just watched the premiere of the MUFON files show, and was most interested in their version of the Jimmy Carter sighting. O. They show a nebulous circle about 6 to 8 degrees angular size, red fuzzy rim and white center. hanging above some trees against a broken-cloud sky with blue sky behind it. The 'reconstruction' shows it hanging motionless, then zooming off to the left.

And, BTW, it allegedly took place in October 1969 before a Lions Club speech in Leary, Georgia. That's their story and they're sticking to it.

That's significant since the date has been known to be in error for almost forty years but MUFON refuses to admit it.

See http://www.debunker....carter_ufo.html

Got to Love the Carter SIghting "Sober" I wonder what the Drunk sightings were like?

Since ALL "lights in the sky" are natural phenomena; and ALL "UFO's" are terrestrially fabricated... what could possibly be of interest in a film-production of this type?

• Like 3

I wanted to stay away from UM for a while but...

OK, as an art major I am interested in how the principle of the flight and propulsion system affects the physical designs of 'UFOs'.

I wanted to stay away from UM for a while but...

OK, as an art major I am interested in how the principle of the flight and propulsion system affects the physical designs of 'UFOs'.

Stick to the Art "ambelamba" the UFO world will indeed warp your mind, As for the aerodynamics of UFO`s and there propulsion systems,well As soon as we really get one to study It will be know to the world !.If you want the low down skinny on the Area51 story,you ought to go out there and knock on there front gate and get a pass to see the Little Greys and there FTL ships that are buried under ground.

What a great place to Fly UFO`s out of any who !

Keep Looking Up man ! :alien::tu: justDONTEATUS

Well, am I the only guy who wants to meet aliens with a great sense of aesthetics and love of arts and culture?

• Like 1

Well, am I the only guy who wants to meet aliens with a great sense of aesthetics and love of arts and culture?

Not at all man ! We all want to meet& Greet E.T,and not be Eat by E.T ! But you never know,E.T just might be us ?

Looking forward to the new show saw it yesterday.

Relaying a comment from a friend:

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:31 PM

Subject: Is Hanger 1 the worst UFO documentary production ever?

I have now watched two episodes and I have never seen a bunch of nonsense in my life. Those participating, in any way, should be ashamed. There are so many conspiracies being presented, you cannot keep track. They repeat a lots of stories being promoted as credible that most people would reject outright. I feel like I am wasting my time watching this but can Harzan, Dolan, Cameron, Ventre, Mclellan, and the others (some I have never heard of) really believe this stuff? If they do, it demonstrates to what state MUFON and UFOlogy has dropped to where they believe just about any conspiracy (or story that supports this conspiracy) without even thinking how stupid it sounds.

• Like 6

Not at all man ! We all want to meet& Greet E.T,and not be Eat by E.T ! But you never know,E.T just might be us ?

I thought I might rather like to insult the E.T.'s over dinner....is that just me, or is it because I missed out on the soy cheese ?

Sounds disappointing for the most part (don't think I'll bother).

On a more positive note, the new 'Cosmos' (with Neil deGrasse Tyson) was pretty good.

• Like 3

Its going to be a good series,relying on Carl Sagans orig very much so ! Lots of clips from Carl 1 st night ! Loved it ! :tu:

I'm having a hard time watching any of these shows now. Never much new and nothing that can lead to an answer of what's flying around.

• Like 1

Sweetpumper ,the day may never come that actually tells us what it is that people see ?

Im purty sure its going to Take a Actual landing of a craft,a real physicial machine with maybe a Mother Ship parked about Ten Thousand feet above the surface of the Earth,Thats twenty Miles across Like Independence day, That would wake up the Non-believers ASAP ! But then we would All look at each other and Say " Duh "

Now whatz ya gonna do when they come for you ?

Edited by DONTEATUS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No matter what the official first contact established with Earth senario will turn out to be, it probably won't be subtle. Earthlings don't understand the principle of maintaining a purified consciousness, they are too obsessed with too many irrelavant scatterbrained personal beliefs. And they have too many unpredictable diseases.

No matter what the official first contact established with Earth senario will turn out to be, it probably won't be subtle. Earthlings don't understand the principle of maintaining a purified consciousness, they are too obsessed with too many irrelavant scatterbrained personal beliefs. And they have too many unpredictable diseases.

Pfft speak for yourself.

I am a mighty QUEENSLANDER.

State%2520of%2520Origin%2520Queensland%2520Perfection.png

On a more positive note, the new 'Cosmos' (with Neil deGrasse Tyson) was pretty good.

I have to quote meatloaf here

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Yep. Skeptics should avoid it at all costs. Wouldn't want to accidentally see a fact or hear an argument not made by some easily fooled, easily ridiculed, novice on the web.

You know what, that was was a cheap shot. I apologize.

However I am still confused by skeptic unwillingness to view the program. I thought most of you "want" to believe but require better evidence than the usual report/sighting provide. Perhaps by viewing the show you'll gain some new perspective by hearing the information from people closest to the source cases, rather than regular Joe's on the net.

At the very least, you may be able to gather information to help you better debunk claims via the "know thy enemy" adage so no matter how I slice it, it remains curious you flat out refuse to view the program.

• Like 1

Yep. Skeptics should avoid it at all costs. Wouldn't want to accidentally see a fact or hear an argument not made by some easily fooled, easily ridiculed, novice on the web.

You know what, that was was a cheap shot. I apologize.

However I am still confused by skeptic unwillingness to view the program. I thought most of you "want" to believe but require better evidence than the usual report/sighting provide. Perhaps by viewing the show you'll gain some new perspective by hearing the information from people closest to the source cases, rather than regular Joe's on the net.

At the very least, you may be able to gather information to help you better debunk claims via the "know thy enemy" adage so no matter how I slice it, it remains curious you flat out refuse to view the program.

It's not simply a refusal, it is refusal to watch the same thing yet again, do you know how many have gone before this? This is simply a rehash of a thousand other shows, specials and serials. Jimmy Carter? Been done to death and as you can see from Jim's report, they still tout the ancient evidence to resell old ideas, and they lie to make them exciting. Hearing the information put forth by Jim, and how they KNOW a correction exists and refuse to acknowledge it, one can see immediately that this show is not interested in fact, it just needs and exciting product to sell to the public, and they try to disguise it as academic, when it is anything but. I am not a big fan of the oft mentioned "Out of the Blue" program either, I found it bad quality, poor reporting, and too long. There are a few half decent ones, even though they are also laced with pure nonsense, which is preferable to being laden with it. 50 years of denial has some good footage, but the credulous side of things gets a bit carried away, one of the best series I thought was that UFO files TV show. Not sure if you have seen it, this one:

UFO_Files_SC.jpg

I felt this show actually offered objectivity from time to time, which one rarely sees in a UFO special.

Jerry Ryan did a half decent one too, but having Jerry Ryan in it is a bonus for a start.

This one as we can see is a rehash of rubbish we know that has been injected with the spicier strues on the net. TV Shows do this on purpose, not sure of you have seen it, but I have offered the Buzz Aldrin episode of the "Science Channel" Many times, where Buzz states very clearly that they twisted his interview to make it sound like they were being followed by a spaceship to the moon. Buzz even called the science channel and asked them to correct the information as he did not like his name being associated with a flat out lie - they simply refused on the basis that it would affect ratings.

And we kid ourselves and say we don't create ET ourselves!!

Yet here we are seeing it yet again with the Carter story. People who will lie to peoples faces like this I feel do not deserve the audience they seek. On the other hand, Cosmos, A Spacetime Odyssey, takes us on a hypothetical spaceship into realms that science has identified, maybe not correctly, maybe it is spot on, thing is that is a brilliant show that gives us insights from the cutting edge of technology, not imagination, OK some imagination is used, but not how the woo crowd abuse it. Imagination can be a powerful tool when you have something to work with, but one must recognise that if you are starting with a blank palette, lets face it, any picture can be painted. Science used that which nature has given us to paint this picture, which I find a massive difference, in fact, not the same thing at all.

This is the difference between UFOlogists, and people who study UFO's. The Friedmans, the Adamski's, The Lazars, the Stitchins all treat this phenomena as their personal ideal and cash cow. They seem to think they have the right to make crap up and sell it to people. What we have to be thankful for is the De Grasse Tyson's, The Hawkings, The Sagans and the Kakus, who level this playing field, unfortunately, the lesser side of UFOlogy continually borrows credibility from these people, diminishing that precious resource.

Sure, I want to believe as much as the next guy, but I don't want BS fed to me like I am some noob that is just starting to read up on UFO's, and being lied to. I find that insulting. I want real evidence, not someone's imagination, quite frankly, Hollywood does imagination much better than UFOlogists, so rather than contemplate this patchy nonsense, I'd rather spend my time on an impressive full blown production. The combined level of experience here far outweighs that program in total too. They should be better than us if they expect us to waste time on them. These programs have been popping up every now and then since the 70's with the TV show, project Bluebook, which I watched as a kid. But sadly, that is what most UFO shows are, little more than kids shows. This one offers all indications that is the case here, life is too short to waste it with underhanded people like that.

Edited by psyche101

How dare you smash my expectation of a mercilessly cutting response with such cool, measured tones laced with logic and sensibility!

I actually have seen UFO Files. I have most all of them recorded, in fact. My DVR is still set to record repeats in case they air any episodes I missed.

I did not see Dark Skies but I rememberber Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9 on that Trek show.

I thought I did see some new evidence brought to the table in this show but I cannot for the life of me recall a single one of them right now.

I agree, the new COSMOS is very beautiful, and I learned a new thing or two from it as well.

Well, that's all I got. You totally disarmed me. lol You have given me somethings to think about and I appreciate you taking your time to boil down your opinions on the matter. It was not in vain. ;-)

Edited by AZDZ
  • Like 1