Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Hangar-1" premiere on "Presidential UFOs"

JimOberg

How dare you smash my expectation of a mercilessly cutting response with such cool, measured tones laced with logic and sensibility!

Ha, LOL, sorry I'll be more cranky next time!! Out of red cordial ATM........ :lol:

I honestly do not have a problem at all with believers, it seems like it because I am rather "to the point"but some of my very favourite people here have strong beliefs. All for different reasons, and that's to be expected in this diverse world. As long as people don't wander that path of imagination and call it fact. We have so much to work with that we just need to pool together to find that which people keep asking the Government to produce. My belief is we can solve this mystery if we all put our minds to it. Different approaches are a great idea there as it gives a very broad spectrum. In reality, I am about as tough as a Junket Sandwich. I love life, and rather than live each day as my last, I live each day as my first. It's all fascinating to me.

I actually have seen UFO Files. I have most all of them recorded, in fact. My DVR is still set to record repeats in case they air any episodes I missed.

A very lovely lady that used to post here put me onto them, and I honestly do not mind that series, as I said, there are so many of them out there, when a half decent one comes along, it's quite a treat. I am not sure that it has ever aired here in Australia, I had to obtain every episode that I have seen. I was blown away when I saw the one explaining Roswell as a MOGUL balloon, I think it was the first instance where the traditional story was challenged, in fact I had not seen UFOlogy challenged like that before. It was quite a surprise, and I like surprises :D I think they also have more of a "what if" approach as opposed to a "This happened and the people denying it are government spooks" mentality.

I did not see Dark Skies but I rememberber Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9 on that Trek show.

Ohooo dark skies had some revealing bit's didn't it? That 7 of 9 costume was enough to get my heart racing.

This is the UFO/Alien special she did, it's been out awhile now though, I have had it at home on DVD for a few years now.

ufos-aliens-jeri-ryan-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Although I have to admit, I don't care what she does, I'll watch it :D That is one attractive lady.

I thought I did see some new evidence brought to the table in this show but I cannot for the life of me recall a single one of them right now.

There is a website also based on Presidential UFO sightings, I take it that was the inspiration here, but when they refuse to update information, one can only be suspicious of their motives. I don't now why they do things like this.

If you do spot something new, I am sure we would all appreciate you bringing it in here for discussion, I know you will get many views, and that can be upsetting to people at times, and I understand that totally, but from that frenzied varied exchange, some real gems pop up. It's worth the effort I think, well if one is genuine, we have the Zoser's of the world with their agendas too.

I agree, the new COSMOS is very beautiful, and I learned a new thing or two from it as well.

Isn't it awesome!! Gosh I wish we had documentaries like this when I was a kid, it seems to make learning so much fun!! We had the original Cosmos, but such personal shows were very few and far between, and Comos was barely ever aired.

I have no doubt at all that I will learn a great deal from that series. At the same time, I am revisiting the original series.

Well, that's all I got. You totally disarmed me. lol You have given me somethings to think about and I appreciate you taking your time to boil down your opinions on the matter. It was not in vain. ;-)

LOL, well in that case we best be friends then :D

Thank you for taking the time to read it all, I get a bit wordy, but I do that to try and save confusion, talking across Oceans has it's difficulties at times.

Mate, I love genuine inquiry, not matter the question. I even gave Zoser the benefit of the doubt for some time, until he let his agenda out.

All the best, have a great weekend!

Edited by psyche101

Since ALL "lights in the sky" are natural phenomena; and ALL "UFO's" are terrestrially fabricated... what could possibly be of interest in a film-production of this type?

Who says all are terrestrial?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I haven't seen the prog. but...

I expect President Truman probably knew a thing or two or three....

AND President Eisenhower as well...after he threatened to send the Army into Area 51 ....

:whistle:

• Like 1

Just watched the premiere of the MUFON files show, and was most interested in their version of the Jimmy Carter sighting. O. They show a nebulous circle about 6 to 8 degrees angular size, red fuzzy rim and white center. hanging above some trees against a broken-cloud sky with blue sky behind it. The 'reconstruction' shows it hanging motionless, then zooming off to the left.

And, BTW, it allegedly took place in October 1969 before a Lions Club speech in Leary, Georgia. That's their story and they're sticking to it.

That's significant since the date has been known to be in error for almost forty years but MUFON refuses to admit it.

See http://www.debunker....carter_ufo.html

And that debunks the case how exactly?

It doesn't does it?

Nothing new there.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Pfft speak for yourself.

I am a mighty QUEENSLANDER.

State%2520of%2520Origin%2520Queensland%2520Perfection.png

You probably enjoyed the Reds last outing against my team then

Edited by sards

Since ALL "lights in the sky" are natural phenomena; and ALL "UFO's" are terrestrially fabricated... what could possibly be of interest in a film-production of this type?

99% of your posts look just like that one. How about actually contributing something once in a while? Nobody here is saying all lights in the sky are naturally occurring or man made. Quite the opposite, no one has shown they are not.

• Like 3

Hangar 1 is pretty much the same UFO crap we have been seeing forever. Lots of suggestive, shadowy reenactments, lots of wild speculation and questionable eye-witness accounts. It is more about Hollywood than fact.

Does MUFON still really take Roswell seriously or was that just the producers of the show reaching for a knee-jerk reaction?

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

Found the show to be a breath of fresh air. More in the vein of the old 'UFO Files' series, as opposed to Ancient Aliens. That being said, a series produced by MUFON which praises MUFON within the content of the episode, seems a little biased and self-aggrandizing.

It is almost exactly like Ancient Aliens. It is loaded with the same wild speculation and much is stated as fact without even the smallest effort to substantiate. I only made it about half way through the first episode. That is all I could stand.

• Like 1

Relaying a comment from a friend:

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:31 PM

Subject: Is Hanger 1 the worst UFO documentary production ever?

I have now watched two episodes and I have never seen a bunch of nonsense in my life. Those participating, in any way, should be ashamed. There are so many conspiracies being presented, you cannot keep track. They repeat a lots of stories being promoted as credible that most people would reject outright. I feel like I am wasting my time watching this but can Harzan, Dolan, Cameron, Ventre, Mclellan, and the others (some I have never heard of) really believe this stuff? If they do, it demonstrates to what state MUFON and UFOlogy has dropped to where they believe just about any conspiracy (or story that supports this conspiracy) without even thinking how stupid it sounds.

Yes, it is 100% BS. No question.

It doesn't does it?

Nothing new there.

Ya see, it's really very simple.

Jim waves his magic wand and declares that the account is debunked!

as easy as saying "swamp gas".

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

See how simple it is?

Well, show that it is not. Show that any of those "facts" presented are actually true. The show does not back any of those assertions with verifiable sources - or anything for that matter. We are expected to accept a lot at face value.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

It doesn't does it?

Nothing new there.

It's not a debunk, it's clarification.

What the woo people did here was refuse to listen to what Carter had to say, just like when poor Buzz got the old "No, we reserve the right to twist your words and lie about the Apollo 11 mission because that will give us better ratings" from the so called science channel.

There never was anything to debunk you silly man. All one has to do is hear what Carter said and not what UFO sites say he said.

Here are Carters own words:

I saw an unidentified flying object. I've never believed that it came from Mars. I know enough physics to know that you can't have vehicles that are tangible in nature flying from Mars, looking around, and then flying back. But I saw an object one night when I was preparing to give a speech to a Lions Club. There were about twenty-five of us men standing around. It was almost time for the Lions Club supper to start, which I would eat and then I would give a speech. I was in charge of fifty-six Lions Clubs in southwest Georgia back in the late '60s. And all of a sudden, one of the men looked up and said, "Look, over in the west!" And there was a bright light in the sky. We all saw it. And then the light, it got closer and closer to us. And then it stopped, I don't know how far away, but it stopped beyond the pine trees. And all of a sudden it changed color to blue, and then it changed to red, then back to white. And we were trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and then it receded into the distance. I had a tape recorder—because as I met with members of Lions Clubs, I would dictate their names on the tapes so I could remember them—and I dictated my observations. And when I got home, I wrote them down. So that's an accurate description of what I saw. It was a flying object that was unidentified. But I have never thought that it was from outer space.

LINK

So if Carter "Never Thought It Was From Out Of Space" as he said in his own words, why do these numpties want to shoehorn ET into this story, if not simply for entertainment television? That show is a sham, anyone can see that. I know why you promote the show, it follows that same agenda you do, make stuff up, collate and try to create the illusion that millions of credible stories exist when really, very very few actually warrant serious investigation, the real shame being this tiny percentage suffers at the hands of Woo UFOlogy and has to abide by the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" syndrome giving it very little chance of decent investigation at all. Most good claims are simply lost in the childish politics of Woo UFOlogy.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

as easy as saying "swamp gas".

And this is why you have no credibility Earl.

Zoser was yet again, and as usual, 100% incorrect, read my above post and educate yourself on this case. Your prodding of skeptics into claims that you obviously know nothing of only illustrates your childish need for attention. Well, you got it, but I doubt it was exactly that which you sought. You dead set just sound jealous that Jim worked hard to become smarter than you. Bad Cricket there Earl.

You ought to know the real story of swamp gas by now too Earl, you just displaying severe ignorance and a childish need to provoke adversarial replies, you're going backwards man. What do you feel that silly little outburst illustrates?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Stay this time, zoser! It's funner. :D

For who?

I haven't seen the prog. but...

I expect President Truman probably knew a thing or two or three....

AND President Eisenhower as well...after he threatened to send the Army into Area 51 ....

:whistle:

I think they did too.

I think we know know what they "knew" too though.

You probably enjoyed the Reds last outing against my team then

League, not Rugby :tu:

Relaying a comment from a friend:

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:31 PM

Subject: Is Hanger 1 the worst UFO documentary production ever?

I have now watched two episodes and I have never seen a bunch of nonsense in my life. Those participating, in any way, should be ashamed. There are so many conspiracies being presented, you cannot keep track. They repeat a lots of stories being promoted as credible that most people would reject outright. I feel like I am wasting my time watching this but can Harzan, Dolan, Cameron, Ventre, Mclellan, and the others (some I have never heard of) really believe this stuff? If they do, it demonstrates to what state MUFON and UFOlogy has dropped to where they believe just about any conspiracy (or story that supports this conspiracy) without even thinking how stupid it sounds.

Apparently, a great many credible, professional individuals DO take the topic of UFO's, "flying saucers", ET, very seriously. Are they really all shamefully stupid?

Does MUFON still really take Roswell seriously or was that just the producers of the show reaching for a knee-jerk reaction?

Since the Kenneth Arnold sighting report in 1947, the subsequent "crash" at Roswell, the "official" Army announcement concerning a recovered "disk", the various subsequent "lights" seen nationwide, including over DC in '52... yeah, we/they, and hundreds of thousands of credible, professional people still take "Roswell" very seriously. I know you consider us all to be dolts of some sort.

Apparently, a great many credible, professional individuals DO take the topic of UFO's, "flying saucers", ET, very seriously. Are they really all shamefully stupid?

How many of them have taken the evidence beyond the level of anecdote? Credibility means nothing without evidence.

Edited by sinewave

99% of your posts look just like that one. How about actually contributing something once in a while? Nobody here is saying all lights in the sky are naturally occurring or man made. Quite the opposite, no one has shown they are not.

That's right... there is no scientific evidence, that we have access too, proving anything about ufo's, "flying saucers", or "lights in the sky". All we have are anecdotal reports and a few thousand fuzzy photos/videos. IYO is there anything unearthly about any of these so-called "sightings"?

Since the Kenneth Arnold sighting report in 1947, the subsequent "crash" at Roswell, the "official" Army announcement concerning a recovered "disk", the various subsequent "lights" seen nationwide, including over DC in '52... yeah, we/they, and hundreds of thousands of credible, professional people still take "Roswell" very seriously. I know you consider us all to be dolts of some sort.

Again, the Roswell story you know did not exist until 1978. It is a fabrication invented to sell books.

Read up on the Cold War. You really should have some understanding of the psyche on both sides of the Iron Curtain before you try to understand Air Force UFO reports. The city where I live had 660 nuclear tipped surface to air missiles installed in launch sites which were mostly in populated areas. They were designed to take out hostile aircraft. Many US cities had similar installations. A lot of those sites were maintained well into the 1970's.

The Air Force was not interested in aliens but in protecting the population against nuclear war. Of course that is not nearly as entertaining as believing in alien visitation or government cover-ups, is it?

• Like 1

That's right... there is no scientific evidence, that we have access too, proving anything about ufo's, "flying saucers", or "lights in the sky". All we have are anecdotal reports and a few thousand fuzzy photos/videos. IYO is there anything unearthly about any of these so-called "sightings"?

That would be called cognitive dissonance. When your beliefs don't square with reality you may tend to rationalize the facts so you won't have to change your beliefs. There is no evidence for what you say. If true, it is a rare example of the US government doing something efficiently.

• Like 1

How many of them have taken the evidence beyond the level of anecdote? Credibility means nothing without evidence.

So when... senior political figures, astronauts, military, law enforcement, pilots, radar, etc. make reports about seeing "flying saucers", it "means nothing"?

Again, the Roswell story you know did not exist until 1978. It is a fabrication invented to sell books.

The Air Force was not interested in aliens...

Not exactly. i knew of the "Roswell story" in 1967. Are you seriously suggesting the the Air Force is/was "not interested" in reports of aerial phenomenon?