Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mystery Of The Fullness Of The Gentiles

buckskin scout

Passages in Ezekiel speak of the regathering of the Jews from captivity and coming of Christ and the New Covenant. Especially chapter 37 which speaks of a reunion between Ephraim and Judah.

In fact, what is Ephraim?

Ephraim mixes with the nations

It falls back to Genesis 48:19, behold the MYSTERY...

Genesis 48:19

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;'

Bereshis 48:19

Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

And aviv refused, and said, I know it, beni (my son), I know it; he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great; but truly achiv hakaton shall be greater than he, and his zera shall become a multitude of Goyim.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

And his father refused and said, I know it, my son, I know it; he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great; but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of Gentiles.

Darby Translation (DARBY)

But his father refused and said, I know, my son, I know: he also will become a people, and he also will be great; but truly his younger brother will be greater than he; and his seed will become the fulness of nations.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But his father refused and said, “I know, my son, I know; he also will become a people and he also will be great. However, his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his [a]descendants shall become a multitude of nations.”

Footnotes:

a. Genesis 48:19 Lit seed

b. Genesis 48:19 Lit fullness

Now look forward Romans 11:25-26

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Edited by GoSC

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marcion Meets E. Sibyl

• buckskin scout

• Ogbin

Top Posters In This Topic

I Believe Fulness of the Gentiles is speaking of the Rapture of the Church.

Edited by Ogbin

In fact, what is Ephraim?

My brother's name.

ISAIAH 59:20: "And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD." Just adding a verse.