Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cosmos: A personal Voyage

taniwha

Revisit the origins of the incredible COSMOS journey. Nearly 34 years after it originally aired on television, National Geographic Channel will rebroadcast all 13 episodes of Carl Sagan’s ground-breaking series COSMOS: A Personal Voyage in a special two-day marathon of stars, science and intergalactic learning.

The two-day event, airing Saturday, March 8, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, March 9, from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Concluding in time for the world premiere of Neil Degrasse Tysons COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey on Sunday at 9pm

http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2014/03/06/catch-up-on-carl-sagans-classic-cosmos-with-two-day-marathon/ :gun:

• Like 2

Old news - I own the full set of DVD's.. :D :D

No actually this is great - I really hope everyone who hasn't seen it DOES. It's a pity they haven't spread it out a bit, many won't be able to sit through all that (- get the PVR's ready!) This is the best documentary series of this type ever produced, and how can you not love that voice of Sagan's!? He is sadly missed.

Can't wait to watch the new one by NDT. He has big boots to step into...

• Like 2

Big boots indeed. Sagan will always be the king, but I think Tyson is perfect for this

• Like 2

“‘Cosmos’ is more than Carl Sagan ...If I tried to fill his shoes I would just fail. But I can fill my own shoes really well.” ~ Tyson

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-carl-sagan-truly-irreplaceable-180949818/#URdMly62SIDXHRzW.99

• Like 3

The new series, one episode in, is breathtakingly beautiful. It mixes real images with the best CGI i have seen i awhile. How wonderful that his wife waited for the right funding, the right host and the right producers/directors to make this bigger and better than the original. So far, color me impressed. I have to get my 8 year old through the first twenty minutes, since he knows all that but then Cosmos takes over and connects it to us! Brilliant and beautiful in a way only this series does. I am in love all over again. .

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Good on Seth McFarlane hey! Who would have thunk it! On of the funniest men in television bringing us real knowledge at the same time. It's a bit like Jerry Lewis sponsoring Julius Sumner Miller.

Well done Seth and Niel. I'll be looking out for this one. Part one has Aired I see.

Edited by psyche101