Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Touching moment homeless man 'won' $1,000

Commander CMG

• YouTube user 'Magic of Rahat,' a known magician prankster, gives an unsuspecting homeless man a lottery ticket
  • The man cashed it in for $1,000 and burst into tears insisting that he share his winnings

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 5

I am sobbing right along with him right now. I hope this helps people understand a little about what lives inside those who are alone and homeless in the world. $1,000 made a seasoned grown man cry, that was really touching, I wish him all the best, he sure deserves it.

• Like 3

I had watched that last night with my wife and I got a little watery eyed myself. I had to keep it together though cause I was watching it with wife, lol.

• Like 2

This is the reason to want to be rich.

Forget fancy cars and $200 shirts etc. He probably changed that guy's life right there.

I'm glad he found out the guy was quality before he gave the money.

• Like 3

This is the reason to want to be rich.

Forget fancy cars and $200 shirts etc. He probably changed that guy's life right there.

I'm glad he found out the guy was quality before he gave the money.

I agree, having money to give away would be wonderful - it is what money can do for folks that gives it real value, because look at how it made so many of us smile at what it did for this guy.

• Like 2

I wish I was rich so I could do something like this... but without camera and news crews. I would find an sleeping homeless person, then place 10K in his coat pocket without him realizing it. After that I would just walk away, he probably would contact the news searching for me, but I wouldn't never surface because I don't want fame or people knowing I did an kind thing. I just want to be able to change an person's life and give them an chance. 10K can really help them get back on their feet, heck even just 10 dollars can make an homeless persons day by giving him or her something to eat.

If I wanted to go further, I would try to help them find and job. Give them money, they live nice for an couple of years. Give them an job and roof over their head, they will live comfortably for the rest of their lives. Only reason I might want an camera is if I want to relive the moment of changing someone's life for the better.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

People frequently cry "media fame" when someone films a "stunt" like this, and it could be...

But, how many people watching that video were maybe just a little bit inspired to do something nice for someone else?

Kindness is as contagious as cruelty.

I see no problem with announcing from the rooftops, "I made a difference in someone's life, and so can you."

I have been discussing things like this on the argument of self promotion through a loaded deed.

The publicity and money generated through this video would far outweigh the $1000 he gave the man. Or actor.

I'm just asking people to consider. One might be a heartless human being and they release a video like this. Doing a "good deed". But doing it with the intentions of publicising it. Attempting to heighten their image or profit from it. If all advertising revenue went to a good cause and the whole video circled around charity and the publicity generated would result in ongoing future charity. That would truly allow me to see this in a higher light.

Though if I make a video like this tomorrow. Does that mean I'm a good person? Would you praise me for what I did? Perhaps I'm a bad person, but a simple deed such as this catapults me into good person territory in the eyes of some. Even though my intentions were solely selfish.

It is quite evident the effectiveness of displaying videos helping a homeless person generates a lot of publicity these days. One who is attempting to promote themselves needs not think too hard to realise the benefits.

I wish I was rich so I could do something like this... but without camera and news crews. I would find an sleeping homeless person, then place 10K in his coat pocket without him realizing it. After that I would just walk away, he probably would contact the news searching for me, but I wouldn't never surface because I don't want fame or people knowing I did an kind thing. I just want to be able to change an person's life and give them an chance. 10K can really help them get back on their feet, heck even just 10 dollars can make an homeless persons day by giving him or her something to eat.

If I wanted to go further, I would try to help them find and job. Give them money, they live nice for an couple of years. Give them an job and roof over their head, they will live comfortably for the rest of their lives. Only reason I might want an camera is if I want to relive the moment of changing someone's life for the better.

Bro you can do it. Obviously not 10 grand at a time, but you can do this. My cousin came up with this idea. Every week when he got his pay check he would put aside whatever he felt led to. 5, 10, 20 bucks, or what ever. After a few weeks he would have a nice little knot. Then when ever he saw a need, he would provide. Buying a stranger that looks in need a tank of gas, or food ect ect. When he told me about it, I thought what a great idea, and have done the same myself ever since. I put aside whatever I can happily. Thats the key. Then I ask God to show me where he wants the money to go. There is no feeling like it that I know of.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

Bro you can do it. Obviously not 10 grand at a time, but you can do this. My cousin came up with this idea. Every week when he got his pay check he would put aside whatever he felt led to. 5, 10, 20 bucks, or what ever. After a few weeks he would have a nice little knot. Then when ever he saw a need, he would provide. Buying a stranger that looks in need a tank of gas, or food ect ect. When he told me about it, I thought what a great idea, and have done the same myself ever since. I put aside whatever I can happily. Thats the key. Then I ask God to show me where he wants the money to go. There is no feeling like it that I know of.

This reminds me of the end of the movie SCROOGED where Bill Murray talks about helping others - it is one of my fav Christmas movies because of that scene...

• Like 1