Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian soldiers ordered to leave Canada

Thanato

Nine Russians soldiers participating in military exercises have been ordered to leave Canada by the end of today, as Canada continues to denounce the Russian occupation of the Crimean peninsula.

According to a government source, the soldiers were given notice on Thursday, just days after Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced he was suspending all planned bilateral activities between the Canadian Armed Forces and the military of the Russian Federation.

There are six soldiers in Saint Jean, Que., two at CFB Gagetown in New Brunswick, and one soldier in Gatineau, Que.

The government will also be suspending Canada's participation in the Canada-Russia Intergovernmental Economic Commission, established to promote economic relations between Canada and Russia.

Canada has sent two military observers, part of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, to monitor the Russian military situation in Ukraine.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/russian-soldiers-ordered-to-leave-canada-by-end-of-day-1.2563620

• Like 2

Good for Canada. They have just been more decisive and clear about a message for Russia about the current situation than the USA. Pay attention Barack.
  • Like 1

Good for Canada. They have just been more decisive and clear about a message for Russia about the current situation than the USA. Pay attention Barack.

I'd take Harper ANY DAY over the joke we have in the White House. I swear, there are going to be PARTIES in the street when this guy's term of office ends. EVEN if it's only a transfer of power to Hillary. NO ONE could be worse for this nation than he has been.
  • Like 1

I'd take Harper ANY DAY over the joke we have in the White House. I swear, there are going to be PARTIES in the street when this guy's term of office ends. EVEN if it's only a transfer of power to Hillary. NO ONE could be worse for this nation than he has been.

Barack should kick out our Russian soldiers in the US? Then what? Then we'll say "yeah man, that Barack Obama, he like Canada, he good!"

Uh huh.

When Obama doesn't do enough, republicans have a quantitative problem. The moment Obama did what amounted to enough or more than enough, republicans would have qualitative problems. Obama is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. These endless political attacks are getting old. Obama is a perfectly average President to try to run this gigantic gangpile of spending we've created in this country. If he didn't keep the entire establishment propped up like he has, then we'd have some real damn reasons to complain about Barack Obama. And by we, I don't mean me, because I would be praising him. Compared to Obama, Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Joe Liebermann are national security threats on legs.

Let's find out exactly WTF we think the US should be doing about this without making this out to be another political football for the partisans to play with.

• Like 4

But he's such a dictator, don't you know that by now?!

You're right, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

• Like 1

When Obama doesn't do enough, republicans have a quantitative problem. The moment Obama did what amounted to enough or more than enough, republicans would have qualitative problems. Obama is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. These endless political attacks are getting old. Obama is a perfectly average President to try to run this gigantic gangpile of spending we've created in this country. If he didn't keep the entire establishment propped up like he has, then we'd have some real damn reasons to complain about Barack Obama. And by we, I don't mean me, because I would be praising him. Compared to Obama, Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Joe Liebermann are national security threats on legs.

Let's find out exactly WTF we think the US should be doing about this without making this out to be another political football for the partisans to play with.

Well said Yamato !

• Like 2

Well said Yamato !

Thanks. But I come with a big disclaimer, I've already severed any chance of clique or cronyism with the liberal democrats on this website long ago.

Then a big infestation of republicans broke out, with little more than ninjadude to stand in their way. He, not being a very consequential threat to their ideology, I decided to run that gauntlet myself. American exceptionalists hiding behind their bipartisan compromise seem to despise being questioned on principle. Good. I think challenging this thinking with questions on matters of principle is the right prescription to cure this rampant hypocrisy. And sure as sh!t in the woods, every time I reveal there is no principle, I'm suddenly the problem.

• Like 1

I dont think we should do anything. The Ukraine situation dosent really effect us. But if a county was to do something I think the Canadians move was a smart one.

But my problem with Obama is when he draws "red lines" and he dosent follow through. It hurts our creditability.

I don't want these threats followed through but I would rather he dosent make these dumb red lines in the first place.

Russia is Americas enemy and when I say America I include Canada in this. Kick out the Russians before Putin decides he needs to invade to protect them and starts his propaganda machine to convince everyone he is their savior instead of their tormentor.

No matter what Obama decides to do the republicans will find fault with it because the last republican president was such a idiot so they need to save face by ragging on Obama. Not that I think Obama is all that but don't make Bush out to be some sort of great president.

This could very well turn into a war with Russia if they don't back off. I think Putin would like nothing better than to have the old Soviet Union back. Remember he is ex KGB.

• Like 1