Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

ok so what happened there?

Facts;

• Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

• Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

• Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally buoyant and will float in water

• Fact #4: If a missile destroyed Flight 370, the missile would have left a radar signature

• Fact #5: The location of the aircraft when it vanished is not a mystery

• Fact #6: If Flight 370 was hijacked, it would not have vanished from radar

• Fact #7: According to the Daily Star, as many as 19 families have come forward to tell investigators that the mobile phones of those on board were still ringing

• Like 1

I just got home from work and saw the breaking news about this satelitte pic. If it's not the plane, I wonder what it is. Sounds pretty big. I would think ships would be heading there now so we should find out in the near future.

Vietnam has now said it's backing off the search because of conflicting information coming out of Malaysia.

This story has more twists and turns than a well written fictional mystery novel.

What strikes me about this satellite picture story is that images were captured around 11 a.m. on March 9 -- which was the day after the plane went missing -- but weren't released until Wednesday ? Really :no:

Here is the full story : http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

China says they wanted to investigate the photos thoroughly before releasing them. They may not have wanted to release them with the clarity that we know their satelittes must have the capacity for. That's what CNN is saying now. If the water is only 200ft. deep, isn't it possible this wreckage could be underwater and that's what's distorting the pic? The water is 200ft deep and the plane has a wingspan tip to tip of 212ft. Part of it could be sticking out.

• Like 1

More weird news on the fate of the missing plane.Now it is being said that the plane flew more than four hours after it went off the radar.How they know this is because the engines relay information on how long they are going.So,it is like a 2,000 mile search area now.And if this information is true,that means it did not just blow up in mid air. The engines would not have kept running. It just makes no sense at all.Very strange indeed.

• Like 1

So many different pieces of information in the media. This is today's news -

Mr Hussein told reporters at Kuala Lumpur International Airport that the Chinese embassy in the Malaysian capital had said the satellite images were released by mistake and "did not show any debris from MH370"

And from the same article -

Hishammuddin Hussein also denied a US report that the Boeing 777 might have flown for hours after contact with air traffic control was lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-26559627

• Like 1

This is just getting ridiculous. Is this all political wish wash? I'm beginning to doubt if that plane crashed and isn't sitting on a tarmack somewhere. Malaysia has now asked the NTSB and the FAA to assist. I guess nothing was found at the site shown on the sat pic.

• Like 3

It's the relatives I feel sorry for. Imagine what it must be like for them waiting like this. First they hear one thing and then another, it's frustrating enough for the rest of us so must be awful for them, as if what's happened isn't bad enough already. It's just not right.

• Like 4

What those families are going through is unexcusable. Everything coming out in the days since that plane went missing is BS. We know that someone turned off those transponders to cause this. This is a manmade mystery that is showing every evidence of being a coverup. I don't think that plane went down anymore.

• Like 3

We also have another thread about this in the Conspiracies forum. The way this is going I think that's probably nearer the mark.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=263484

If this is some kind of coverup, it's a very cruel one.

• Like 2

What if there never really was a flight MH370 to begin with?

I'm not sure the family's of the missing agree with you.

• Like 1

Also strange was the cellphones still ring...really strange.Anyway, here is the link to the Google Earth pic and story:

http://www.thestar.c...on-google-maps/

Not so, the ringing is where the call is trying to find the other end, in this case it cant find the receiving end

Not so, the ringing is where the call is trying to find the other end, in this case it cant find the receiving end

Hmm...i wonder what is going on here?So many conflicts in this evolving situation. A part of me entertains the thought that this might be a politcal move on some countrys part?Like maybe it was forced down(to land) and they are being held...and no one is talking...yet.

Yeah and that list starts in 1856.And 90% of the planes listed are before the date of 1968.And if you add in the factor of passenger airliners, less than 5% total since 1983.So this day and age of high-tech communication, superior radar and tracking, not to mention all the satellite technology we now have,this should be solved.And it really is unusual for any plane that size to just Twilight-Zone.
  • Like 3

I was under the impression that mobile only "rung" (ie you get a ringing signal) if the network has been able to connect to the phone but it's not being answered.

I have to admit I thought about this at work today Biff. Can we really prove this plane ever left Malaysia? All we have is what those officials say they saw on radar.

Since I just got home I need to catch up on what's going on now.

I was under the impression that mobile only "rung" (ie you get a ringing signal) if the network has been able to connect to the phone but it's not being answered.

If the caller's phone rings, the network is looking for the other phone. If the receiver's phone rings, a connection of some sort was made. We don't know if any of their phones actually rang.

Where is all this information coming from that says the plane did fly on for another 4-5 hours that we're now in the Indian Ocean? I have some research to do, I guess. Could be anywhere from the Himilayas to the Indian Ocean...would autopilot keep it flying that long alone?

Same here..from my experience when a phone is powered off, it goes straight to VM

It sure is a mystery the last was of the plane turning lelf off its course, could it have made a complete circle and turn the other way towards the Philippines ?

Edited by docyabut2

What was he practicing? Flying under radar?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/pilot-missing-flight-tech-geek-had-777-simulator-home-n48241

I agree with one of the panelist on CNN. We need to get in there and see what info can be gotten out of this.

Yeah and that list starts in 1856.And 90% of the planes listed are before the date of 1968.And if you add in the factor of passenger airliners, less than 5% total since 1983.So this day and age of high-tech communication, superior radar and tracking, not to mention all the satellite technology we now have,this should be solved.And it really is unusual for any plane that size to just Twilight-Zone.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/03/malaysia_airways_flight_370_disappearance_is_unlike_anything_in_aviation.html

This article describes how the supposedly universal coverage of flying aircraft isn't quite so universal.