Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

A senior Malaysian police official source said inquiries are now increasingly looking at the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight hundreds of miles off its scheduled course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-sources-claim-military-radar-data-shows-plane-was-diverted-to-andaman-islands-9192974.html

• Like 2

Saw this being said on CNN today also. Somehow it's now suspected that Flt. 370 was flying west along air corridors commonly used by pilots traveling to Europe and the Middle East. Someone who knew how to fly a plane must have been in control of the aircraft for this to happen. I keep thinking about the pilot and his home flight simulator.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/us-malaysia-airlines-radar-exclusive-idUSBREA2D0DG20140314

The BBC has a similar story

Lost Malaysia plane 'may have flown on for five hours'

The missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have been flying for more than five hours after it disappeared, the BBC has learned. It is believed the plane was sending automated signals to a satellite system long after radar contact was lost.

This would mean the jet could have flown more than 1,600km (1,000 miles) beyond its last confirmed position. On Friday, US surveillance teams were sent to the Indian Ocean, much further west than the initial searches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-26583342

Edited by seeder

Some of this information is making me think the same thing happened to this flight that occurred with Payne Stewart's plane. A sudden loss of cabin pressure could have rendered them all unconscious, and the plane could have continued traveling. Of course, it doesn't explain why the transponders were turned off.

This is freaking nuts. A real unsolved mystery. I'm not sure why this isn't getting more attention on here.

It'd be crazy if the plane is intact still on one of those remote islands and it's all part of a bigger plot.

• Like 2

They would have known something was wrong with that kind of change in altitude, the passengers that is. I cannot believe not one of them wouldn't try to use their cellphones. The jet went on for 4-5 more hours after that too.

• Like 1

Good point Mario. Maybe someone was in the cabin with them, but like the 9/11 flights, someone would have tried. A loved one's phone would have at least showed a missed call. I think there is still doubt that these altitude changes took place.

With a little more thought, I want to add that anything unusual, including a mechanical failure or electical failure, probably would have prompted at least one of 239 people, to pull out their cellphone. This adds to the mystery.

Edited by susieice

That plane was deliberately turned after the pilot had said good night. If some thing was wrong with the plane, there would have been a distress call, or if it just exploded or went down there would have been debris in the waters around that location. Four Iranians on broad with false pass ports ? Should `nt some one be worry they`d put their newly developed possiable nuke bomb on it and try and dropped it somewhere?

UPDATE:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

"Investigators trying to solve the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Boeing 777 and steered it off course, according to a Malaysian government official"

From someone allowed to comment on the situation:

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

He said the "movements are consistent with the deliberate action of someone on the plane".

The plane disappeared a week ago with 239 people on board.

The Kuala Lumpur-Beijing flight last made contact with air traffic control over the South China Sea to the east of Malaysia, about one hour after take-off.

Mr Razak told a news conference that new satellite evidence shows "with a high degree of certainty" that the aircraft's communications systems were disabled and then it changed course, flying back over Malaysia towards India.

LINK (BBC): http://www.bbc.com/n...d-asia-26591056

So where does this leave the investigation?

1. The Pilot has the possibility to covertly announce a Hijack situation (double press on one of the control buttons - not saying which) the ATC control centre then causes the Aircraft data displayed to flash with "Hjk" added to the data display

2. The ability to disable ALL communications modes, including GPS) requires someone with intimate knowledge of 777 systems (Egineer or Flight Crew)

3. The EDB (Emergency Distress Beacon) has not been activated - it is also located in an area that is inaccessible during flight - does this mean that the aircraft has not actually crashed? I hope that is the case.

4. With sufficient fuel aboard (fuelling records need to be released but I am assuming 100,000 litres of JetA1 for this particular route) it could continue flying for up to 7 hours. That is dependent on its height above ground, as the thicker atmosphere below 20,000 feet severely restricts the range. A possible max of 7 - 9000 Kilometres given the fuel assumption above.

This all just compounds the mystery: why has there been no confirmed radar reports (Military or Civil); who onboard was known to be an Aero - Avionics Engineer with strong Boeing 777 knowledge; which countries lie within the possible flight time of the aircraft that would have accepted it for landing; why has the Emergency Distress Beacon NOT been activated?....

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast" (Alexander Pope)

Edited by keithisco

which makes the suspect the pilots

the cockpit is locked or should be and theres special squawks pilots use in an emergency 7700 is an sos 7500 is communication error 7600 is hijacking

which makes the suspect the pilots

the cockpit is locked or should be and theres special squawks pilots use in an emergency 7700 is an sos 7500 is communication error 7600 is hijacking

7500= Hijack

7600= Lost Comms

7700= Emergency

I would start by looking at the professions of the passengers on the manifest to see if any aeronautical Avionics Engineers were aboard. If it can be established that there weren't any, then try to determine from the Comms between ATC and the Pilots aboard if there was anything unusual in their exchanges (I believe, at the moment, that there was nothing suspicious), and also determine if there might be other dynamics (financial or personal) in their background.

Edited by keithisco

If it was in the air for a further 5 hours is decompression not a possibility? A bit like the Greek Helios flight that went on for ages after the crew and passengers lost conscious and eventually died.

Could it be they turned back and tried to descend but past out before managing it and the plane carried on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-359274/Greek-plane-flying-tomb-crash.html

• Like 1

If it was in the air for a further 5 hours is decompression not a possibility? A bit like the Greek Helios flight that went on for ages after the crew and passengers lost conscious and eventually died.

Could it be they turned back and tried to descend but past out before managing it and the plane carried on.

http://www.dailymail...tomb-crash.html

Would`nt the pilot had sent out a distress call for any reason for turning back? What happen to communication boxes that suddenly went dead at that moment ?

So now there is talk about pilot suicide... What?!Are you kidding me?You would not turn off transponders, then go into another direction just to kill yourself. (And everyone on the plane) That plane is hijacked and probably not damaged.I can only wonder why the did it.As there is no Ransom demands.This is one possible outcome:They planed on a hijacking ( for whatever reason) and then they ran out of fuel and crashed... Again i said possible.That plane could be intact and everyone alive...i hope they are.Anyway, here is the last bit of news...

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-leader-planes-disappearance-deliberate-064752321.html

I haven't followed this story closely and I don't know anything about aviation/aviation disaster possible causes, but it seems to me there's a lot that can't or won't be known until they locate the plane.

I think the plane crashed into the ocean and I don't know why they haven't been able to locate it, just that they haven't.

Edited by regi

Why would anyone hijack a plane,if not for planning to use the plane for a weapon, just like on 911.

The vast majority of hijackings is to cause the aircraft to land at a different destination, that does not have landing approval - not for use as a weapon.

• Like 1

Why would anyone hijack a plane,if not for planning to use the plane for a weapon, just like on 911.

Six examples come to mind.

1. To publicise a cause.

2. To exchange the passengers for prisoners.

3. To punish the passengers as representatives of a hated regime/race/religion/insert group of choice.

4. To steal something valuable in the cargo.

5. To obtain a rich ransom.

6. To defect/escape to a country of choice.

Read up on a few hijackings from the 1950s to the 1990s and you may find a few more.

Heres an interesting theory..

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: “Patents Patents Patents?”

This update on Malaysia Airlines flight 370 is about an online message and e-mail that is currently circulating on the internet.

The message is posted below:

• “Have you pieced together the puzzle of missing flight 370 to Beijing China ?? If not, here are your missing pieces.
    Patents Patents Patents
    Four days after the missing flight MH370 a patent is approved by the Patent Office, 4 of the 5 Patent holders are Chinese employees of Freescale Semiconductor of Austin TX.
    Patent is divided up on 20% increments to 5 holders.
    Peidong Wang, Suzhou, China, (20%)
    Zhijun Chen, Suzhou, China, (20%)
    Zhihong Cheng, Suzhou, China, (20%)
    Li Ying, Suzhou, China, (20%)
    Freescale Semiconductor (20%)
    If a patent holder dies, then the remaining holders equally share the dividends of the deceased if not disputed in a will.
    If 4 of the 5 dies, then the remaining 1 Patent holder gets 100% of the wealth of the patent.
    That remaining live Patent holder is Freescale Semiconductor.
    Who owns Freescale Semiconductor ??
    Jacob Rothschild through Blackstone who owns Freescale.
    Here is your motive for the missing Beijing plane.
    As all 4 Chinese members of the Patent were passengers on the missing plane.
    Patent holders can alter the proceeds legally by passing wealth to their heirs. However, they cannot do so until the Patent is approved. So when the plane went missing, the patent had not been approved.
    Thus, Rothschild gets 100% of Patent once Patent holders declared deceased.”

The patent that got this online message started is this one, US 008671381, from March 11, 2014:

The names listed on the patent, i.e. Wang Peidong, Chen Zhijun, Cheng Zhihong and Ying Li are the same as in the online message. However, according to the March 8, 2014, passenger manifest (original) of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 these persons were not on that plane. If they were then their names are not listed.

Were there Freescale employees on board? Yes. And also at least one from IBM.

Continue reading: http://www.4key.net/...atents-patents/

http://www.4key.net/...nes-flight-370/

Edited by Phaeton80

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I see other sources are saying the same thing this morning. At the end of this article it says China is now demanding that Malaysia release more information.

Someone smart enough to take this plane like this should have been smart enough to land it. I sure hope that's what happened and the plane isn't in the ocean, but all we can do is wait and see if anything can be found.

• Like 2