Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

I can't find where to go to page 166 on that thread Asadora.

• Like 1

What was that about NSA, Google Earth and the US Military in relation to not finding things ;)

Edit:

Ooops I can't either, I think 165 is the latest page. If the thread is heavily moderated the page count can reduce, or Asador made a typo or you might get more pages if you sign up, or something else completely...

I tried manually editing the URL to 166 and still no joy.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

Oh, it's not a specific page, that was the page that I was most up to date on. The -entire- thread is a great source of useful information, so you'll have to pour over it. That thread started on March 7 and it follows all the way up to what is current, so that is why there are over 100 pages to go through. But it is interesting to read the start of the thread to see what has been said when the plane was first reported missing.

The highly detailed wiki at the top of the thread gives all the factual and verified information, stuff that is somewhat too technical for any mass media to try to explain.

I learned that you can get to the belly of a 777 from the cabin. I fly on 777s a lot and I never knew that. I thought you could only get to the belly of the plane from the cockpit. So, just an example of what can be gleamed from that thread.

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

What was that about NSA, Google Earth and the US Military ;)

Ooops I can't either, I think 165 is the latest page. If the thread is heavily moderated the page count can reduce, or Asador made a typo or you might get more pages if you sign up, or something else completely...

Yes when I first started reading the thread a couple of days ago, the page count was 303, then when I refreshed the page count had gone down to 156. There is a huge warning at the top of the thread stating that any speculation or conspiracy theories or mean posts will be deleted.

I wasn't pointing to a specific page, just the thread in general - cause what isn't deleted by the mods is some very good info that answers a lot of questions that people seem to be answering or trying to figure out.

Kind Regards.

edited: failed to spell.

Edited by Asadora
  • Like 1

What was that about NSA, Google Earth and the US Military in relation to not finding things ;)

Edit:

I've been known to lose my keys. Bet the NSA could tell me where they are! :lol:

• Like 1

In my opinion the plane was hijacked and landed some where in the Himalayas,Perhaps in this long going unrest to excede from China, to be a Islamic state, holding the people hostage and a planned to use the plane as a weapon later.

http://www.nytimes.c...china.html?_r=1

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/17/lawmaker-missing-airliner-may-have-landed-in-southeast-asia-for-use-as-weapon/

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1558464-mh-370-kul-pek-missing-search-operations-ongoing-please-see-wiki-13.html

Think I got the right page here from Asadora's link. I asked this same question. Would the cabin crew be able to feel the plane make a turn it shouldn't be making? Look at the answer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1558464-mh-370-kul-pek-missing-search-operations-ongoing-please-see-wiki-13.html

Think I got the right page here from Asadora's link. I asked this same question. Would the cabin crew be able to feel the plane make a turn it shouldn't be making? Look at the answer.

From my experience in flying on planes, if the turn is slow enough, you'd never notice. I've been on flights that have taken off and gone into clouds, then when you come out of the cloud you've made a 90 degree turn and your window is facing the ground. I personally couldn't feel those turns and it always kinda frightened me to see the ground filling up my window, when 30 seconds before, it wasn't there. Lol

I still personally think that there was some sort of mechanical failure, in the form of a fire which disabled the electronics in the plane. Supposedly there was a pause between the, "all right" and the "goodnight." I think that they had a problem in between the pause and were trying to figure it out. After that, the fire caused a decompression and the electronics went haywire and sent the plane up to 43,000 ft, whatever altitude it was. By then, everyone on board was dead or dying. Then the plane, since it was on autopilot, perhaps got stuck in the approach mode on the autopilot, hence the low altitude and the damage done to the autopilot had it stuck there, and it just kept on flying. Mind you, a plane this advanced has never really suffered some sort of non pilot induced failure before. Who knows what the electronics could have done by themselves after the failure. Just my opinion and little theory however.

I know this is from a game, but the controls are the real deal on a 777. Just look at all of the autopilot modes. Imagine if that thing were to go haywire.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Boeing_777-200

Or this, http://www.meriweather.com/flightdeck/777/glare/mode.html

Edited by andy4

Heres the story about 'the other' plane that also vanished some years ago

"At Luanda airstrip, Angola, an American engineer Ben Charles Padilla and his new Congolese assistant John Mikel Mutantu, boarded the Boeing 727. It had the tail number 844AA. The men were meant to get the plane in shape for its next flight.

Neither engineer had a commercial pilot’s license or permission to be in the cockpit — yet suddenly the 153-foot plane taxied to the runway and took off.

Just before its sunset takeoff, the aircraft’s headlights and transponders were switched off.

Both men failed to answer calls from air controllers.

Authorities watched as the jet headed southwest towards the Atlantic Ocean. It was the last sighting of 844AA.

More

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/another-plane-like-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-vanished-with-gps-tracking/story-fnizu68q-1226856947629

THanks for the restraint shown by the many experienced contributors on these threads ~ I bow ~

I have spent the previous few days actively debating much of this puzzle at my local forums ~ professionals and pilots and active educators in the field. One thing to bear in mind when attributing 'efficiency' in dealing with this strange turn of events is that it is not only a very rare chain of events ... it is absolutely unprecedented ... it takes a whole lot of events and personal in place before something like this can be possibly achieved ~ that is why the Malaysian Authorities has taken the stance of 'human intervention' ~ currently there is still as of yet no conclusive evidence that the plane is lost/crashed or taken/stolen as no parties has stepped forward to offer proof or claim responsibility ~

16 March 2014| last updated at 09:00PM

MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin's statement

MH370 Press breifing by Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, Defence Minister and Acting Transport Minister, 16 March 2014 5.30PM

I know many of you have submitted questions, and I will try to answer some of those questions in my statement today.

Every day brings new angles, especially as we are refocusing and expanding the search area – and as always, we have a responsibility to release only information that has been corroborated and verified. We cannot respond to every request immediately, so I ask you to bear with us.

Concluding remarks

I would like to conclude by reiterating that the search for MH370 has entered a new phase.

The information released yesterday has provided new leads, and given new direction to the search process.

We will provide more detail on the redeployment of assets when it becomes available. Facts must be corroborated and verified before being released.

When possible, we will keep the media fully briefed, but our priority remains the search and rescue operation. To that end, we have been engaged in diplomatic and investigative efforts over the past 24 hours.

Verifying and corroborating the 'evidences' as they slowly became apparent that it was not a crash in the South China Sea was difficult and slow regarding the many Nations and borders involved ... Diplomatic Notes have to take into consideration of every Nation involved.

The initial days most of the investigation veered from crash to hijacking to equipment/mechanical failure ... with the experts facing as much improbable conclusions as there are theories as to what happened to flight MH370 ~

As of yet even with all the resources and expertise offered by the world and even highly sensitive National Security Radar data were examined we are still no closer to revealing what happened.

17 March 2014| last updated at 10:55PM

MISSING MH370: There's still hope for MAS airliner

KUALA LUMPUR: The fact that there was no distress call, demand for ransom or any group claiming responsibility for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has given hope that the plane could be found.

"There is still hope for MH370 since there was no distress call, ransom or any group claiming responsibility," said Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein at a press briefing on the search for the missing aircraft here today.

Hope was also in the air when the search and rescue multinational operations involving 26 countries, begun today, focusing in the so-called southern corridor, involving the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) and the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).

Australia and Indonesia have also agreed to lead the search in the two sectors of the 'southern corridor' in their respective regions.

In the last 24 hours, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has spoken to his counterpart from Australia and the Premier of China.

In the absence of definitive evidence regarding a crash site ~ we can only hope ~

MH370’s endless enigma: Nine things to know about the international effort to find missing Malaysia Airlines jet

National Post Staff | March 17, 2014 9:46 PM ET

"enigma" ~ now that is a word not used recently for quite some years ~

~

~edit - weariness

Edited by third_eye

On the news this morning , I believe I heard it right, Thailand may have spotted a unknown aircraft on their radar. :unsure2:

Yes, I felt every turn. ascending too 45,000 feet above ground level before cut off doesn't make sense. I'm calling UFO abuction or first contact with alien species 😔 but most likely it crashed because at that level they would pass out.

I don't know if this has been posted, but I saw this in the comments on a local news site... This is a VERY interesting theory with a lot of research behind it. This armchair investigator thinks that the missing jet may have shadowed another Singapore Air jet to stay off of radar and break away after it would have been out of danger and safe from being shot down my military missiles. It's worth a read.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

I was alerted to the below page after reading #MH370 on Twitter:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/malaysia-plane-fire-2014-3

Here is a direct link to Chris Goodfellow who is a former pilot suggesting his theory:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13cv1gohsmbv5jmy221vrfyiz3vdhbop04 (if that link doesn't work for you, then just use the link that is also listed on the business insider link above)

Here is a snippet of Mr. Goodfellow's theory:

"This theory fits the facts.

Shortly after takeoff, as Malaysia 370 was flying out over the ocean, smoke began filling the cockpit, perhaps from a tire on the front landing gear that had ignited on takeoff

The flight’s captain immediately did exactly what he had been trained to do: Find the closest airport and turn the plane toward it so he could land.

The closest appropriate airport was called Pulau Langkawi. It had a massive 13,000-foot runway. The captain programmed the destination into the flight computer. The auto-pilot turned the plane west and put it on a course right for the runway (the same heading the plane turned to)

The captain and co-pilot tried to find the source of the smoke and fire, but it soon filled the cockpit and overwhelmed them (a tire fire would do this). It also shorted out cockpit systems one by one, including the transponder. The pilots passed out or died.

With no one awake to instruct the auto-pilot to land, the plane kept flying on its last programmed course… right over Pulau Langkawi and out over the Indian Ocean. Eventually, 6 or 7 hours after the incident, it ran out of fuel and crashed."

I'm just sharing here. Personally, I'm not really sure what to think of the above theory as it doesn't explain the difference of altitudes. However, it is a possible theory it would seem.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Could there have been two or more hijackers with guns hidden before the plane took off, maybe by some mechanical worker, in where the Acars system is located under the plane ? Is`nt that right directly under the cockpit and under a metal hatch? They could have disabled the system and jumped out and took over the pilots.

Edited by docyabut2

I don't know if this has been posted, but I saw this in the comments on a local news site... This is a VERY interesting theory with a lot of research behind it. This armchair investigator thinks that the missing jet may have shadowed another Singapore Air jet to stay off of radar and break away after it would have been out of danger and safe from being shot down my military missiles. It's worth a read.

http://keithledgerwo...sing-sia68-sq68

I seen that they said it would show on the radar one blob, not two.

http://www.businessi...ane-fire-2014-3

Here is a direct link to Chris Goodfellow who is a former pilot suggesting his theory:

https://plus.google....vrfyiz3vdhbop04 (if that link doesn't work for you, then just use the link that is also listed on the business insider link above)

Shortly after takeoff, as Malaysia 370 was flying out over the ocean, smoke began filling the cockpit, perhaps from a tire on the front landing gear that had ignited on takeoff

The flight’s captain immediately did exactly what he had been trained to do: Find the closest airport and turn the plane toward it so he could land.

The closest appropriate airport was called Pulau Langkawi. It had a massive 13,000-foot runway. The captain programmed the destination into the flight computer. The auto-pilot turned the plane west and put it on a course right for the runway (the same heading the plane turned to)

The captain and co-pilot tried to find the source of the smoke and fire, but it soon filled the cockpit and overwhelmed them (a tire fire would do this). It also shorted out cockpit systems one by one, including the transponder. The pilots passed out or died.

With no one awake to instruct the auto-pilot to land, the plane kept flying on its last programmed course… right over Pulau Langkawi and out over the Indian Ocean. Eventually, 6 or 7 hours after the incident, it ran out of fuel and crashed."

I'm just sharing here. Personally, I'm not really sure what to think of the above theory as it doesn't explain the difference of altitudes. However, it is a possible theory it would seem.

Kind Regards.

If that happen would the pilot have sent a immediate distress call?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/18/australia-launches-search-for-malaysian-jet-as-confusion-mounts-over-timeline/

China is expanding it's search. Families are threatening a hunger strike if they don't get more information. Not sure what that's going to accomplish.

I dont think that everyone have said what they know. Maybe some countries hides something.

http://www.businessi...ane-fire-2014-3

https://plus.google....vrfyiz3vdhbop04 (if that link doesn't work for you, then just use the link that is also listed on the business insider link above)

Kind Regards.

Auto pilots are programmed with headings, vertical speed, climb and descent rates and altitudes. Seems like it could fit what they know so far. The fire may well have shorted out the radio before they noticed it and they couldn't call in a mayday.

I don't believe it carried on to a runway in foreign country, the countries around have very tight military borders, many are on a knife edge and we are saying they sailed through it without alerting anyone? A plane, especially that size would have been intercepted.

I am also reading that 'red tape' is now hampering the search as countries like Indonesia are not happy to grant flight space to search aircraft. Maybe the reason why nothing has been found so far.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

From what I'm reading Thailand has now said it picked the plane up in their airspace. That's a big problem. No one wants to tell their military secrets. Even if they did see something they won't say it. What bothers me is now this flight has proven a plane can disappear and no one will find you or trace you. This is a dangerous precedent of what could happen.

From what I'm reading Thailand has now said it picked the plane up in their airspace. That's a big problem. No one wants to tell their military secrets. Even if they did see something they won't say it. What bothers me is now this flight has proven a plane can disappear and no one will find you or trace you. This is a dangerous precedent of what could happen.

We've who believe in the Bermuda Triangle have said these things for years.

I doubt they picked it up in their airspace, as it wouldn't make sense for them too fly too Thailand. Heck even that is a red herring.