Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

I'm confused. We have satellites that can take hi res photos of a license plate.

We have the NSA in America finding key words and phrases uttered by anyone online.

We have GPS, find my phone, tracking beacons....

We can replace a heart for someone.

We have thousands of planes and ships crossing that area....

We find an intact passport in the rubble of 9/11

We have a magic bullet that killed JFK

We found the Titantic...

But a 777....I don't understand.

Everything we can do today and we lose an airplane....

Something's stinky

These are not equivalent problems. As I said in response to someone else saying something similar, just because the LA Clippers are a poor basketball team doesn't mean the Buffalo Bills won't win the Superbowl.

While it may be reasonable to assume that all flying aircraft are on radar screens no matter where they are on Earth, the fact remains that this isn't the case. Large sections of the Earth's surface - mostly over oceans - are not covered by radar. And to my knowledge there's no practical way to provide that coverage.

Some people have suggested that aircraft should constantly broadcast their Voice and Flight Data information rather than recording it on the black boxes. That would allow us to always know where all aircraft are and what their status is, but the problem is that we simply don't have enough satellites to transmit that data. It would be like applying a universal and mandatory speed limit of 20 km/h on roads: it would certainly greatly reduce deaths on the road but at a substantial economic cost. Humans are risk takers and the benefit provided is simply not worth the cost.

As for images recorded by satellites, only a small number of spy satellites have resolution near what you describe. Yes, a much lower resolution would be sufficient to spot the aircraft, but the plane disappeared at night, so we'd need data from a satellite imaging in infra-red. Secondly, we do NOT have constant 24 hour satellite imaging coverage of the entire planet (just to make it clear, Google Earth is not renewed every few days). Some satellites are in geosynchronous orbits, which means they stay above a certain point on the Earth's equator (like the Inmarsat which picked up the jet's pings for a few hours) but they're way too high to see anything in normal light or infra-red. Satellites in Low Earth Orbit would be close enough to directly image the jet. But they are constantly moving over the Earth's surface, which means they're likely to be over a given point on the Earth's surface only once every day or even a few days.

So the likelihood that any particular satellite just happened to image a part of the Earth's surface while the jet was flying through that location is extremely low. Nevertheless, it looks like people from several countries are checking through images to see if they can find anything. Given the current search area is roughly the same area as Australia (or the Continental USA) that's a lot of images to look at.

• Like 2

That doesn't sound free my friend. Just saying, a free press is allowed to voice their agenda or opinion. You sound mad I am daring to suggest your country isn't as free as you claim.

You don't count costs and disregard values just as you can't count values without knowing costs ~ of course a free press is allowed to voice their agenda or opinion, they must also be held accountable just as anyone else to be as responsible and hold themselves up to any consequences caused by their 'voice' or 'agenda'

Mad ? Nawww ...

YOu are are unfamiliar with my country ... and in this case I don't make claims ... I know ~

~

I was not aware of place called Pine Gap until I read this article:

http://www.queenslandcountrylife.com.au/news/world/world/general/flight-mh370-malaysia-wants-access-to-data-from-pine-gap/2692325.aspx?storypage=1

I was watching the BBC news on the real TV and they had a very brief, breaking news one minute segment on new developments regarding MH370. Then the BBC went to the weather and after the weather never came back to saying more detail of their new developments. So, I jumped online and the only thing I could find in relevance was the above article.

At this point, personally, if any government body is going to know more than what is being divulged at this point would be the US and it's pretty crappy that they aren't saying anything further, though understandable but its still crappy:/

Pardon my mini-rant. Intention for this post was to share the above article.

Kind Regards.

What I don`n get is Thailand on their radar have the plane turning left and the witnesses of the Maldives islands saying they saw the plane or don`nt they really believe them?.It would put the plane some where in the Arabian sea,

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

Authorities in the Maldives are now investigating reports that islanders saw a "low-flying jumbo jet" on the day MH370 vanished.

Police and the civil aviation authority were investigating reported sightings on a remote island, however the islands' National Defence Force said that no trace of Flight MH370 had been picked up on radar

The investigations were sparked by a report by the Haveeru news website which said that several local residents had spotted a large plane flying over the remote southern island of Kuda Huvadhoo on March 8.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10704769/Malaysian-Airlines-MH370-live.html

Edited by docyabut2

Regarding the article from daily uk....

Looks like the same picture as Courtney Loves

Edited by Maureen_jacobs

I was not aware of place called Pine Gap until I read this article:

http://www.queenslan...spx?storypage=1

I was watching the BBC news on the real TV and they had a very brief, breaking news one minute segment on new developments regarding MH370. Then the BBC went to the weather and after the weather never came back to saying more detail of their new developments. So, I jumped online and the only thing I could find in relevance was the above article.

At this point, personally, if any government body is going to know more than what is being divulged at this point would be the US and it's pretty crappy that they aren't saying anything further, though understandable but its still crappy:/

Pardon my mini-rant. Intention for this post was to share the above article.

Kind Regards.

Yeah, Pine Gap is no secret, but I don't know how it would help. Australia had no RADAR pointing in that direction at the time the plane went missing, the closest we had was pointing North, but we needed North West to see the plane on the suspected trajectory.

http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav

The Australians think they found something. It's breaking right now on cnn. Planes are on their way out to the site.

Far, but could be a possibility considering the plane flew seven more hours .

The area where the debris was spotted is about halfway between Australia and desolate islands off the Antarctic.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/20/australian-pm-says-2-objects-in-search-for-malaysian-jet-may-have-been-found/

Edited by docyabut2

http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav

The Australians think they found something. It's breaking right now on cnn. Planes are on their way out to the site.

The guy at the press conference was beginning to get p***y towards the end of the questions. Any way an object 24 meters across seems a good chance. But it could be off anything. Could even be a dead whale maybe. Unless they knew it was metallic. But it could have been a whale who was wearing armour.

Anyway my prayers go to the families. As it is becoming more evident no one has survived this terrible incident.

Far, but could be a possibility considering the plane flew seven more hours .

That and also its been gone for 12 days or so. Currents would have taken the wreckage further.

It is 6 pm now in WA. A sit is 9pm here in Canberra. We were told that around this time either one or two planes would be within the wreckage area. I think a ship is on the way too.

I have my fingers crossed. This needs resolution, too many family and loved ones are suffering and being pulled from pillar to post by conflicting theories and statements daily.

• Like 3

On the news the reporters at the scene are saying all they see is a freighter and a sea of dolphins, however like one said those pictures were taken days ago and what ever it was could have wash away even further, it will take days to find what ever it was.

Edited by docyabut2

They're searching the wrong areas. The plane went down probably right as it turned around. Probably a fire and they were doing everything in their power to land it hence why no communication. The debris could have washed out pretty far. I really don't suspect foul play as I don't see any motive unless there was something of interest in the cargo. :/

I have my fingers crossed. This needs resolution, too many family and loved ones are suffering and being pulled from pillar to post by conflicting theories and statements daily.

I hope this is it too. The news this morning is that the images are 4 days old because Australian intelligence and the NTSB from the US have both looked at them in much better resolution and are sure the images are credible. There's always a chance it won't be, but now they need to search for visual conformation. Australian and US planes are already there with more and ships enroute.

And a Norwegian merchant ship is there to assist. Malaysian ships and planes should be getting there around now.

They said late last night before I went to bed that the families have been told what's going on.

• Like 2

I hope this is it too. The news this morning is that the images are 4 days old because Australian intelligence and the NTSB from the US have both looked at them in much better resolution and are sure the images are credible. There's always a chance it won't be, but now they need to search for visual conformation. Australian and US planes are already there with more and ships enroute.

And a Norwegian merchant ship is there to assist. Malaysian ships and planes should be getting there around now.

They said late last night before I went to bed that the families have been told what's going on.

I have never known of one of these tragedies where people were actually wanting to find wreckage so they could be relieved that they were in no further danger. But I agree, the families are being tortured.
  • Like 3

Their grief will be heartbreaking, but at least they'll have an answer. Without that they can never move on. They will always search and grieve. They will never have peace. They will never forget or stop thinking about their loved ones and what happened even if this debris is the plane. What I believe to be a rogue pilot has forever scarred their lives and cut their souls, but they will be able to go on without being pulled apart in 90 different directions everyday for years. You know what I mean? I really hope they can find this plane.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

If this is the plane, what happen? Could the plane have lost all electoral power,and the pilot turn the plane back around manually, in the dark and with no navigation tried to find a landing strip, but just kept going in the dark over the ocean till the plane ran out of gas.? I just don't think it could be a suicidal act.

If this is the plane, what happen? Could the plane have lost all electoral power,and the pilot turn the plane back around manually, in the dark and with no navigation tried to find a landing strip, but just kept going in the dark over the ocean till the plane ran out of gas.? I just don't think it could be a suicidal act.

No matter the speculation, we just wont know, until we know

• Like 2

Here's the transcript from the Telegraph. Wait a few seconds and it will automatically open. Click on the yellow highlights and an explanation comes up.

http://www.telegraph...l-revealed.html

Edited by susieice