Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

Interesting read about how we can track our cars, we track our kids' cell phones, but we can't track airplanes when they are over oceans or other remote areas"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-malaysia-jet-saga-highlights-doubts-over-air-traffic-radar-2014-21#ixzz2wq9USzMd

True, but you also couldn't track that same phone or car in that remote area either.

You can't toggle a radio if it doesn't work though, now can you? And I thought they said the plane was at 5,000 ft over land?

We can't say that the radio didn't work and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone at some point did say it was at 5000 ft over land. It was working after the transponder was shut off, that we do know.

China has spotted something in water, man this just proof our oceans are a mess.

True. Maybe they should look in that big pile of rubbish in the Pacific Ocean in a few years for parts.

China has spotted something in water, man this just proof our oceans are a mess.

Thor Heyerdahl commented on the filth, and globs of black oil floating mid Pacific during the Kon Tiki expedition 60 years ago.

Odd, my thoughts to the other day of what could have happen to the missing plane :unsure2:

Posted

March 21

If this is the plane, what happen? Could the plane have lost all electoral power,and the pilot turn the plane back around manually, in the dark and with no navigation tried to find a landing strip, but just kept going in the dark over the ocean till the plane ran out of gas.?

Edited by docyabut2

Relatives of passengers and crew have been informed of the 'heartbreaking' news that Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean, the Malaysian Prime Minister has announced.

Najib Razak told a press conference new analysis by the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch and tracking firm Inmarsat suggested the flight ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 vanished from civilian radar screens less than an hour after take-off from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing with 239 people on board on March 8.

No confirmed sighting of the plane has been made since, but much debris has been found in remote waters off Australia which might be part of the missing plane.

According to Sky News, the families of the passengers on the missing plane are now due to be booked on to flights to take them to Australia.

More details:

http://www.dailymail...0-airliner.html

Edited by Angelicon

I have a hard time believing anything that came after the plane vanished. Including this. Too much conflicting or uncertain info.

Prove it.

• Like 3

I have a hard time believing anything that came after the plane vanished. Including this. Too much conflicting or uncertain info.

Prove it.

I agree. But with the Minister President making a statement such as this, I do not feel we'll be gettng a different story out of Malaysia. It will have to come from outside sources.

• Like 1

Photoshop used? In the news today...

Why did somebody doctor photo of men who took Flight MH370? Fears of a cover-up amid claims pictures show passengers with the same set of legs

Both men pictured boarded missing Flight 370 with stolen passports

Fears pictures were doctored as both of the men have the same legs

Trousers, shoes, and shadows all identical, but upper bodies are different

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587554/Did-somebody-doctor-photo-men-took-Flight-MH370-Fears-cover-amid-claims-pictures-passengers-set-legs.html#ixzz2wtXfa9VP

• Like 1

Why did somebody doctor photo of men who took Flight MH370? Fears of a cover-up amid claims pictures show passengers with the same set of legs

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2wtXfa9VP

I read so-called "explanation" for it in the article. True or not, I don't know.

Most importanly though, it has no forensic value. Or, perhaps the true photos do.

Tiime for the Malaysian government to release the original photos.

• Like 2

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2wtXfa9VP

If I had arranged this 'cover up', I would certainly be calling the digital editor and asking for my money back while sweating that I would be losing my job for incompetence.

Surely this is too bad to be up for consideration as 'doctored' photos in this day and age.

• Like 1

Odd, my thoughts to the other day of what could have happen to the missing plane :unsure2:

Posted

March 21

If this is the plane, what happen? Could the plane have lost all electoral power,and the pilot turn the plane back around manually, in the dark and with no navigation tried to find a landing strip, but just kept going in the dark over the ocean till the plane ran out of gas,and tried landing the plane in the water.

To add, I can't really see blaming the Malaysia government, no one knew what direction that plane went after turning back But some how I feel if they could have gotten there when the possaible wreckage was spotted on the radar ,there could have been a few people hanging on. By the looks at the weather and waves, I doubt if they find anyone now

Edited by docyabut2

To add, I can't really see blaming the Malaysia government, no one knew what direction that plane went after turning back But some how I feel if they could have gotten there when the possaible wreckage was spotted on the radar ,there could have been a few people hanging on. By the looks at the weather and waves, I doubt if they find anyone now

True enough, but a commercial jet out of fuel at 12,000 feet high would stall, nose-dive and, I suppose, hit the water at 150-300 mph.

There would be no survivors.

True enough, but a commercial jet out of fuel at 12,000 feet high would stall, nose-dive and, I suppose, hit the water at 150-300 mph.

There would be no survivors.

I don't know palidem but the pilot could have glided the plane down, and maybe the plane would have broken up in a few pieces.In any case I don't think there would have been any survivors in all that bad weather that came after if any were hanging on.

Edited by docyabut2

We can't say that the radio didn't work and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone at some point did say it was at 5000 ft over land. It was working after the transponder was shut off, that we do know.

After it shut off yes, but who knows how that actually happened. Shut off, or damaged and not functioning?

Ok in the news today, LOTS of stuff seen in the waters

French satellite spots 122 objects up to 75ft long in Indian Ocean that could be debris from doomed Malaysian airline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2589723/French-satellite-spots-122-objects-75ft-long-Indian-Ocean-debris-doomed-Malaysian-airline.html

• Like 1

Ok in the news today, LOTS of stuff seen in the waters

French satellite spots 122 objects up to 75ft long in Indian Ocean that could be debris from doomed Malaysian airline

http://www.dailymail...an-airline.html

It could very well be ocean junk, until they find just one piece to that plane. I don't blame the families for not giving up hope.

• Like 2

"Not saying I'm right here, but if a fire did occur in the cockpit, it wouldn't matter if the 10 electrical redundancy systems worked or not, because the power to the systems in which they feed to were damaged. Unconscious pilots, no way to get into the cockpit, and a plane with the autopilot on= a plane drastically off course, and very far away from where it should be. Perhaps it's much further south than thought, they could be looking 1,000 miles north than where it ended up, and that's why they can't find anything at all. It did do a 180 before disappearing of radar after all. Again, just speculation."

I posted that on march 12th, I was pretty sure it was further south than thought. Maybe I should become a psychic. Or not.

Anyways, I still think that there was a fire and the systems in the plane went haywire, while all on board were unconscious, taking them for a long ride until the plane ran out of fuel and crashed.

Edited by andy4

Heres a similar story of plane that 'vanished' and also lost on radar etc

http://en.wikipedia...._Air_Flight_574

Re-enacted in full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eu6uoKYCJU

I could only bear to watch the first few seconds. A tirade to take political advantage of a human tragedy.

• Like 1