Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Flight MH370 to Beijing goes missing

thedutchiedutch

Until the plane has been found rumours and speculation will abound.

There is more than enough information in this case to make a UFO mystery,

The question has to be is it real UFO mystery?

If UFO stands for Un Found Object then yes, the mystery is real.

In a billion years or so the ocean around there will dry up and the plane will be found and anyone coming across it will wonder what it might be.

• Like 1

Even if they find the CVR, it only records the last two hours. There was probably no cockpit conversation in the last two hours.

The only things they'll hear are any alarms going off. That might help tell what was happening.

So if the cell phones were still ringing then how come they couldn't locate the signal from the phone? I thought they could do that.

Edited by Scrunchkruckets

The caller will hear a ring while the carrier searches for the signal. The phone being called will not ring because it won't make the connection.

Now they have deployed the sub, and found an oil slick, with vid. So this is pretty much the last option.

Efforts to find missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 focused beneath the choppy surface of the Indian Ocean on Monday as Australian authorities sent a U.S. Navy submersible diving toward the sea floor in a bid to find the jetliner and the 239 people aboard it.

Meanwhile, new clues emerged above the surface, as investigators reported finding an oil slick in the search zone and a U.S. official revealed that a Malaysian cell phone tower detected the co-pilot's phone around the time of the disappearance.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Pentagon Blocks All Leave to Diego Garcia - Are They Hiding Flight MH370?

Tuesday, 08 April 2014 19:45

April 8, 2014 -- (TRN) -- The mystery of Malaysian Air Lines Flight MH370 deepens as the Pentagon has now BLOCKED all Military Members from taking their leave on Diego Garcia. The notice below tells all military personnel that "Leave Travel to Diego Garcia is Not Authorized." What are they hiding? Maybe they have Flight MH370 there and don't want too many people seeing it?

Given that Diego Garcia was within the range of flight MH370, and given Internet claims that a passenger from that aircraft managed to hide a cell phone in his butt, and send a message claiming he was being held by unknown military forces in a jail, one can only wonder why the Pentagon has suddenly stopped military members from taking leave to Diego Garcia. Could it be they don't want too many eyes looking around for the missing airplane?

http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/407-pat

I wondered if Diego Garcia had something to do with this plane when the people in the Maldives said they saw it go south over their island headed to the southern most point. That would have put it on a direct line to DG, but I see no reason why the US would not say they have the plane and the passengers. Especially not after this long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In today's news -

Malaysia Flight MH370: 11 Terrorists Arrested on Suspicion of Involvement in Disappearance of Flight

https://uk.news.yaho...11.html#cWZxG07

|: I went with my gut feeling. Why am I right?!

Malaysian police round up suspected terrorists; unrelated to MH 370, police say

By Ben Brumfield, CNN

May 4, 2014 -- Updated 1352 GMT (2152 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Police are holding 11 people on suspicion of terrorist affiliations
  • They plan to make more arrests as a preemptive measure
  • Some of the arrests were made in a state bordering Thailand
  • Southern Thailand is plagued by separatist violence from ethnic Malay Muslim militants

updated ~ these crop were arrested after they were noticed in the course of the MH370 investigations from leads involving the kidnapping of tourists from the Borneo Resorts ~

• 5 weeks later...

In today's news -

A British sailor has filed a report with Australian authorities stating she saw a burning Boeing 777 near Thailand on the morning Malaysia Airlines MH370 disappeared.

https://uk.news.yaho...96.html#8W2qpXA

Relatives of passengers of the missing Malaysian plane have launched a fund-raising campaign to seek information on flight MH370.

They aim to raise at least $5m (£2.9m) "to encourage a whistleblower to come forward", families said in a statement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-27754002

I wondered if Diego Garcia had something to do with this plane when the people in the Maldives said they saw it go south over their island headed to the southern most point. That would have put it on a direct line to DG, but I see no reason why the US would not say they have the plane and the passengers. Especially not after this long.

It's not so much if it's on DG but how it got there. Countries like the Maldives and even countries over the flight path like Thailand or Indonesia would have reported seeing MH370 appear on militar and civilian radars, which easily cover the Straits of Malacca plus a substantial chunk of the sea off the eastern coast of northern Thailand and north off Indonesia.

And yet neither country had reported seeing the aircraft appear on radar. Even if it has its transponders switch off, that only indicates what plane and flight it is rather than the actual radar signal.

Malaysia Airlines is set to pay £30,000 to the families of passengers who were on board missing flight MH370 but the final amount of compensation will only be paid once the 'issue of the tragedy' is over, it has been reported.

The airline is thought to have already paid £3,000 to family members in expenses as they waited in hotels in Kuala Lumpur and Beijing to hear news about their loved ones after the flight went missing in March.

http://www.dailymail...agedy-over.html

I have a technical question I would like answering.

The answer might be obvious, but it has eluded me so far.

From the beginning of the investigation, experts talked about Flight MH-370 taking the northern or southern corridor.

Why?

Can a plane not go in any direction it is flown?

I have a technical question I would like answering.

The answer might be obvious, but it has eluded me so far.

From the beginning of the investigation, experts talked about Flight MH-370 taking the northern or southern corridor.

Why?

Can a plane not go in any direction it is flown?

There are designated air corridors for air traffic much in the same way there are shipping lanes for vessels. These are primarily to organize aircraft so that air traffic contollers can monitor and direct aircraft in a fashion that generally avoids mid-air collisions.

But the plane doesn't necessarily have to be taken along one of these corridors?

No it doesn't. It can fly off course.

A new search area for the missing Malaysian plane has been announced by the Australian government after further analysis of satellite data.

The search will now shift south to focus on an area 1,800km (1,100 miles) off the west coast of Australia, Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-28031741