Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly photo

ShadowBoy86x

I alway complain my gf hogs the covers and bed when she sleeps and i woke up this morning again, freezinh with no covers so i took a picture to show her what she does and the picture is ruin by a white light or whatever it is, i dont understand what happend. Check it out , sure spooked me out and i wasnt even thinkin about amything but proving that shes a cover hog

Im on my phone so sorry for any typos , thumbs suck typing on iphone

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

Photo is too big, im gunna habe to post it from computer or something, like wtf , sorry

Photo is too big, im gunna habe to post it from computer or something, like wtf , sorry

Please do.

i hope she sleeps in the buff. *Fingers crossed* :)

Can't wait to see it. I thought everyone slept in the buff.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see it. I thought everyone slept in the buff.

If they don't, they should! :)

How do i post a 1.66 mb photo.... arrrgghhhh

what can i save it as to make it smaller, and will that effect you guys from viewing it properly?

i tried saving it as something that turned it into a 22.5 mb photo

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

166Mb?

No camera should take photographs of that file size. Even the latest professional level camera shooting in RAW mode generally won't go over 20-30Mb.

A modern digital camera shooting JPEGs should be giving you files smaller than 10Mb.

Are you sure it's a photograph you're uploading and that it's the right file ?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 2

its 1.66mb and the site only allows 250k

Im just about ready to delete and forget, hhmmmffpp :td:

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

What Operating System and version? What do you use to view/sort/upload your images? There should be a way to resize and save as a jpeg that will upload - eg windows photo viewer thingy will resize to various web/email suitable sizes. Alternatively you could sign up to any photsharing service like photobucket, flickr, picasa, etc and then give us a link to to where you put it. While we may want access to the original, unchanged image, by your description we can probably advise simply by seeing a smaller version.

• Like 1

its 1.66mb and the site only allows 250k

Im just about ready to delete and forget, hhmmmffpp :td:

For future reference - http://postimage.org/ - lets you post images for free without registering an account and up to 5Mb in size. Upload the photo and they provide you with the text to copy and paste into a web forum post and it appears as if by magic in your post!
  • Like 3

Looking at the photograph, at a guess I'd say something got in front of the camera and was lit up by the flash. I've seen it before. It can happen with camera straps, your hand, etc.

• Like 1

There is no data on the photo. is this cropped?

Here's the full data:

JFIF JFIF Version 1.01 Resolution 1 pixels/None

File — basic information derived from the file. File Type JPEG MIME Type image/jpeg Comment CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality Encoding Process Baseline DCT, Huffman coding Bits Per Sample 8 Color Components 3 File Size 53 kB Image Size 768 × 1,024 Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

• Like 1

i copied it from the iphone 5 to the computer and then uploaded it to that website

Yep, like Jesse said...

It's taken on an IPhone. (there's your problem! - sorry :D)

The IPhone, because presumably it was very low light, chose an exposure of 1/16 and f2.4 but also fired the flash.. (I've read your pictures mind...) That slow exposure time means that things got a little blurry, but the fact that it also fired the flash means that anything up close to the camera would be overexposed to hell. While I have no idea what it was that was up close, it *was* up close - you an see that from the amount of blurriness, and that it is different blurriness to the background detail which is directionally smeared and therefore motion blurred. I think that if you think back to how you took it and what was around, you might be able to work out what that thing was - it may not have been obvious at the time, in your sleepy state...

Interestingly, the flash seems to have seen the 'thing' and restricted its output because of it - if there had been nothing up close it would have fired more powerfully, I suspect, to light the background better and thereby reduce the motion blurring...

Hope that helps..

• Like 4

Hmmm!...nothing worse than sleeping with a cover hog lol....maybe you could invest in a much larger cover.....or single beds :P

I clicked your link....but all I got was Photobuckets website....oh, and I think your real name...*scratches head* :unsure2:

• Like 2

Hmmm!...nothing worse than sleeping with a cover hog lol....maybe you could invest in a much larger cover.....or single beds :P

I clicked your link....but all I got was Photobuckets website....oh, and I think your real name...*scratches head* :unsure2:

Perfect idea! Larger cover! Or 2 separate covers on the bed. I can't stand that. I get cold in my sleep and have to have the covers. :yes:

• Like 1

Single beds for a married, dating or fun lovin' couple is a funny thought. It's like 1950's television all over again.

• Like 2

Hey, you're talking about the op's wife.

Girlfriend, but that's neither here nor there.

i am a joke maker, hence i inject silliness into my post's because if i can make myself laugh i won't want to cry because if i cry i will rust.

OP, no disrespect was ever intended as i'm sure you can tell.

• Like 2

lol Ethyl, you get cold because you sleep in the nude. :tu:

MOST the time. I'm really just cold natured, lol My whole extended family knows it too. Everyone else will be hot and i'll be asking to turn up the heat. :w00t:

• Like 1

there, pain in the ass for a stupid picture lmao, but it sure weirded me out at 3ish am closer to 4

Take a look at this site when you want to post quick photos with out the hassle of creating an account.

http://imgur.com/