Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian airliner Terrorist attack gone awry

Einsteinium

But those are not likely hypothesis, but the facts are that the small meteor theory is highly unlikely, has it ever happened before? Not that we know of.

Cabin bleed air causing rapid onset hypoxia is an interesting hypothesis, but requires an unlikely scenario of the autopilot being 'kicked off' and would be the only case in history of a 777 crashing because of this freak occurrence.

That last one is just ludicrous.

The facts as we know them are that the plane was a 777, one of the safest commercial airplanes ever made, with multiple redundant systems and safety features. The fact is that it disappeared from radar at one of the safest points in its flight with no distress call, nothing. Two passengers on board both boarded with stolen passports, both stolen from Thailand, at different times over a year ago and were allowed to board despite at least one of the passports being reported stolen at least 2 months ago. FACT- this plane was flying out of a region known to be an active terrorist area. Without any further data, I am suggesting that a terrorist attack is likely, just based on the FACTS as we know them right now. Now, as we get more facts, we can make better hypothesis, but right now I think this is a very likely hypothesis given the facts we know.

based on the FACTS as we know them? It's based on no FACTS at all, just supposition based on extremely tenuous evidence (stolen passports, plus the "well known fact" that it's the safest plane there's ever been. And why should the business about the Passports be evidence of Terrorism at all? Bearing in mind that the 9/11 hijackers all used their own passports and their real identities. (They even found one of their passports, just to prove it! :D). It could just as probably be something involving drug smuggling or money laundering or something. That's just as plausible as leaping to the conclusion of TERRORISTS. And "were allowed to board despite at least one of the passports being reported stolen at least 2 months ago" heading into the terrain of conspiracy theory?

• Like 3

WhyDont - I'm the one who brought up the jihadists, so please direct your anger toward me. Einsteinium has a legitimate topic and legitimate concerns.

I'm an airline employee. I feel a "comradeship" with other airline employees. The first people to die on 9/11 were all the crewmembers on those four planes. Their throats were cut open with razor knives. There is no "conspiracy theory" here. Those guys want us dead.

They have a personal war against airline employees, or they saw airliners on that one occasion as a weapon to use in pursuance of their plan?

Quick of the mark, yes perhaps, but this site is for discussing things like this is it not? I am not an official making official statements, I am allowed to speculate and come up with my own theories based on the information i have am I not? What if I am right? The Chinese and US governments appear to be taking the idea that this could be a terrorist attack very seriously. Governments cannot afford to wait until all the facts are known, they are taking action assuming the worst case scenario, I am putting forth a theory that is plausible. Why is that wrong?

simplybill is right, the Jihadists want us dead, they don't discriminate between children, women, or men, they want all of us dead and they explicitly state as much. That is no conspiracy, that is a fact.

Now who's talking about Jihadists? Why would Jihadists seize a plane from an Islamic country flying to Communist China? It had no connection to the Great Satan at all. Not all terrorists or hijackers are necessarily Jihadists, just as not all airplane crashes are due to terrorism.

Yes, planes don't simply explode of their own accord, especially 777's.

TWA 800? Or do you go along with the conspiracy theorists on that?

What about the knife attack recently at the Chinese railroad station, there is obviously a group wanting to make a big statement against the Chinese government. Then this event happening shortly afterwards with a majority of Chinese citizens on board. The two events could be connected.

Ah, a suggestion that at least recognises that not all terrorists are necessarily Jihadists. Well, it's some progress, at least.

Incorrect. What if the pilots deliberately flew the aircraft into the sea? The radar: was it primary or SSR? I'm guessing it was secondary and if so then simply switching of the transponder makes the aircraft disappear.

EgyptAir 990?

Einsteinium

Given that you've reached your conclusion as to what happened, now what?

What have we collectively achieved as a consequence?

Will there be any change to where the searchers search? Will it bring any more comfort to the relatives of the passengers and crew? Will it influence the investigation by the relevant authorities?

Or are you just trying to get your selection in the What Happened To MH370 Sweepstake in before everyone else so you can say "Booyah!" to everyone else if you happen to be proven right?

Just what exactly is wrong with letting the relevant authorities work at their own pace and reach their conclusions thoughtfully?

• Like 1

FBI now investigating and other anti Terrorist organisations now looking at more stolen passports. Also they are saying the plane could turned back, attempted hijack?

Well, of course the FBU would leap to any conclusion that would fit their preconceptions, wouldn't they. And what do they mean by Also they are saying the plane could turned back, attempted hijack? Do they mean they think it may have done, or it might have been able to do so, and so whether it did or didn't it's proof that it was Jihadists?

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb

Maybe they weren't intending to fly it to Beijing at all (why take over the controls when they were still so far away? Why not wait until they were on approach to Beijing?), maybe Hanoi was the target, has anyone thought of that? Maybe it was anti-Vietnamese terrorists?

Well, of course the FBU would leap to any conclusion that would fit their preconceptions, wouldn't they. And what do they mean by Also they are saying the plane could turned back, attempted hijack? Do they mean they think it may have done, or it might have been able to do so, and so whether it did or didn't it's proof that it was Jihadists?

I believe it was the Malaysians who did not disregard terrorism and it was them that requested assistance, and if the plane suffered a mechnical fault it would have landed in Vietnam, as something to do with terrorism you would turn back. and I did not say Jihadists.

Maybe they weren't intending to fly it to Beijing at all (why take over the controls when they were still so far away? Why not wait until they were on approach to Beijing?), maybe Hanoi was the target, has anyone thought of that? Maybe it was anti-Vietnamese terrorists?

I did say earlier posts that it could of been Thai's or some silly group complaining about the south china sea

• Like 1

I did say earlier posts that it could of been Thai's or some silly group complaining about the south china sea

It might be yes. It's certainly a more plausible theory than Jihadists, people just seem to leap to the conclusion that "it must have been the towelheads", when there are many people in the world with grudges against many more people than just radical Islamicists. Or even if it was some Islamic group in some way or other, obviously the target was nothing to do with the West. But the West (i.e. America) always seems to assume that it has to be all about them, don't they.

Above all we have learned that it seems that the global financial investment of billions of USD during at

least 2 decades now into terror prevention systems and procedures did not resulted to a simple global

database of "suspicious" passports or a failsafe practise of such database if there is any, until today.

That`s not just poor, it`s alarming.

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

You know the thing that strikes me most about the two stolen passports? Those criminals / refugees / nefarious peoples up to no good are possibly the victims of an unlucky string of events that not only enabled them to obtain passports at likely exhorbitant prices, for which they committed god knows what kinds of crazy acts to collect the funds but then to "successfully" fulfill they plans and get themselves on an international flight to go to whereever they so desperately wanted to go, only to have the plane crash.

It's the scenario that stands out for me - two desperate ill fated wannabe crims / fugitives - along with the 235 law abiding passengers met a terrible and unasked for fate together.

The terrorist scenario just does not ring true to me because .... well, they achieved nothing, no one knows who they are, what they stood for or what they hoped to achieve, absolutely zero impact as a protest against anything and nobody knows, or will likely ever know their names because they were using false identities and nationalities to boot.

Even if something was discovered now, the impetus is gone - the world is in "half expectant" mode and there would not be any shock or fear really, just alot of shaking of heads at the horrible futility of the whole thing and the tragic loss of life for no good reason.

• Like 8

You know the thing that strikes me most about the two stolen passports? Those criminals / refugees / nefarious peoples up to no good are possibly the victims of an unlucky string of events that not only enabled them to obtain passports at likely exhorbitant prices, for which they committed god knows what kinds of crazy acts to collect the funds but then to "successfully" fulfill they plans and get themselves on an international flight to go to whereever they so desperately wanted to go, only to have the plane crash.

It's the scenario that stands out for me - two desperate ill fated wannabe crims / fugitives - along with the 235 law abiding passengers met a terrible and unasked for fate together.

The terrorist scenario just does not ring true to me because .... well, they achieved nothing, no one knows who they are, what they stood for or what they hoped to achieve, absolutely zero impact as a protest against anything and nobody knows, or will likely ever know their names because they were using false identities and nationalities to boot.

Indeed, that's very much the most likely; i daresay this sort of thing goes an all the time, smuggling or trafficking this, that and the other over the border from Thailand and then on from Malaysia.there's only any point to terrorism if you stand up and say that it was you that did it, and why.
  • Like 2

Above all we have learned that it seems that the global financial investment of billions of USD during at

least 2 decades now into terror prevention systems and procedures did not resulted to a simple global

database of "suspicious" passports or a failsafe practise of such database if there is any, until today.

That`s not just poor, it`s alarming.

Both passports were in the INTERPOL database, but the database wasn`t checked since the passports

were declared as stolen:

LYON, France ‒ INTERPOL can confirm that at least two passports – Austrian and Italian – recorded in its Stolen

and Lost Travel Documents (SLTD) database were used by passengers on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370.

The Austrian and Italian passports were added to INTERPOL’s SLTD database after their theft in Thailand in 2012 and

2013 respectively. INTERPOL is also conducting checks on all other passports used to board flight MH 370 which may have

been reported stolen.

No checks of the stolen Austrian and Italian passports were made by any country between the time they were entered

into INTERPOL’s database and the departure of flight MH 370. At this time, INTERPOL is therefore unable to determine

on how many other occasions these passports were used to board flights or cross borders.

Full article : http://www.interpol..../2014/N2014-038

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

What possible motivation might any Terrorists have for a 9/11 style attack on Beijing? What terrorists might they be? TIbetan freedom fighters?

Didn't they just have a terrorist attack a few days ago in China?

Didn't they just have a terrorist attack a few days ago in China?

indeed yes, that's a fair point, but the assumption seems to automatically have been that it must have been Islamic terrorists, and that's what I was wondering. And was that terrorism or was it just a crime? Has there been any further word on who did that?

Edited by Colonel Rhubarb

indeed yes, that's a fair point, but the assumption seems to automatically have been that it must have been Islamic terrorists, and that's what I was wondering. And was that terrorism or was it just a crime? Has there been any further word on who did that?

Quote: "Police say the eight attackers, six men and two women, came from the troubled province of Xinjiang, some 2,500 kilometres away. Four were shot dead, the others have been captured.

Xinjiang, the name means "new frontier," is in China's far west, and is home to the country's Uighur minority, Muslims who speak a language related to Turkish."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kunming-knife-attacks-show-china-has-a-terrorism-problem-too-1.2558573

The fact that the 2 people who boarded using stolen passports purchased their tickets at the same time and had consecutive seat numbers shows that they almost definitely knew each other. This obviously doesn't automatically mean it was a terrorist attack but it is highly suspicious.

• Like 2

there was 4 passports stolen apparently and not two

Interesting, I haven't heard that there were 4. Do you have any source for this information?

With all the resources now there, and more coming, hopefully they can find and recover the jet, deceased victims and the "black boxes"

R.I.P. all on board.

• Like 3

Quote: "Police say the eight attackers, six men and two women, came from the troubled province of Xinjiang, some 2,500 kilometres away. Four were shot dead, the others have been captured.

Xinjiang, the name means "new frontier," is in China's far west, and is home to the country's Uighur minority, Muslims who speak a language related to Turkish."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...m-too-1.2558573

More "Freedom Fighters". I think they'll find that antagonising Beijing would be a very silly thing to do.

Einsteinium

Given that you've reached your conclusion as to what happened, now what?

What have we collectively achieved as a consequence?

Will there be any change to where the searchers search? Will it bring any more comfort to the relatives of the passengers and crew? Will it influence the investigation by the relevant authorities?

Or are you just trying to get your selection in the What Happened To MH370 Sweepstake in before everyone else so you can say "Booyah!" to everyone else if you happen to be proven right?

Just what exactly is wrong with letting the relevant authorities work at their own pace and reach their conclusions thoughtfully?

It is amazing to me how many people misunderstand me. I have repeatedly said that it is MY OPINION that this was a likely terrorist act. MY OPINION. Not fact, opinion. I posted this in the conspiracy theory forum for a reason, because right now, that is all it is, a conspiracy theory. Never once have I stated that it WAS a terrorist act, only that in my opinion it likely was. This is a forum for debate and discussion. I put this out there for debate and discussion, and it has triggered a lively debate, but please do not mis-understand the difference between talking about something, and stating something as fact.

• Like 3