Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian airliner Terrorist attack gone awry

Einsteinium

YEah ! and I lost my wallet once,ITs never been seen again either !

But I still keep Looking for it when Im in that mood !

Here's another case where aircraft disappeared over an ocean and were never found.

Five TBM Avenger Bombers Lost in the Bermuda Triangle

Three months after World War II ended, five military planes took off from Fort Lauderdale­Hollywood Naval Air Station in Florida and vanished somewhere over the Atlantic in the area known as the Bermuda Triangle. For more than 50 years, military and civilian experts have tried to find an explanation for their disappearance.

http://www.historyne...da-triangle.htm

Edited by skyeagle409

We lose a lot of stuff every day on this planet ! Now How are we going to Find that Aircraft now?

Here's another case where aircraft disappeared over an ocean and were never found.

That was one strange incident. And if I recall, a search and rescue craft with 10? aboard also went 'lost' looking for the five.

Strange going-ons in that B triangle

Posting in the correct thread this time....

Malaysian Airlines MH370: New Underwater Search to Begin

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysian-airlines-mh370-new-underwater-search-to-begin-1.2788252

Some highlights from the article:

Desolate stretch of Indian Ocean focus of investigation

The Associated Press Posted: Oct 05, 2014 12:16 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 05, 2014 12:16 PM ET

After a four-month hiatus, the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is about to resume in a desolate stretch of the Indian Ocean, with searchers lowering new equipment deep beneath the waves in a bid to finally solve one of the world's most perplexing aviation mysteries.

The search has been on hold for months so crews could map the seabed in the search zone, about 1,800 kilometres west of Australia. The 60,000-square kilometre search area lies along what is known as the "seventh arc" — a stretch of ocean where investigators believe the aircraft ran out of fuel and crashed, based largely on an analysis of transmissions between the plane and a satellite.

Those maps are considered crucial to the search effort because the seafloor is riddled with deep crevasses, mountains and volcanoes, which could prove disastrous to the pricey, delicate search equipment that will be towed just 100 metres above the seabed. Two of the search ships will be using underwater search vessels worth around $1.5 million each.

"You can imagine if you're towing a device close to the seafloor, you want to know if you're about to run into a mountain," said Stuart Minchin, chief of the environmental geoscience division at Geoscience Australia, which has been analyzing the mapping data.

The ships will use towfish, underwater vessels equipped with sonar that create images of the ocean floor. The towfish, which transmit data in real time, are dragged slowly through the water by thick cables up to 10-kilometres long. If something of interest is spotted on the sonar, the towfish will be hauled up and fitted with a video camera, then lowered back down.

The towfish are also equipped with sensors that can detect the presence of jet fuel, although that would likely be a longshot.

The work will be painstaking. The ships can move no faster than 11 kph while towing the sonar equipment. If a vessel needs to change direction, the crew must first pull the towfish up enough that it won't fall to the seafloor during the turn — a process that takes hours.

Cz

That was one strange incident. And if I recall, a search and rescue craft with 10? aboard also went 'lost' looking for the five.

Strange going-ons in that B triangle

It's another example of those wishing to sell books / market a theory omit facts and plain just make stuff up. They fail to mention that the Flight lead had been noted as being very poor with navigation, having gotten lost and ditching twice previously. They forget to tell you that radio transmissions from the junior members of the flight were telling the lead that he was going the wrong way, that they should turn west. They don't bring up the fact that the Martin Mariner (the search aircraft that also went missing) went off in overcast conditions down to 800 feet, that a merchant vessel saw an aircraft hit the water and explode and that an aircraft carrier tracked the Mariner taking off from Banana River NAS on radar before losing it... and that the position were radar tracking was lost matched the position where the merchant vessel saw an aircraft crash.

Flight 19 isn't a mystery... it's an accident.

• Like 2

I never said otherwise, Obviousman

• Like 1

I never said otherwise, Obviousman

This is a great Flt to look at with the prespective of Just How hard It is to find stuff on this Planet ! Flt 19 and the subsequent aircraft that were lost,some just due to mech,failure,pilot skill`s .I.E. Training ,or Lack of there within !

But Some Day we just may find a part with a serial number on it that leads us back to Flt 19. Just as Flt 370 ! I still do not believe it was Terrorist ! But If we ever find it and the Orange Boxes say different then we go from there ! :tu:

• 9 months later...

Wake up everybody wreckage found but is it our wreckage.