Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian airliner Terrorist attack gone awry

Einsteinium

Suspected fragments from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people have been found off Vietnam.

The Vietnamese navy said objects, one thought to be an aircraft door, were spotted by a rescue plane off the country's south coast.

http://uk.news.yahoo...93.html#bbchHbd

The rest of the article doesn't say much about this.

• Like 2

Interesting article. Found this while searching for more current new on the MH370 crash.

"Without Facts, Republicans Blame Terrorism for Malaysian Airline Flight MH370"

https://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/09/rupert-murdoch-leads-republicans-pushing-terrorism-narrative-facts.html

Stand aside, reasonable Americans. The Republicans are here to make hasty judgments impacting the world at large before the evidence is even in, because it’s never too soon for another war.

Republicans are getting twitchy to start another fruitless ten year war on terrorism after the disappearance on Saturday of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, with 239 passengers and crew on board. Rupert Murdoch, Republican TV “news” network owner, announced at 11 AM this morning– sans evidence, “777crash confirms jihadists turning to make trouble for China. Chance for US to make common cause, befriend China while Russia bullies.”

5hUk0yH.png

No, not exactly. Yes, there were passengers traveling with stolen passports, and this raises questions, but it’s not Defcon 5 yet. Nothing has been “confirmed” yet.

Yes, I know the article and website lean very heavily to the Left, and I'm not making any claims about its political correctness, accuracy or credibility as a news source in and of itself, nor am I saying that it necessarily reflects my beliefs / views / politics.....

But it is an interesting read nonetheless....

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
  • Like 3

wait, is it confirmed as a hijack ?

Only by people jumping to conclusions, although it certainly is a possibility.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you didn't read the rest of the article I linked to...

Cz

No, not at all. It is only speculation at this point.

• Like 1

Here's a bit more on the debris which has been spotted -

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-26506961

A multinational team is searching for wreckage and ships will try to confirm the find after dawn.

It's too dark for them to see until then, the article says.

Ok. Two times they reported debris but nothing was confirmed, that what got me confused

Ok. Two times they reported debris but nothing was confirmed, that what got me confused

Spotting something from a SAR aircraft is one thing.

Getting a surface ship to the precise location where it was spotted, then searching for where it may have drifted to in order to pick it up and then identify it is something completely different and will take time.

It's only been what...? 54-ish hours since the aircraft was reported missing...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101

And we acknowledge that mechanical failure is a possibility. It is just not very likely given the 777's track record.

We could also say the same thing about the Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engine on the A380 jet which was flight QF32 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qf32): an enviable safety record, but it didn't stop this engine from busting a boiler.

The other factor which makes a terror attack unlikely for me is the airline involved. In most of these sorts of events the airline is as much a target as the passengers, whether through nationality or ownership. Malaysia Airlines is a government owned airline, Malaysia is a moderate Muslim country, and Islamists in Malaysia are achieving their goals through the ballot box. Why target Malaysia Airlines?

However, given the current lack of evidence, I'm going to leave my speculation there.

...Why target Malaysia Airlines?

However, given the current lack of evidence, I'm going to leave my speculation there.

If there is, in fact, a Uighur connection it would be all the Chinese nationals on board. But yes, until a definitive connection is made, all of this is nothing more than speculation.

Well by the end of the week IT will be E.T`s that brought it down ! ANd "Z" will have actual You-tube video`s of it ! :tu:

Sad for the Families though ! My bet id Carbonfiber wing failure !

What possible motivation might any Terrorists have for a 9/11 style attack on Beijing? What terrorists might they be? TIbetan freedom fighters?

It is more likely they are affliated terrorists from Xinjiang who only a week ago conducted a massacre in China.

Eight assailants armed with knives and machetes stormed the main railway station in Kunming on Saturday, killing 29 people and injuring 143 others – in a shocking massacre that has provoked an outpouring of grief and outrage across China.

China has blamed the attack on separatists from Xinjiang, home to the Turkic-speaking Muslim ethnic Uighur minority.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2vWiORxXE

Edited by Ashyne

It is more likely they are affliated terrorists from Xinjiang who only a week ago conducted a massacre in China.

They?

What "they"...?

The "they" that have yet to be proven to exist or have any connection whatsoever to the crash of MH370...?

Cz

The only likely two options we have are:

1. Catastrophic mechanical/structural failure of some kind, the first of its kind to happen on a 777.

2. Terrorist attack

I think that #2 is more likely only because of the 777's track record, the point in its flight that it crashed (safest point of flight, least likely point to have catastrophic mechanical/structural failure), and the fact that 2 people were on board who boarded using stolen passports, which means that we know that 2 people on board were likely criminals at the least.

On a site such as this, you need a 3rd option- Abduction by Aliens.

• Like 1

It's just horrible news. I first seen it when I went onto yahoo news to read about the Ukraine incident and spent the better time of an hour gather up all the information I could on the flight news.

It's been the front page news of every newspaper here since the incident was reported.

Edited by Ashyne

Here's a missile theory:

http://kleinonline.w...reat-airliners/

I don't think it makes sense, but the article does bring up some interesting points, such as a North Korean rocket that nearly hit a Chinese airliner a week ago.

Baseless speculation at best... deliberately misrepresenting other stories to manipulate opinions at worst.

Cz

Baseless speculation at best... deliberately misrepresenting other stories to manipulate opinions at worst.

Yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of that going around over this story until they find something real. But, I thought the article was crazy enough to be appropriate for the totally speculative nature of this thread.

My two-bobs worth...

When I first heard about this I thought 'I'll bet it's another airbus gone haywire'. Then I Googled it and found it was a Boeing 777. Then I found it was fitted with Rolls Royce Trent engines, 890's, not exactly the same as the 900 that exploded on the Quantas A380, but the same family. So I thought an engine has let go, shorted out the electrical system and caused complete loss of control etc.

Then I found that the same aircraft had been involved in a ground accident and had the tip ripped off the starboard (right hand) wing. When I looked at the previous KL to Beijing flight on Flightradar24.com it made a right hand 'dog-leg' manouvre at, or very close to the point where the mystery flight disappeared. It then occurred to me that if the mystery flight made the same 'dog-leg' manouvre at that same position perhaps the repaired wingtip had broken off during this right turn manouvre. Then it occurred to me that this would probably have occurred to the people looking for the plane.

Flightradar24.com also showed there was no change in altitude or speed of the missing aircraft MAS370:

http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03-07/17:25/12x/MAS370/2d81a27

It just disappeared, it was as though someone had turned off the transponder. So an engine or wing failure is probably less likely than the terrorist

theory. Especially when you consider the people travelling on the stolen passports.

If terrorists had hijacked the plane they would have turned the transponder off, it may have then developed into a flight 93 type scenario where the passengers realised they were on a suicide mission and tried to retake the aircraft. Which then crashed nowhere near is planned flight-path. This is probably the best fit for the disappearance. If it had failed on it's planned route they would most likely have found it by now.

Edited by Occams Razor

Maybe it kept gaining altitude and is currently orbiting the earth. Instead of looking down we should be looking up.

JK

• Like 3

I think its in the bottom of the ocean.if this happened 20 years ago they would never mention stolen passports.

I also think its not terrorists because somebody group would have taken credit for it all ready.

And - of course - there are the paranoid idiots who think it is a US plot...:

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?13203-Two-Malaysian-passengers-turn-up-at-home-alive

(read towards bottom of first page)

[media=]

[/media]

Here's an interesting clip from a youtuber i follow. Yesterday, he released a recording from flightradar24.com( http://www.flightrad.../17.67,110.32/7 ). But now where the recording used to show the plane disappearing, it shows the plane climbing 10,000 feet in altitude before dog legging back to its original course and speed. How can the radar recordings be so wrong one day to the next?

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2