Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Salvinia control method discovered?

Ugly1

I was looking at the local news and I had seen that our local University Stephen F. Austin may have stumbled onto a great discovery. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on it all. I personally think this is brilliant!

Giant Salvinia, the curse of East Texas lakes, is actually building a reputation for SFA's National Center for Pharmaceutical Crops.

"Yes, that true." said director Dr. Shiyou Li. The research team he leads has already discovered Salvinia compounds slow down lung and pancreatic cancer cells in humans. By accident, they discovered Salvinia can also kill itself.

http://www.ktre.com/story/24917671/sfa-discovery-may-lead-to-control-of-giant-salvinia

• Like 1

I've always noticed that if something became valuable then it tends to disappear. A plant that's considered a nuisance is suddenly in demand then people will be gathering it up and trying to cultivate it.

I've always noticed that if something became valuable then it tends to disappear. A plant that's considered a nuisance is suddenly in demand then people will be gathering it up and trying to cultivate it.

When things tend to disappear, they become valuable. ;-)