Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IT (Movie)

Patient Zero

(Thanks to coldethyl who in a different post mentioned Pennywise the clown).

i haven't seen IT in about ten years.

So i fired it up earlier and wanted to mention my favorite part.

When Bev went back to her childhood home as an adult.

Now, the whole scene was cool but it's after she runs from the house and turn's back to see Pennywise.

Before he steps inside and slam's the door he let's loose a chilling, evil laugh.

That laugh just resonates with me, i replayed it six times.

• Like 1

Tim Curry was an incredibly accurate depiction of Pennywise, the shower scene 'Hiya wheezy!', 'This is a little inconvenient', 'Come back anytime, bring your friends!' The novel is absolute genius and so layered, the TV adaptation was faithful as it could have been with budget and time constraints and definitely has a certain charm to it. Curry truly MAKES the thing tick though, he was unbelievable and so resonant to the book's devious creation.

• Like 2

I haven't seen it in a very long time either. I read the book when I was a teenager and just remember being so disappointed when I saw the movie for the first time shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

I was about 6 first time I saw it (one of my sisters and a friend of hers, put it on) freaked me out big time, my sister (she's 8 years older than me) still hates creepy clowns. I tried rewatching it 3 years ago and couldn't, still creeps me out in parts

• Like 1

I heard rumours there is a remake in the works? Anyone know more of this?

I heard rumours there is a remake in the works? Anyone know more of this?

i saw something about that.

i saw the guy from the show Dexter and the guy who played Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four movies in the trailer.

Pennywise is no longer a man dressed as a clown, he's a man in a clown mask. Yippee.

Don't know how old the trailer was, my video app doesn't get detailed. (Videoder).

i saw something about that.

i saw the guy from the show Dexter and the guy who played Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four movies in the trailer.

Pennywise is no longer a man dressed as a clown, he's a man in a clown mask. Yippee.

Don't know how old the trailer was, my video app doesn't get detailed. (Videoder).

That trailer is a parody that someone made. It's a mashup of scenes from things.

I saw that movie when I was 8 or 9, turned me off to clowns the rest of my life.

Great cult classic.

I just spent a night watching the first 3 Nightmare on Elmstreet movies....

The 80's was a really great era for horror. (Although I think IT came out in 90?)

• Like 1

That trailer is a parody that someone made. It's a mashup of scenes from things.

It is? Oh thank goodness!

• Like 1

The clown was so scary but what it turned out to be was a big cuddly spider!

I saw that movie when I was 8 or 9, turned me off to clowns the rest of my life.

Great cult classic.

I just spent a night watching the first 3 Nightmare on Elmstreet movies....

The 80's was a really great era for horror. (Although I think IT came out in 90?)

Yep, 1990 if i'm not mistaken. But you're definitely right about the 80's!

• Like 1