Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can't decide on what flash drive to get

Sunshine Hoosier

I'm having the hardest time deciding what size flash drive to buy. It's not so much that money is choice. All I probably need is a 16 GB flash drive. I think that a 32 GB flash drive and extra layer if I wanted to back up my computer. However, I seen that the 64 GB is only $10 more. I don't know how many times I've tried to go and buy one and I get decide.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Orcseeker

• Merc14

• Sunshine Hoosier

• MissJatti

good luck and may the force help you make the right decision

Ask yourself how much space you'll actually need in a portable storage device and you'll have your answer.

64!!!!

More GB is NEVER a bad idea.

Yeah, it may excessive for my computer needs as now but I may need additional storage in the future so I went with the 64.

Just make sure you get a USB 3.0. USB 3.0 is the new standard and is much faster when coupled with a USB 3.0 socket and yes, it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. If you don't have USB 3.0 on your present computer you will on your next.

Edited by Merc14

Just make sure you get a USB 3.0. USB 3.0 is the new standard and is much faster when coupled with a USB 3.0 socket and yes, it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0. If you don't have USB 3.0 on your present computer you will on your next.

I'm not sure how price differentiates in the US between 2.0 and 3.0 USBs but for the most part 2.0 USBs seem to be better bang for your buck here in aus unless you're running an OS from your USB

I'm not sure how price differentiates in the US between 2.0 and 3.0 USBs but for the most part 2.0 USBs seem to be better bang for your buck here in aus unless you're running an OS from your USB

Can't speak for Aus. but here in the states the prices are for 3.0 have just gone slightly lower than 2.0, at least on Newegg. Like DDR memory, the factories shift over to the new stuff and after that the old stuff gets the premium pricing as the production of it decreases.

I used be on a benchmarking team with a couple of Aussies and was always astounded at the radically different pricing between the states and Aus. I thought you guys had cracked down on the manufacturers for gouging Australian citizens on tech prices?