Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist develops way to talk to animals

UM-Bot

The real-life Dr Dolittle believes we can ask animals about how happy and comfortable they are.

Dr Ian Duncan claims that he has developed a new way to communicate with animals and is preparing to release his methods to the public after several years of research.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263559/scientist-develops-way-to-talk-to-animals

• Like 2

I believe that the "real life Dr. Dolittle" is full of ****.

• Like 1

I mastered that 10 years ago. I would bark and my dog would bark back.

• Like 2

If your talking pets, if an owner is paying attention they know if the pet is happy.

• Like 1

I talk to my dog all the time, and she talks back by body language and noises. People have been doing this with domesticated animals for 3000+ years.

I wonder what wacky invention this guy has?

• Like 2

I is not totally impossible for inter species communication, someone taught dolphins to say the word ball, so they would say ball to people when they wanted the ball to play with and then ask the other dolphins to pass it by saying ball. You know I should have just gone with apes and chimps that know sign language.

All well and good, but I have an aquarium......

I talk to my dog all the time, and she talks back by body language and noises. People have been doing this with domesticated animals for 3000+ years.

I wonder what wacky invention this guy has?

Bingo...almost every living creature communicates via body language and noises, other than us.

Bingo...almost every living creature communicates via body language and noises, other than us.

This is wrong, the part where humans don't use body language and noises. Humans use body language all the time, not counting sign language. We also use noises as well, not counting the twenty six language sounds to speak with.

• Like 1

This is wrong, the part where humans don't use body language and noises. Humans use body language all the time, not counting sign language. We also use noises as well, not counting the twenty six language sounds to speak with.

Most of my communication with my wife involves me going, "Uhhhhh-huhhhhhhh", meaning "Yes Dear, whatever you want." Sometimes it even involves eye contact!!!

• Like 3

forgot to add the "solely" to my original post...

• Like 1

i dont want animals to talk. i have chiuauas the things dont shut up already. though i wouldnt mind talking to my pit bulls

My dog changes the radio station until he finds music we both like. He also grabs boxes of cereal from the cabinet and brings them to me so he can eat breakfast. If that isn't smart, then I don't know what is...

• Like 2

That will never happen. Used to show funny face to my dogs. Like the way they look at me weirdly

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOOO MOOO MOOOOOOOOO MO MOO"

Translated:- " What the **** you staring at, you two legged homosapien with your camera thing, leave me be with my grass"

Oh we do too... might be disappearing or changing a bit because of the urbanization, but we do...

Just imagine for a moment all the secrets your pet knows about you, and then tell me what the real problem with talking animals that anyone can understand is.