Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good weather aided Genghis Khan conquest

UM-Bot

Scientists believe a record-breaking spell of warm and wet weather contributed to Khan's success.

Known as one of the most successful leaders in history, Genghis Khan rose to power as the head of the Mongol Empire in the 13th century. Many have attributed his success to his unrivaled ruthlessness and cunning, but now researchers in the US have uncovered evidence that the weather may have also been a significant factor.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263589/good-weather-aided-genghis-khan-conquest

• Like 2

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT??? Of late i have questioned the direction of this site. Seems to be more daily news than mysteries but in the last few days there is a proper mystery going on with a plane vanishing in the middle of a flight and there is not one story on the news board. A plane VANISHES without trace so far an UNEXPLAINED MYSTERY and we are talking about Genghis Khan and weather patterns in the 13th century?

• Like 2

I guess technically the story is helping to resolve the mystery of how a tiny country did so much under one man, but I agree that it's not what I come here for.

Bahaha, so true

I've been checking this site for the plane's news the last couple of days looking for crazy theories~

and what is this about weather and Genghis Khan? Weather doesn't mean **** when you outnumber the enemies 10 to 1, well unless those enemies have Zhuge Liang's equals

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT??? Of late i have questioned the direction of this site. Seems to be more daily news than mysteries but in the last few days there is a proper mystery going on with a plane vanishing in the middle of a flight and there is not one story on the news board. A plane VANISHES without trace so far an UNEXPLAINED MYSTERY and we are talking about Genghis Khan and weather patterns in the 13th century?

Right on point.

doggs there are a lot of topics talking about the plane disappearance.

they are not in this section because this is the "history and paleontology" section.

there is a topic about genghis khan because he is from history.

do you understand this.

doggs there are a lot of topics talking about the plane disappearance.

they are not in this section because this is the "history and paleontology" section.

there is a topic about genghis khan because he is from history.

do you understand this.

I jumped here from the home page

dang yeah, i forgot the bot's posts are from the website's main page. sorry, understood.

i do think it's a legit topic, personally.

• Like 1

Does this mean alexander the great had better weather on his conquest thing

Ok why is it people come into threads like these and not into threads where someone has experienced something which they cannot explain??

I mean this is unexplained-mysteries right??

People who are new members or been here for a little while get small amount of views at their threads or hardly any replies??

Just because MODERATORS or NEWS WRITERS who been on here for a very long time, they can make threads about anything, even not related to the unexplained/mysteries and people will come in flocks to read and reply to it.

I made a thread 3 days ago, to something I cannot explain, and yet I only got 83 views and one lousy reply so far

• Like 1

Ok why is it people come into threads like these and not into threads where someone has experienced something which they cannot explain??

It's a mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

Mongols of Ghensis-Khan were ingenious in their way of doing battle, and preparation and the nature of their military organization seem to be the key factors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_military_tactics_and_organization

http://genghiskhan.fieldmuseum.org/behind-the-scenes/establishing-an-empire/battle-tactics

Highly organized, many variations of tactics and different methods, good feign movements, flexible hierarchy which gave more freedom for lower-ranking commanders and the high moral standards of interaction with commanders (never telling them a lie & high rate of executing orders).

Plus, mongols are the fore-fathers of notorious gurkhas, people who can single-handedly take down 30 enemies with similiar equipment. I bet weather wasn't the main thing that made the mongol invasion possible.