Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Russian Megolithic Site

OverSword

Except the three stacked blocks in the photo posted after the "wall" picture on the site. That is very obviously not on a large granite wall cracked and looking like stacked blocks. It is stacked blocks.

DSC_014-570x380.jpg

Looking at this pic, if it was man made they placed the top stone too far to the right. The image seems to show the stone above is 'more to the right' of the two beneath. Now if that were man made, why couldn't it have been set straight, instead of totally off centre?

Indeed, it's definitely a natural formation and plain to see.

But for you whack jobs, first there would have had to be a race of giant, no super ginormous, humans to create such a thing and that is simply silly as the Earth's ecosystem could not support this. Second, if you want to call in the ancient aliens...well that too is silly. This "wall" doesn't fall into the ancient alien M.O.; too big as compared to other purported ancient alien sites and has apparent no use.

• Like 1

Except the three stacked blocks in the photo posted after the "wall" picture on the site. That is very obviously not on a large granite wall cracked and looking like stacked blocks. It is stacked blocks.

DSC_014-570x380.jpg

Someone commented that these could also be a natural formation. I think that comment was made by someone with no expertise who just doesn't want to admit they may not know everything. A fairly common flaw amongst people. IMO there is no easy way to explain this through erosion. If it is then it is a completely different type of erosion than is seen on the big "wall" which would make no sense since they are in the same area and presumably from the same type of stone.

It is obvious that a symetrical and uniform type of erosion is not at all uncommon in nature, I've seen quite a few unextreme examples in my life but to offhandedly dismiss this as natural (above photo) is not making alot of sense to me.

Honestly, I don't know enough about the area to give a proper explanation on this one, but there are a lot of ways it could have happened. Heck, if this is right under a cliff, it could have even just fallen onto the other blocks.

Edited by beelzebufo

Indeed, it's definitely a natural formation and plain to see.

But for you whack jobs, first there would have had to be a race of giant, no super ginormous, humans to create such a thing and that is simply silly as the Earth's ecosystem could not support this. Second, if you want to call in the ancient aliens...well that too is silly. This "wall" doesn't fall into the ancient alien M.O.; too big as compared to other purported ancient alien sites and has apparent no use.

We could pretty much just as well say that a race of super huge dinosaurs is simply silly and only a "whack job" would believe it as earths eco system wouldn't support them. That was just stupid. (and no I'm not saying giant people did it either, but come to think of it I won't say they didn't. At least I'm smart enough to say I don't know.) As far as ancient aliens (LOL) You are wrong, several of those so called ancient alient sites have blocks of similar sizes, machuu pichuu (however it's spelled) comes to mind.

Edited by OverSword

Honestly, I don't know enough about the area to give a proper explanation on this one, but there are a lot of ways it could have happened. Heck, if this is right under a cliff, it could have even just fallen onto the other blocks.

I think that if the other pictures are attributed to erosion then they arent true blocks but one piece of granite with cracks in it so perfectly square cut blocks would not fall off. Still not convinced this is erosion.
  • Like 1

THere is erosion on the stones, that is only logical ... but natural erosion did not make the stones as they are now nor is the cause of where they are as it is now ...

DSC_014-570x380.jpg

Someone commented that these could also be a natural formation. I think that comment was made by someone with no expertise who just doesn't want to admit they may not know everything. A fairly common flaw amongst people. IMO there is no easy way to explain this through erosion. If it is then it is a completely different type of erosion than is seen on the big "wall" which would make no sense since they are in the same area and presumably from the same type of stone.

It is obvious that a symetrical and uniform type of erosion is not at all uncommon in nature, I've seen quite a few unextreme examples in my life but to offhandedly dismiss this as natural (above photo) is not making alot of sense to me.

Emboldened part: That's because it looks like a natural formation. Geez.

Just because you don't agree and don't want to see what almost everyone else sees doesn't mean that the comment was made by someone with no expertise who just doesn't want to admit they may not know everything. How very narrow-minded of you.

• Like 1

THere is erosion on the stones, that is only logical ... but natural erosion did not make the stones as they are now nor is the cause of where they are as it is now ...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the wall is a perfectly natural formation. As for the other structure, the photo does not give nearly enough context to assume something as drastic as it being man made when there are any number of ways it could have naturally formed. The formation isn't even very unusual.

Look at this:

BalancingRocks-340x273-r=72.jpg

MoneyRock.jpg

These are the balancing rocks of Zimbabwe. I'm sure some of you have heard of them. Despite their appearances, they are perfectly naturally formations created by, wait for it, EROSION. Mother nature is capable of a lot of bizarre and incredible things. Frankly, I don't understand your refusal to believe that this so called "megalithic site" is natural.

• Like 2

Nature tries to mimic man? What a copycat!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the wall is a perfectly natural formation. As for the other structure, the photo does not give nearly enough context to assume something as drastic as it being man made when there are any number of ways it could have naturally formed. The formation isn't even very unusual.

Look at this:

~image snip

These are the balancing rocks of Zimbabwe. I'm sure some of you have heard of them. Despite their appearances, they are perfectly naturally formations created by, wait for it, EROSION. Mother nature is capable of a lot of bizarre and incredible things. Frankly, I don't understand your refusal to believe that this so called "megalithic site" is natural.

Refusal ? That is a bit extreme .. I am 'undecided' nor is able to conclude one way or another ... until I am provided with more conclusive data one way or another I would rather lean towards the people that offered the speculative nature of the current state of events regarding the site.

So what ? One way or another it doesn't mean anything out of the ordinary regarding anything ~ If it is proven conclusively to be natural erosion ( Which I do still doubt regarding some of the characteristics along the lines of deterministic angles, shapes and sides shown in the pic) well done ... if not well let's look a little closer ... if you are busy don't let it bother you ... come back later when you are free ... I am sure there are many professionals and experts available to get to the bottom of this one way or another ~

Interesting. It seems to me to be natural with the possibility of human shaping going on (early attempt at temple forming?) - another for the catalogue of those structures that could be natural, could be man-made. Obvious answer: could be both.

Why is it obvious?

• Like 1

I think it all looks totally naturally formed.

There's a great deal of trouble in this forum with distinguishing between "I think it might be" and "It certainly, without doubt is". Pointing that out, like you do in post 38, is almost rude.

--Jaylemurph

:cry: Great, another natural rock formation that LOOKS like it could possibly be man made, just because the rocks have a somewhat geometrical shape, which is not that uncommon in nature.

This must be Putin's version of the Bosnian pyramids.

I can just see Vlad rushing out to the site now, bare chested and excavating this Russian megalithic site, bare handed, while ordering Russian TV to film and broadcast the entire thing. Then he says 'Look at this, Ukraine and whole world, Mother Russia is still and always was the greatest!.

• Like 1

:cry: Great, another natural rock formation that LOOKS like it could possibly be man made, just because the rocks have a somewhat geometrical shape, which is not that uncommon in nature.

This must be Putin's version of the Bosnian pyramids.

I can just see Vlad rushing out to the site now, bare chested and excavating this Russian megalithic site, bare handed, while ordering Russian TV to film and broadcast the entire thing. Then he says 'Look at this, Ukraine and whole world, Mother Russia is still and always was the greatest!.

Dont even get me started on the Bosnian Pyramids...a shape which, just isnt found in nature... ever.. :lol:

Dont even get me started on the Bosnian Pyramids...a shape which, just isnt found in nature... ever.. :lol:

Just like the Yonaguni underwater ruins. First time I ever heard of it, I was watching The History Channel. They were diving from a boat and filming the so called 'ruins' and I was thinking... hmm... that looks somewhat too random to be man made. Then they were back on the boat and in the background ... some cliffs on land ... that looked EXACTLY like the underwater site! LOL. These guys couldn't stop at claiming real man made sites like the ones in Egypt and Central America were built by aliens, now they have to start making up new alien built sites out of natural rock formations. :rolleyes: