Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Against Ukraine War? Obama May Seize Your

preacherman76

Declaring a "national emergency" over the planned referendum in Crimea to determine whether or not to join Russia, the US president asserts that asset seizure is possible for any US person "determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State":

(i) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly, any of the following:
(A) actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine;

(
B)
actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine; or

© misappropriation of state assets of Ukraine or of an economically significant entity in Ukraine;

The Executive Order is, as usual, so broadly written that it leaves nearly everything open to interpretation.

For example, what are "direct or indirect...actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine"? Could that be someone writing an article that takes issue with the US policy that the Crimea referendum is illegal and illegitimate? Could it be standing up in a public meeting and expressing the view that Ukraine would be better off with nationwide referenda to determine whether other regions should become autonomous or joined to neighboring countries? What if a Polish-American appears on a radio or television program suggesting that parts of Poland incorporated into Ukraine after WWII should be returned to Polish authority?

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/march/14/against-ukraine-war-obama-may-seize-your-assets.aspx

The president will probably not seize the assets of Americans in the scenarios above. But he says he can.

• Like 1

thiswillnotendwell_zpsa467d1d2.jpeg

Oh well....the great crapstorm begins...

soon01_zps176ec825.jpg

• Like 2

The vague wording in lesser laws like this is almost never questioned, while we struggle on the most clear legal language available in our own Constitution.

I think that Vitali Klitschko is a great boxer. Am I safe?

• Like 1

WTF - why does a state of national emergency have to be called over a bunch of people in another country LEGALLY VOTING on succession?

• Like 1

WTF - why does a state of national emergency have to be called over a bunch of people in another country LEGALLY VOTING on succession?

An excuse to throw the Constitution in the waste basket?

That's what happens when a corrupt GOV promises loan guarantees to money junkies on the backs of american taxpayers.

• Like 2

An excuse to throw the Constitution in the waste basket?

From what I've seen said here, that Bill of Rights is a Bill of Right in the Bin for a while now.

becase it may give ideas to people here.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

That is what I was wondering. What is the Emergency? Maybe if Mexico or Canada was being invaded.....

This seems like a stronger, more aggressive attack against the American people then the weak sanctions are against the Russian government.

I think there needs to be a Federal Definition of "National Emergency".

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/03/17/letter-blocking-property-additional-persons-contributing-situation-ukrai

Edited by DieChecker

The Sanctions imposed on Russia is seven Russians have had their assets seized. The Russians are calling Obama a joke.

The Sanctions imposed on Russia is seven Russians have had their assets seized. The Russians are calling Obama a joke.

seven Russians involved in the Crimea Incident, or just seven random Russians who just happened to be be at the IRS offices that day?

seven Russians involved in the Crimea Incident, or just seven random Russians who just happened to be be at the IRS offices that day?

Two were Putins aids I believe.

Two were Putins aids I believe.

OHH NO.

Who's next, the Tea Lady? Or the ultimate sanction, Putin's Golf Caddy??

• Like 1

With sanctions like that Russia should flip over, belly up, and beg the Europeans for aid getting their troops out of Ukraine by the weekend. (Sarcasm!!)

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think that some of our leaders do not have a firm grip on reality.

I'm beginning to think that some of our leaders do not have a firm grip on reality.

Nooo......