Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeland Security Unscheduled Drill

OverSword

Really Aquatus?

**sigh**

Jeremiah's going to try to make a point again...

You still refuse to accept the fact that there has been that exact scenario played out in schools before?

Never said or even pretended that nothing of the kind has occurred before. Not even here, in the actual post that you are accusing me of having done so. Try reading it again. Might help, might not, not really holding out too much hope at this time.

...if I remember correctly...the pic that was 'chosen" was actually from that type of scenario. Cops stormed in, weapons drawn, shouting for the students to get on the floor.

Yes, in stark contrast to what was implied, that the students had absolutely no idea what was going on, and in stark contrast to the actual unrelated picture accompanying the article, which neither has cops storming in, screaming, nor students dropping to the ground, in terror or otherwise.

In fact, the picture has two police officers cautiously watching the hallway, weapons pointed at the floor, while a third police officer, weapon pointed at the floor as well, is looking around the corner. The students, all wearing safety goggles, are crawling out of the danger area. Heck, the girl in white looks like she's laughing.

Hardly the signs of an unexpected and traumatizing event, with screaming and terror and such.

Now you can defend this all you want.

What the event? The event is inconsequential, no matter how much people such as yourselves want it to mean something, heck, anything.

You'll notice (well, not you, personally, probably won't, but most people) that most of my objections have less to do with the event and more with the utterly ridiculous logic, abysmal critical thinking skills, and low standards for verifiability even at the most casual cursory level.

The worst thing that people who support this thread are doing is promoting weak minds and sloppy thinking habits.

I hope your children and family have to endure this situation at some point.

Hmm...what you consider to be a traumatizing event, you are wishing that other children someday experience. So, as long as it happens to the children of the people whose parents have opinions you don't agree with, you're okay with it, even hopeful, that it occurs to them.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I could see this giving impressionable young minds PTSD.

Strange. Even children actually living in warzones can get out of it without showing symptoms of PTSD. But then, judging by your above statement, it doesn't sound like you have a much experience with how children are affected by certain events and situations.

You don't like that I believe this is all conditioning for the police state...

I don't really care what you believe. What I don't like is how you make a habit of not thinking for yourself. You come up with an opinion and decide that it is fact.

which is exactly what it is...

Case in point.

but that's fine...you are free to view this in whatever light you choose...

I choose to view it in the context of how schoolchildren have shown themselves to act in the emergency management scenarios that have been a regular part of the school curriculum for almost 100 years now.

How are you going to view it? With a cute little picture somebody else made?

lookatallthebothersIgive_zpsb8b5c2cd.gif

Oh.

Edited by aquatus1

OverSword

I had no idea that you were a CT! Goes to show one can learn something new every day! :tu:

OverSword

I had no idea that you were a CT! Goes to show one can learn something new every day! :tu:

Oversword is not a CTer. He can accept facts and evidence and admit when he is wrong. Those are traits that CTers don't posess.

I would agree with that, to a greater or lesser extent. I won't say he isn't a CTer, but he certainly isn't as far gone as some of the ones we have on this site.

Oh, I'm definetly a CT'er. I don't even deny that. That doesn't mean I'm incapable of seeing reason (occassionaly)

• Like 2

**sigh**

Jeremiah's going to try to make a point again...

Never said or even pretended that nothing of the kind has occurred before. Not even here, in the actual post that you are accusing me of having done so. Try reading it again. Might help, might not, not really holding out too much hope at this time.

Yes, in stark contrast to what was implied, that the students had absolutely no idea what was going on, and in stark contrast to the actual unrelated picture accompanying the article, which neither has cops storming in, screaming, nor students dropping to the ground, in terror or otherwise.

In fact, the picture has two police officers cautiously watching the hallway, weapons pointed at the floor, while a third police officer, weapon pointed at the floor as well, is looking around the corner. The students, all wearing safety goggles, are crawling out of the danger area. Heck, the girl in white looks like she's laughing.

Hardly the signs of an unexpected and traumatizing event, with screaming and terror and such.

What the event? The event is inconsequential, no matter how much people such as yourselves want it to mean something, heck, anything.

You'll notice (well, not you, personally, probably won't, but most people) that most of my objections have less to do with the event and more with the utterly ridiculous logic, abysmal critical thinking skills, and low standards for verifiability even at the most casual cursory level.

The worst thing that people who support this thread are doing is promoting weak minds and sloppy thinking habits.

Hmm...what you consider to be a traumatizing event, you are wishing that other children someday experience. So, as long as it happens to the children of the people whose parents have opinions you don't agree with, you're okay with it, even hopeful, that it occurs to them.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Strange. Even children actually living in warzones can get out of it without showing symptoms of PTSD. But then, judging by your above statement, it doesn't sound like you have a much experience with how children are affected by certain events and situations.

I don't really care what you believe. What I don't like is how you make a habit of not thinking for yourself. You come up with an opinion and decide that it is fact.

Case in point.

I choose to view it in the context of how schoolchildren have shown themselves to act in the emergency management scenarios that have been a regular part of the school curriculum for almost 100 years now.

How are you going to view it? With a cute little picture somebody else made?

Oh.

Here's another cute picture for you...

clapping_bunny.gif

Hey...then we agree to disagree.

You see everything the GOV does as the actions of some great benevolent entity...I do not. I see a corrupt and twisted organization with too much power as it is and looking for ways to shore that up and usurp more power from the people...by whatever means necessary...including mental and emotional conditioning.

But that's fine. Poor attempts to insult my point of view won't change it.

I guess we all hide and watch and see who was right and who wrong. I'm sure it won't take much longer...

• Like 3

Here's another cute picture for you...

clapping_bunny.gif

The sad part is that these are the strongest parts of your arguments.

Hey...then we agree to disagree.

No we don't! (kidding).

You see everything the GOV does as the actions of some great benevolent entity...

Not even close. Heck I'm not even talking about the government; that's how far off you are.

I do not. I see a corrupt and twisted organization with too much power as it is and looking for ways to shore that up and usurp more power from the people...by whatever means necessary...including mental and emotional conditioning.

Yep, figured that out from your first post here, and you haven't really added anything to it, so...

But that's fine. Poor attempts to insult my point of view won't change it.

It wasn't your point of view I was insulting, and it wasn't insulting as much as it was contemptuous. Pretty much the same way I disapprove of all manners of lazy thinking.

I guess we all hide and watch and see who was right and who wrong. I'm sure it won't take much longer...

You go ahead and hide. I'll continue living out in the real world.

That's what that picture is suggesting to you?

Lets see

Gun drawn, kids on the ground done hunched and walking.... Yeah. If the drill played out like that there would have Ben yelling to get down and all sorts of things that's how police train. I just don't know if the picture was an actual picture if what they were going or done kind of staged picture where all the kids knew exactly what was going on.

Lets see

Gun drawn, kids on the ground done hunched and walking.... Yeah.

Which is not quite the same thing as "charged into the school guns drawn and screaming", is it?

If the drill played out like that there would have Ben yelling to get down and all sorts of things that's how police train.

The last thing you want to do in a hostage situation is wave your gun around and scream at people to get down (you are mixing up the role of the police and the criminal). That's cop show garbage. In the real world, people make themselves as small as they can or skedaddle on out of there. Your job as the police officer is to assess the situation, keep everyone calm, and get them out as quickly and safely as possible. It gets more hairy if the criminal is actually present and posing an imminent danger, but if he isn't around and you aren't hearing any potential victims, the hostages are your first priority.

I just don't know if the picture was an actual picture if what they were going or done kind of staged picture where all the kids knew exactly what was going on.

Well, being that the kids are all wearing eye protection, and walking on all fours (I've never seen that happen in emergency situations), it's more than likely the kids knew exactly what was going on.

Edited by aquatus1

Good gracious, Scheming, why it's almost like you've thought your position through in an intelligent and reasoned matter and come to a conclusion that you feel reflects the reality of the context in which it is being discussed in, in spite of it not ending with righteous indignation at the consequences and the search for a scapegoat for any and all troubles, regardless of how tenuous the connection might be.

I dont like coming back to posts after such a long time but I just saw this and it made me laugh, and I appreciate that you may not entirely agree with what I said yet still see my string of logic.

I raise my glass in your direction.