Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeland Security Unscheduled Drill

OverSword

lmao. next week, cavity search drill, all be prepared, wash your behind, or you'll be charged with assault on cop if your behind stinks.

p.s. this thread shows who's already conditioned.

Like we didn't already know (stellar)
  • Like 1

And yeah, the irony of accusing people of being "conditioned" while simultaneously not even bothering to do enough of a background check to note the picture accompanying an article is a picture plucked from Google Image is just plain mind-boggling.

Have to disagree with you Aquatus. Although I didn't google this picture I often do place pictures I googled in my posts to make for a more dramatic effect, just as they do in the articles on the front page of this web site Unexplained Mysteries. Nothingmind boggling about it.

Have to agree..with a thunderstorm, I am taught to get out of the pool and put down the fishing rod. With a runaway car, I am taught to look both ways..

In school? Laughable.

Excuse me, when did the fire department ever show up at a school fire drill? It quite clearly states that 10 HLS officers where at the school. If they weren't part of the drill (like shown in the photo, and just what type of event was that photo from) then why were they there.

Excuse me, but if you read the article, it states that not all 10 are from the DHS. Perhaps you should read your articles before going out and crying wolf.

As for when firefighters show up to fire drills: almost every time I've been involved in a firedrill they've shown up.

Stellar, please stay in where you don't mind exchanging freedom for protection. We in the US are not liking it.

Where I'm from, the word "freedom" has an actual meaning behind it, rather than being just some catch-word to be thrown around baselessly when you want to stir up emotion at the face of any action taken by someone official that you can spin to suit your agenda.

Edited by Stellar
  • Like 1

In school? Laughable.

Of course not in a school..what kind of ridiculous comment was that? Why would there be a runaway car in the hallway? Or lightning..in the hallway. Sometimes I really have to sit back and think if some of you are just playing dumb or....nevermind.

And you wanted a reason why 10 officers might be in the school if not participating? Someone has to assess the reaction.

As for when firefighters show up to fire drills: almost every time I've been involved in a firedrill they've shown up.

Really? Maybe in Canada (meant to type that when referencing where you're from) But I don't recall ever seeing so much as one fireman at a school fire drill. Of course I haven't been in public school since 1983 sooo....

fire drills often happen not only in schools but in places of work, every school or office building in usa has a fire director\marshal, that is not a fd emploee. FD only show up if fire alarm actually gets set off. usualy, but not always. sometimes a fire chief can be present during drills, but i have seen it only few times, out of hundreds of drills that i saw, but never fireengine or firefighters.

i actualy was floor fire director once, in my old work location. still have fire director armband.

despite of what many think, fire in high rise buildings does not require evacuation of entire building, fire alarm itself does not get set off thru entire building, only affected floor and floor above.

as for school terror drill, i think they are totaly useless, because as reality shows, no cops ever got to shooting in time to stop or prevent, they either get when shooter is done, and gives up, or when he is done, and already killed himself, or waiting for "suicide by cop". the only thing it will "train" kids is how to walk out single file with arms raised, looking at guns pointed at them, it has happened before.

Edited by aztek

Q9. Why do firefighters show up for school/work fire drills?

A9. A firefighter’s main responsibility is to assure life safety on all emergency calls. During a fire drill, firefighters get an opportunity to familiarize themselves to the layout of each building during non-emergency conditions as well as, and most importantly, monitor the progress of the building evacuation.

When firefighters show up to a fire, ensuring all occupants are out of the building is the first priority. Extinguishing the fire is the next step and many times firefighters can find trapped/impaired/lost occupants easier and faster by extinguishing the fire and removing the fire products.

http://fire.amarillo.gov/?page_id=105

http://www.northlake...1-EBB2D54E83CD}

Smoke in the air, children evacuating the school, fire trucks and ambulances responding, sounds like a real life disaster doesn’t it? And that is exactly what happened at RMMHS on morning of Tuesday, September 24, 2013.

http://www.bighorn1....fire-drill.html

Umm..yea..not so uncommon. And we had firetrucks at my school for SOME fire drills.

Edited by Agent0range

When firefighters show up to a fire, ensuring all occupants are out of the building is the first priority.

lmao. i know for a fact it is not the case. and any fdny emploee will tell you that.

Edited by aztek

When firefighters show up to a fire, ensuring all occupants are out of the building is the first priority.

lmao. i know for a fact it is not the case. and any fdny emploee will tell you that.

Congratulations. You have just made the most obvious statement in the history of mankind.

Agreed, as any time you get the fire department out to your school you would also get a big fat bill at any time except annual inspections of public fcilities and possibly even then. Never have I seen a fire truck or even a fire fighter at a fire drill.

in many juricdictions firefighters are not paid profesionals as FDNY, but volenteres, never seen fdny bill for false alarm, or response to fire or accident. but may be volenter FD does thing differently.

Edited by aztek

Agreed, as any time you get the fire department out to your school you would also get a big fat bill at any time except annual inspections of public fcilities and possibly even then. Never have I seen a fire truck or even a fire fighter at a fire drill.

Except in the examples I posted?

My "claim", if you chose to listen, is that people like you instantly vilify everything and anything that anyone associated with the government does. Self-righteous fraud? That's quite the ironic accusation coming from someone who routinely trumpets his "open mindedness" and his ability to see through the "lies" that everyone else is tricked by.

Agreed. Im mean what could possibly go wrong allowing several hundred kids, and teachers to think they are about to get shot in the head by a lunitic??

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

To be fair those were more for the frirefighters benefit than the schools, as you don't practice being burned or having smoke inhalation damage. Right?

Let's get one thing straight...it IS conditioning...we can agree on that.

The slumbering ones admit this is to "condition" people how to respond to a threat of a lunatic with a gun.

The rest of us know this is conditioning our children on how to respond to a threat of a lunatic with a gun...AND a badge to boot...

Edited by Jeremiah65

The slumbering ones admit this is to "condition" people how to respond to a threat of a lunatic with a gun.

The rest of us know this is conditioning our children on how to respond to a threat of a lunatic with a gun...AND a badge to boot...

Quite true. In the very recent past this particular drill would have been deemed unacceptable and unecessary. IMO it still should be. I'm not afraid of terrosts. At least not the kind our government would have me fear.

Quite true. In the very recent past this particular drill would have been deemed unacceptable and unecessary. IMO it still should be. I'm not afraid of terrosts. At least not the kind our government would have me fear.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"...

Because people now fear their own shadows...it's very easy to push and pull them into submission...to willingly accept the boot on the back of their necks.

Just a little reminder folks...no one lives forever. If a terrorist killed me tomorrow...oh well. I am not so arrogant as to think that the world will change upon my death...and neither should anyone else. I hate to say this...but not a single person out there is so valuable that I want to give my freedom up so they will not be afraid. When it's time to go...die with some damn dignity.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Have to disagree with you Aquatus. Although I didn't google this picture I often do place pictures I googled in my posts to make for a more dramatic effect, just as they do in the articles on the front page of this web site Unexplained Mysteries. Nothingmind boggling about it.

Yes, I'm sure that one can justify it any number of ways. The simple fact remains that it is a picture which is completely unrelated to the article, which was taken several years ago, but most mind-bogglingly...it was never even questioned by anyone other than the skeptics.

Think about what it is that you are saying: Right off the bat you are claiming that the sole purpose of the picture is dramatization. In an article that you are claiming is indicative of a blatant (and utterly ham-handed) attempt by the government to "condition" children, you need additional drama? That's right up there with OMG! and WTF! in giving the article any sort of credibility. It's like not even you take the article seriously enough to consider it worth posting without spicing it up a bit.

Bullroar.

"So the younger generations get used to a constant Neo-Gestapo presence around all the time and in charge of everything."

Please. Drama queen.

It's called training, kiddo. Been done since the beginning of time.

Yes, well, having seen this example of what you consider "knowledge", and how well it ties in with some other claims being made here, it doesn't stand for much.

Learn the difference between training and conditioning, then you might have an argument of some kind.

Bullroar.

"So the younger generations get used to a constant Neo-Gestapo presence around all the time and in charge of everything."

Please. Drama queen.

It is conditioning either way you look at it. It's either conditioning to prepare the kids for an emergency or it's conditioning to prepare the kids to feel that it;'s normal to have armed authority figures shouting orders at them. Drama queen.

Edit to ask: is this a picture of the big bang smoking gun?

news-universe-2.jpg

Probably not, just a little picture used to hype the article from the front page right? No disclaimer though so maybe it is the big bang smoking gun. Drama queen my foot. Sorry aquatus just messing around a little.

Edited by OverSword

In school? Laughable.

Really? Maybe in Canada (meant to type that when referencing where you're from)

To be fair those were more for the frirefighters benefit than the schools, as you don't practice being burned or having smoke inhalation damage. Right?

Seriously, what are you trying to do here? Your entire basis for your argument is that you don't remember doing it in school, therefore it isn't something that has ever been done at anyone's school ever, even though multiple examples and experiences have been related to you.

Who are you trying to convince, yourself?

I learned about lightning at school, or possible Boy Scouts. Either way, the claim that learning about in school being "laughable" is itself pretty laughable. You never covered that in high school science? More importantly, it is inconceivable to you, to the point of being laughable, that how lightning works is covered in high school science?

Are you seriously contesting that government employees attend and even participate in drills and demonstrations? That's so shocking to you that you can't even conceive of it happening in America, and it must be in some faraway foreign Big Brother dictatorship like Canada? Are you so eager to find a reason to not believe it that even when you have been shown so many examples that you can no longer deny that it occurs, you have to fall back to implying that the fire department is trying to make a buck out of it, and that they never actually show up at the school, and when they do, well, it's really more for their benefit, screw the kids.

I suspect you are simply infatuated with the idea that you aren't scared of the big bad government. Which isn't all that different from the rest of us; We are no more scared of the government than we are of shooters, terrorists, or hurricanes and earthquakes. Nor do we consider preparation for the unlikely event of their occurring a sign of fear, any more than the golfer packing away his clubs when he sees an approaching storm fears lightning. Respecting a danger isn't the same as fearing it.

But that is neither here nor there, really. What is it with all this thumping of the chest, lately, over the most chicken little scenarios that could be imagined? Has the bar really fallen so low in the world of the conspiracy theorists? "The government is buying all the bullets!", "The government says that coughing is a sign of terrorism!", "The government is randomly conducting terror drills in our schools!", seriously, for a group of people who insist every other post that they don't fear their government, they sure as heck jump and panic ever time they notice something the government has been doing for several years already.

• Like 1

I'm not going to copy all of that but let me say this Aquatus1...I am afraid of the government. Who has the power on a daily basis to ruin my existence? Some terror group from the other side of the world or some organization that keeps tabs on my every financial transaction, opinion as posted online, income, taxes, right to drive, vote purchase....you name it. In what reality wouldn't that entity rightly be ranked as the highest threat to my personal freedom and safety? Second and unescesarily, did you have lightning strike drills in school? No of course not, so why bring that up? It is a laughable example, obviously. and to quote you

What is it with all this thumping of the chest, lately, over the most chicken little scenarios that could be imagined?

Exactly. What are the statistical chances of having to worry about an armed intruder shooting up a school. Nearly zero. So why does HLS feel the need to scare the bejebeez out of these students and teachers? Maybe because fear is control. Maybe just to see how much people will complain this once before they do it some more. Who knows, but it creeps me the "F" out brother.

Fine I'm insane for thinking our government wants to control us through fear. Have it your way. But your way is wrong and I'm not insane.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

It is conditioning either way you look at it.

No, it is not.

It's either conditioning to prepare the kids for an emergency or it's conditioning to prepare the kids to feel that it;'s normal to have armed authority figures shouting orders at them.

No, it is not.

Drama queen.

I stand by my epithet.

Edit to ask: is this a picture of the big bang smoking gun?

Probably not, just a little picture used to hype the article from the front page right? No disclaimer though so maybe it is the big bang smoking gun. Drama queen my foot. Sorry aquatus just messing around a little.

Actually, posting a picture like that with the headline "Is this A Picture of the Big Bang Smoking Gun?" would be considered overly dramatic. Even if it did turn out to be so.

Basically, any time your headline is so dubious that it has to be posed as a question, chances are good that it is being dramatized.