Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeland Security Unscheduled Drill

OverSword

Aquatus must have family in the law enforcement profession...

He doth protest too much

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

I'm not a fan of this type of training at all... The kids should have been given a drill like a fire or tornado drill and taught where to go, what to do - without armed police there, and knowing full well

that it was a drill... While the police practice the actual tactics at a "Hogan's Alley" type training center - such as an Army MOUT (fake town)...

What would they have done if one of these kids had a serious anxiety attack and hurt themself, or another?...

bad bad idea...

I still maintain that one of the first things I would do if suddenyl I was president would be to disband Homeland Security...

Where did your claim of armed police come from in reference to this event?

Soo...the picture has nothing to do with the article....that has been confirmed already...nice work captain Obvious.

Mrobvious1_zpsf5802165.jpg

But...the fact that the picture is real and from a real "drill" should be alarming...but...never mind that...everything is just fine...sleep well...perhaps you and yours will be the last ones to be black bagged in the night.

• Like 1

Soo...the picture has nothing to do with the article....that has been confirmed already...nice work captain Obvious.

But...the fact that the picture is real and from a real "drill" should be alarming...but...never mind that...everything is just fine...sleep well...perhaps you and yours will be the last ones to be black bagged in the night.

I will sleep well while you sleep in fear. You will live the rest of your life in pointless fear while I will just go about my business as usual until I die. Who is the loser in that situation?

Indeed it is a drill, but it is not related to this "unannounced" drill.

Taun had mentioned that he had a problem with police having drawn weapons in an unannounced drill. First of all, there's no indication in the article regarding the unannounced drill that police had weapons drawn or even participating as anything more than observers. If he's basing his "weapons drawn" comment on the picture, well, that drill was not unannounced. The children knew full well it was a drill. So save me your BS Capt. Obvious comments and keep up with whats going on in this thread.

Aquatus must have family in the law enforcement profession...

Actually, I was the first to have anything to do with law enforcement, back in the First Gulf War.

He doth protest too much

Sure. About inanity. Not about law enforcement.

See if you can actually contribute to the discussion, Captain Obvious.

Edited by aquatus1

Unannounced drills are not traumatizing. Kids are not some trembling little psychologically frail babies. Training and drilling generates proper reaction under stress. I think it should be done at every school. I myself go into class rooms and train children. Scaring kids about things they they should indeed be afraid of is not a bad thing. We do not live in a Sugar n spice an every thing nice world.

Where does all this lame rhetoric about the US come from. Some of you people watch to much television.

Edited by White Crane Feather

No one disagrees, to the best of my knowledge. The question is whether or not anyone was actually scared.

But it doesn't really address the actual question, does it? Was anyone afraid? There don't seem to be any reports of it. There aren't even any reports of anyone being particularly put out.

And, in all fairness, that's kind of been my stance from the start of the thread with everyone, not just you.

Isn't that a bit circular? For the record, I disagree that using genuine state officers raised the level of stress in any remarkable degree and I disagree with the reference to militarized bureaucracies, but that aside, what exactly is the point of conditioning students to do something they already do?

When a cop or a firefighter in an emergency situation tells you to go somewhere, you go. That gets taught to us in kindergarden, not in high school.

And it is why it is called conditioning. But as I have stated several times now, it is the repetition that is lacking. They don't do this on a daily basis. Heck, I wasn't able to find anything that indicated that they even did this on a monthly basis.

Why does it matter? Times change, cultures change, society changes. Once upon a time, there were no such things as fire drills.

I agree it is a process. I teach it. What they are doing here isn't it.

Did you notice the commonality in all your examples? The one that is blatantly missing in public high schools?

Nah. They are just easier to work with. Doesn't mean you can half-ass it, though. Just because they are young doesn't mean you don't have to do it right.

If there aren't any reports of anyone being particularly scared, then that is even scarier than my original point.

I'd concede that if it has become so normal that they aren't scared, then the conditioning has become effective.

I'll agree society changes, just as governments change to adapt to said societal change to better govern through policies that agree with the public's mindset and growth.

It's just a matter of "Is this change beneficial or detrimental to the way the American Republic was supposed to be?"

I'll concede all my examples are fairly dull and are emphasized not to mislead, but to indicate prime historical examples where the youth was taken advantage of by a government / organization.

If there aren't any reports of anyone being particularly scared, then that is even scarier than my original point.

Why? Are you scared that people aren't scared of earthquake drills or fire drills?

I'd concede that if it has become so normal that they aren't scared, then the conditioning has become effective.

What conditioning? The one from kindergarten about obeying cops and firefighters?

I'll agree society changes, just as governments change to adapt to said societal change to better govern through policies that agree with the public's mindset and growth.

Ergo, it isn't the government that is conditioning the people. The government is simply adapting to the people.

It's just a matter of "Is this change beneficial or detrimental to the way the American Republic was supposed to be?"

And, of course, option C:

Does this change have any significant effect at all?

I'll concede all my examples are fairly dull and are emphasized not to mislead, but to indicate prime historical examples where the youth was taken advantage of by a government / organization.

That's not what they all have in common. That's not what they don't have in common with public schools. Come on, I suspect you know the answer.

Edited by aquatus1

If the government has no interest in 'conditioning' the public perception, I wonder why a century ago Woodrow Wilson hired Edward Bernays into the government?

Public relations is nothing but the manipulation of how the public perceives what the government is doing. Today we call it spin, and the government is very much into it.

• Like 1

Denial is not a river in Egypt....

Correct. It is little more than a tired cliche by someone without an original thought in their mind (comes from focusing so much on telling others they don't think for themselves that you forget to think for yourself). But hey, feel free to show us how much you are not a sheep by posting more memes and quoting more and more tired cliches! That'll show us what an individual you are!

A1 you are nothing if not thorough. (or weird)

• Like 1

So they are scaring 400 kids in submission? Boy, that will do so very much to further their "agenda" (God I hate that word, it is so overused on this forum by people that can't think for themselves). Until this becomes a widespread thing in schools, it makes no sense to come up with some sort of crazy theory. Conducting an exercise in .000001% of schools does not signify any sort of conspiracy.

Must disagree with you, as usual. The reason that this drill was run at such a small scale was likely to gauge the amount of outrage it would or would not incite.

Must disagree with you, as usual. The reason that this drill was run at such a small scale was likely to gauge the amount of outrage it would or would not incite.

Well of course you would disagree. It would make your propaganda filled OP make even less sense if you didn't.

OMG and WTF! LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!

Oh, and check out this completely unrelated article if you feel like it.

Edited by Agent0range

Indeed it is a drill, but it is not related to this "unannounced" drill.

Taun had mentioned that he had a problem with police having drawn weapons in an unannounced drill. First of all, there's no indication in the article regarding the unannounced drill that police had weapons drawn or even participating as anything more than observers. If he's basing his "weapons drawn" comment on the picture, well, that drill was not unannounced. The children knew full well it was a drill. So save me your BS Capt. Obvious comments and keep up with whats going on in this thread.

Well actually I didn't say "with drawn weapons"... but "armed police"... I realise the photo is not from that exercise, but I could not read the link as my work computer blocks most of them... I still stand by what I wrote though...

Well of course you would disagree. It would make your propaganda filled OP make even less sense if you didn't.

OMG and WTF! LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!

Oh, and check out this completely unrelated article if you feel like it.

Why don't you complain about pictures of bigfoot I've pasted in that are unrelated to the bigfoot stories I've posted?

If that image is the best reason to oppose this article that you've got, then you must not have much of a leg to stand on in your opposition to the premise that this excercise is not a good thing for American society.

Why don't you complain about pictures of bigfoot I've pasted in that are unrelated to the bigfoot stories I've posted?

If that image is the best reason to oppose this article that you've got, then you must not have much of a leg to stand on in your opposition to the premise that this excercise is not a good thing for American society.

Well, probably because I don't really frequent the bigfoot section? That isn't the only reason to oppose the article. Earlier in the thread we pointed out numerous instances of firefighters and firetrucks attending fire drills, and your biggest argument was lightning strikes...

The point is, the people that you know will be outraged by the picture on this forum are the same people you know aren't smart enough to realize it wasn't associated with the article..and that is exactly what you were going for.

Well, probably because I don't really frequent the bigfoot section? That isn't the only reason to oppose the article. Earlier in the thread we pointed out numerous instances of firefighters and firetrucks attending fire drills, and your biggest argument was lightning strikes...

The point is, the people that you know will be outraged by the picture on this forum are the same people you know aren't smart enough to realize it wasn't associated with the article..and that is exactly what you were going for.

So just who are you saying is not smart enough to be aware of that? Especially since that fact has been beaten like a dead horse since the first page.

Well actually I didn't say "with drawn weapons"... but "armed police"... I realise the photo is not from that exercise, but I could not read the link as my work computer blocks most of them... I still stand by what I wrote though...

I interpreted your "armed police" as "with weapons drawn" since, first of all, most police are armed, and second of all, the only reference to arms is that picture, in which they are drawn. Nowhere in the article does it state that the police are armed, does it?

Personally, I would completely disagree with having police run around a school with their weapons drawn and no children knowing what's going on---but that didn't happen, did it? In the one example, the children was aware of the training exercise. In the other, it states nowhere that the police were armed.

So just who are you saying is not smart enough to be aware of that? Especially since that fact has been beaten like a dead horse since the first page.

The only reason the picture issue has been beaten to death is because certain people don't just take your bull**** spin techniques---they think for themselves.

It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

lmao. may be because he does not answer dumb questions?? the pic is from the link in op article. have you even opened links in first post ???????

Edited by aztek

lmao. may be because he does not answer dumb questions?? the pic is from the link in op article. have you even opened links in first post ???????

Not where he copied the picture from...where the actual picture originated. Derp.

I will gladly answer that question. Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

I will gladly answer that question. Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

Wait..so you thought the picture was really from event in the article?