Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homeland Security Unscheduled Drill

OverSword

Unannounced drills are not traumatizing. Kids are not some trembling little psychologically frail babies. Training and drilling generates proper reaction under stress. I think it should be done at every school. I myself go into class rooms and train children. Scaring kids about things they they should indeed be afraid of is not a bad thing. We do not live in a Sugar n spice an every thing nice world.

Where does all this lame rhetoric about the US come from. Some of you people watch to much television.

Hey bro.

I gotta disagree with ya here. Being traumatized at the annoucement that one or more people with guns are on there way to kill you seems to me like a perfectly reasonable responce. So much so that it wouldnt surprize me to find out one or more of the kids might end up dead trying to escape, out say a second or third story window.

Also, thinking the US government is all about conditioning the public through fear as lame rhetoric realy baffles me. These are the most blood thirsty, power hungry, liars alive today. Take this Ukraine thing. 0bama just put our entire country in emergency status, where he can basicaly turn full dictator, and can,hurt, imprison, indefinitly detain anyone, for whatever reason he wants with no due process.

Hey bro.

I gotta disagree with ya here. Being traumatized at the annoucement that one or more people with guns are on there way to kill you seems to me like a perfectly reasonable responce. So much so that it wouldnt surprize me to find out one or more of the kids might end up dead trying to escape, out say a second or third story window.

Also, thinking the US government is all about conditioning the public through fear as lame rhetoric realy baffles me. These are the most blood thirsty, power hungry, liars alive today. Take this Ukraine thing. 0bama just put our entire country in emergency status, where he can basicaly turn full dictator, and can,hurt, imprison, indefinitly detain anyone, for whatever reason he wants with no due process.

So you believe they never told them it would be a drill until it's done? That they made the students believe it's real? I see no indication for that.

Wait..so you thought the picture was really from event in the article?

Would it matter if I did?

So you believe they never told them it would be a drill until it's done? That they made the students believe it's real? I see no indication for that.

I did assume that thats what unannounced meant. Please correct me if Im wrong.

No you are right there, but it was the lockdown procedure that was unannounced. Neither of the articles stated that the students were told that there was a gunman or not, or if they were told it was a drill after the lockdown procedure had been executed.

Not where he copied the picture from...where the actual picture originated. Derp.

go back to school and learn how to read again.

quoting for dummies; It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

No you are right there, but it was the lockdown procedure that was unannounced. Neither of the articles stated that the students were told that there was a gunman or not, or if they were told it was a drill after the lockdown procedure had been executed.

That's what I meant. The drill was unnanounced, but there is no indication that they told the students it would be a real "gunamn event".

Was it unannounced until that morning, or was it by complete surprise? Because I can find no indication that any parent took issue, I believe the former.

Was it unannounced until that morning, or was it by complete surprise? Because I can find no indication that any parent took issue, I believe the former.

Dont know for sure. But if it was announced just before, I wouldnt understand why it would be news worthy

Dont know for sure. But if it was announced just before, I wouldnt understand why it would be news worthy

Well, both of the articles are highly agenda driven.

• Like 1

Even that could end up bad. Shooter drills arent like other drills. My son was telling me their shooter drill, they are told to huddle in the corner of the room where they cant be seen through the glass on the door. If thats what these kids were told to do, they probably put 2 an 2 together real quick. Unanounced lock down by its self could bring about some undesired results

What else should the kids be doing? I mean, the school is locked down!

Edit: If you tell them all to run, you'll have a panic. And since you cannot know where the shooter is, or how many shooters there are, they might be sent into death if they are told to just run away.

Edited by FLOMBIE

No. But nice touch right?

That was Overswords answer to the question. Clearly he knew the picture was from the link. That shows that he understood it was the origin of the picture that was being asked.

go back to school and learn how to read again.

quoting for dummies; It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

I'm really sick of you and questioning the intelligence of myself and others. You tell me to learn how to read again and "quoting for dummies"? You are basically the village idiot around here Aztek. If I did need to learn how to read again..I damn well better not attempt to learn through ANY of your posts.

• Like 1

Well either way I now feel better about peoples responces to this. Cause Id agree this is basicaly a non issue if they knew the whole time what was happening.

• Like 1

What else should the kids be doing? I mean, the school is locked down!

Edit: If you tell them all to run, you'll have a panic. And since you cannot know where the shooter is, or how many shooters there are, they might be sent into death if they are told to just run away.

Yea, no doubt. To me the only realistic defense is to fight fire with fire and arm security and any teacher willing to train and carry.

I'm really sick of you and questioning the intelligence of myself and others. You tell me to learn how to read again and "quoting for dummies"? You are basically the village idiot around here Aztek. If I did need to learn how to read again..I damn well better not attempt to learn through ANY of your posts.

Thats an amazing statement coming from the spelling cop.

Thats an amazing statement coming from the spelling cop.

The spelling cop? I don't correct anyone's spelling around here. It would be a very very long day if I attempted to. And if you disagree, show me a post where I corrected anyone's spelling (unless it is Aztek after one of his insulting posts).

Edited by Agent0range

Yea, no doubt. To me the only realistic defense is to fight fire with fire and arm security and any teacher willing to train and carry.

Ok, that would be what you think the teachers and security should be doing, not the students.

That was Overswords answer to the question. Clearly he knew the picture was from the link. That shows that he understood it was the origin of the picture that was being asked.

Perhaps you skipped this response I posted.

It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

I will gladly answer that question. Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

Perhaps you skipped this response I posted.

It's interesting to note that when you were asked where you got that picture from, you refused to answer. Why is that?

I will gladly answer that question. Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

Once again, that was the second response days later. And judging from your other posts, you actually believed the photo was of the event in the article. Laughable.

Once again, that was the second response days later. And judging from your other posts, you actually believed the photo was of the event in the article. Laughable.

Yes that was from the second response days later the why of which is very clearly explained.

Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

Also, if I did or did not know that image was or was not from the event that the article is about, what difference would it make? Oh please say something I can report you for.

Yes that was from the second response days later the why of which is very clearly explained.

Comedy. All that needed to be done was click on the link and see the picture. I said that because so many people comment without reading the articles.

Also, if I did or did not know that image was or was not from the event that the article is about, what difference would it make? Oh please say something I can report you for.

So you just find articles and put them on a discussion forum without any kind of verification? What do you think that does to your credibility?

And don't worry..you DID answer one of your previous questions. :tu:

Edited by Agent0range

So you just find articles and put them on a discussion forum without any kind of verification? What do you think that does to your credibility?

Since this is now at 10 pages I assume that many. yourself included are getting entertained right?

To be clear and wether your or others like this or not, I often post articles that I don't necessarily believe in/agree with just to watch the debate. I'm not saying this article is one of those cases or not. The reason I posted that picture at the begining of this thread was to add additional controversy and now I will admit it, knew darn well it was not related to the story but it served it's purpose.

And who knows, I may or may not be lying about anything at any time as I'm pretty well anonymous here on the web. As far as credibility amongst my fellow posters....pblt

Edited by OverSword

lmao. may be because he does not answer dumb questions?? the pic is from the link in op article. have you even opened links in first post ???????

I sure have. It would have been quite simple to state that instead of hiding it.

Since this is now at 10 pages I assume that many. yourself included are getting entertained right?

To be clear and wether your or others like this or not, I often post articles that I don't necessarily believe in/agree with just to watch the debate. I'm not saying this article is one of those cases or not. The reason I posted that picture at the begining of this thread was to add additional controversy and now I will admit it, knew darn well it was not related to the story but it served it's purpose.

And who knows, I may or may not be lying about anything at any time as I'm pretty well anonymous here on the web. As far as credibility amongst my fellow posters....pblt

So you were trying to do exactly what you and numerous others condemn the government for doing. Interesting.

• Like 2