Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

stories anyone?

JustTerri

I have none to share. But, if people start posting, I'll read with interest. If someone wants an explanation, then I'll help provide one (they may not like my answers). Other than that, carry on and I hope others jump in here and help your thread along.

Read this; It's pretty terrifying. The original author who posted it on (I think) Reddit, says it actually happened to them which makes these kinds of stories creepier.

http://creepypasta.w...The_Smiling_Man

Now that was a creepy story. I liked it. Thanks.

(I won't go into any explanations of how it was most decidedly non-supernatural, but it is still freaky. Like a real-life Joker...where was Batman?)

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 2

Read this; It's pretty terrifying. The original author who posted it on (I think) Reddit, says it actually happened to them which makes these kinds of stories creepier.

http://creepypasta.w...The_Smiling_Man

That creeped me out a bit, I dig it.

Now that was a creepy story. I liked it. Thanks.

(I won't go into any explanations of how it was most decidedly non-supernatural, but it is still freaky. Like a real-life Joker...where was Batman?)

It reminded me of the old Men in Black thing - Aliens masquerading as humans and being bad at doing so with their fake smiles and awkward movements and speech. I get more freaked out by the more plausible and sinister things in life and I;m terrified of weird movements and big grins.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

I love that story, but i lost it at this.

, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper: "Whaaat…?"
  • Like 1

One time Me, and a friend stopped at his house to get something.The thing was not where he put it so he went up stairs, and I faced the kitchen counter to partake in a dish of walnuts.I then heard stomping around behind me.I thought immediately that it was my friend that was mad that his wife put the thing away, and rolled my eyes because he gets mad when his wife does not put things away.Then in the corner of my eye I see my friend pop out from coming from upstairs.

He asks me if I heard something.I was like no.Then within seconds it clicked in my mind I saw him go upstairs, and the moment he came back down.I utterdly said "wait a minute...that was not you stomping around?".He turned to me and said "thank you, I thought I was hearing things."Strange things occur in the house every so often ever since they moved in.A younger brother of his reported that an old man would shake his cane at him from the darkness of the top of the stairs leading to the attic while he watched tv in the living room.

Boo!

He hides in the fringes of your vision, brief glimpses of the distorted.

He slithers and writhes behind your eyes, reaching for you limbs contorted.

Before you know it, the children are taken..

And now it's only you.

His breath is oppressive, his presence acidic.

He laughs and gurgles, even screeches with glee.

He turns your head to see, the children who are crying, though their eyes are removed.

They collapse one by one as each limb stabs through... everything then falls silent.

Now he's after you.

Snap_944067925062b40a922e3.png

(Picture by me, same with the poem thing. Enjoy my friends!)

One time I was awoken late one night by some sort of movement on my bed. I didn't know what woke me at first but then I felt something like a hand slap my bed next to my leg. I froze and was silently freaking out, and then I heard the sound of extremely quiet footsteps, like the sound of the pads of the feet peeling off hardwood floor as you walk, and then my door creaked open a bit and it was gone.

I don't sleep with anyone in my room.

I don't let my pets in my room.

My door is usually locked and closed at night.

None of my family members are that quiet.

I told my mom and she said it was probably the cat, but when cats jump down from places they still make a thump, and at the time this occurred I had a queen sized bed that was about 3 feet high. I didn't hear a thump, and it don't think a cat would be able to slap my bed. The slap actually made a loud thump like when a hand hits a mattress or blanket. Plus a cat can't open a locked door.

One time I went to McDonald's & ordered a combo. I asked them to super size it... But they took away that option. afraid.gif

True story.

Edited by Dumpnuts
  • Like 4

I usually don't share my experiences, as most of them happened when I was little and not even I am sure of their authenticity anymore. But this one happened about 5-6 years ago, so it's still fairly fresh in my mind.

As bizarre as this story may sound, I swear that I am telling it as I remember it. I accept the possibility that it could have been a dream or my eyes playing tricks on me. Nonetheless, I still find it to be one of my most disturbing memories.

Once, I was spending the night in an unfinished room (there were no lights installed yet, among other things) at my parents' home. I have problems with insomnia, so I had been laying awake in bed for a while. I am quite positive that I wasn't asleep; I didn't even feel tired at the time. There was a shelf lining one wall of the room, and at one point I looked at it and saw what appeared to be, a dismembered human torso (seriously) floating a couple inches off one of the shelves. Horrified, I just lied there staring at it, waiting for my brain to make sense of what it was really seeing. It didn't go away, and still looked like a torso.

Like I said, there were no lights installed in the room yet, and I had stupidly neglected to bring a flash light or other source of light, so I couldn't really check what it was, (I was also too afraid to get out of bed, but hey, let's go with my first excuse). Eventually I managed to convince myself that it was just something on the shelf, that I was letting my imagination get the best of me, and forced myself to stop looking at it.

Somehow I managed to get to sleep eventually. I woke up in the morning, and with the room now brightened looked at the shelf to see what it was that scared me in the night. The shelf was completely bare. There was nothing on that could have possibly looked like what I saw in the dark. I never found out what it was and never saw anything like it again. Even years later it still bothers me some nights.

Edited by beelzebufo

Some of my personal favorites:

from: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ghosts-in-the-machine-tales-of-haunted-hangars-and-phantom-211155/

Deke Slayton's Last Flight

By: Guy Norris

Los ANgeles

Source: Flight

I didn't keep a diary in 1993, so I will never know how close I came to witnessing the events that reportedly happened just a few miles away on 13 June that year. It was Sunday morning and I was at home in Orange County, California, while most of my Flight International colleagues were in Paris covering the air show.

What I, and the rest of the world, did not yet know was that Donald "Deke" Slayton, one of the original Mercury "Seven" astronauts and a true test pioneer of The Right Stuff fame, had just died at his home 2,225km (1,200nm) away in Houston, Texas. Slayton, who succumbed to a brain tumour, died at 03:22 local time, with his wife Bobbie and daughter Stacey at his bedside.

Although one of the select group picked to be the USA's first astronauts, Slayton was at first prevented from going into space by a heart problem, and it was not until he was cleared for flight in the 1970s that he finally made it into orbit as the docking module pilot of the 1975 Apollo-Soyuz project. Having celebrated his 51st birthday four months before the docking mission with the Soviet cosmonauts, he was then the oldest man to fly into space.

Back on Earth, Slayton later led the Shuttle approach and landing test programme before retiring from NASA in 1982. But retirement could not keep this ex-astronaut, Second World War bomber pilot and test pilot out of the air for long, and he developed an enthusiasm for the adrenalin-charged world of Formula One air racing. His chosen mount was a bright red, Art Williams-built 19ft (5.8m)-span monoplane dubbed "Stinger", with a 100hp (75kW) Continental 0-200 piston and the number "21" on the fuselage in black. Formerly flown to 18 US racing victories - including two national championships - by ace racer John Paul Jones, the Stinger was finally donated in the early 1990s by Slayton to an air racing museum in Nevada, never to fly again... or was it?

Orange County's John Wayne airport - at the centre of this strange tale - is tightly ringed by urban development and is one of the most noise-sensitive airfields anywhere in the world. Surrounded by a battery of 10 noise-monitoring stations (NMS), the airport's noise abatement office maintains a careful curfew that prevents any airliners from taking off before 07:00 Mondays to Saturdays, and 08:00 on Sundays. These same hours also mark the noise limitations for business and general aviation aircraft, which can operate for periods into the night as long as certain noise levels are not exceeded.

At 07:57 on 13 June 1993, while the curfew was still in place and commercial airliners were waiting impatiently for take-off clearance, a small red racing aircraft apparently took off, performed "various flight manoeuvres" according to reports, and immediately triggered the sensitive noise-monitoring systems into action.

NMS1, 0.75km from the runway localiser, recorded 90.4dBA, against a limit of 86.8dBA. NMS2, south of the departure path from runways 19 left and right, spiked at 90.9dBA (versus 86.9dBA) and NMS3, 1.3km away, registered 3.5dBA beyond the limit. The aircraft was then seen to continue in a slow climb to the west, outbound, and out of sight over the nearby Pacific.

Mystery aircraft

It is unclear whether air traffic control tried to make voice contact with the mystery aircraft, but what is known is that several witnesses reported the noisy, high-speed fixed-propeller aircraft to the airport's Noise Abatement Office. All reports, presumably linking the clearly visible "21" identifier with the unusual lines of the F1 racer, identified it as the US Federal Aviation Administration-registered N21X.

A notice of violation of the airport's General Aviation Noise Ordnances Section 2-1-30 was sent by certified mail on 28 June 1993 to the Houston address of the aircraft's registered owner, Donald Slayton. Here it was picked up by Slayton's astonished widow, who read: "As an initial violation, this letter is intended as a warning, to seek your voluntary compliance with the Noise Ordinance - absent any additional violation, no further referral of this matter will be made."

Bobbie Slayton told the FAA that not only had her husband died about five and a half hours (including local time differences between Texas and California) before the alleged incident, but that N21X was, at the time, stored in a museum several hundred miles away. Edward Maloney, who received the aircraft into his museum collection from Slayton all those years ago, says: "We've never flown it at all since Deke gave it to us. He was the last one ever to fly it." Contrary to other reports, Maloney says the engine has never been removed from the aircraft which, in the mid-1990s, was relocated to his Planes Of Fame museum in Chino, California, where it resides to this day.

Although Maloney believes the ghost flight incident is "someone having pipedreams", there appears to be more than the usual circumstantial evidence often attributed to paranormal occurrences. Kay Bender, executive director of the Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bicycle Museum in Sparta, Wisconsin - close to the farm where Slayton was born in 1924 - provided Flight International with a copy of the violation notice and says: "We have never questioned its authenticity." Although a few enquiries about the incident crop up from time to time, Bender says most visitors are interested in the stories about Slayton's proven lifetime achievements in space and in the air.

Beyond that, JWA's Noise Abatement Office changed its record-keeping process in the late 1990s and enquiries to the control tower revealed that, in common with most FAA sites, the strips recording movements from and to the airport are stored for only six months. So, like so many other apparent sightings and unusual events, Slayton's reported final flight remains a tantalising enigma.

-----------------------------------------

and this one - sorry, guys, I couldn't get it out of italics:

Lingering Spirits of Flt 191

It was a beautiful holiday weekend in Chicago and throngs of people filled O’Hare International, the world’s busiest airport. The passengers of Flight 191, including a number of Chicago literary figures who were bound for Los Angeles and the annual American Booksellers Association conference, boarded the McDonnell-Douglas DC-10 shortly before 3:00 in the afternoon. There seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary about the flight. The DC-10 was a top of the line aircraft and this particular model had logged more than 20,000 trouble-free hours since it left the assembly line. The crew was top-notch as well, including Captain Walter Lux, a 22,000 hour pilot who had been flying DC-10’s since their introduction into service eight years before, and First Officer James Dillard and Flight Engineer Alfred Udovich, who had nearly 25,000 flight hours between them.

At one minute before 3:00, the plane was cleared to begin its taxi to the runway’s holding point. Then, at 3:02 pm, Flight 191 started down the runway. All went smoothly until a point about 6,000 feet down the runway, just prior to rotation. The tower controller saw parts of the port engine pylon falling away from the aircraft and a "white vapor" coming from the area. A moment later, the aircraft pitched into rotation and lifted off. As it did so, the entire engine and pylon tore loose from its mounting, flipped up and over the wing and crashed down onto the runway.

Immediately, the tower controller tried to raise the plan on the radio. "American 191, do you want to come back? If so, what runway do you want?"

There was no reply from the aircraft but it proceeded to climb out normally, only dipping the left wing for a moment. It quickly stabilized and the plane continued its descent. About ten seconds later though, at a height of around 300 feet, the aircraft began to bank to the left, first slightly, then sharply. The nose of the plane dipped and as the aircraft began to lose height, the bank to left increased until the wings were past vertical --- then it fell to the earth!

The left wingtip hit the ground first and the rip of the metal was followed by a massive explosion that erupted throughout the plane. The fireball went down about a half mile northwest of O’Hare and slammed into an abandoned hangar on the site of the old Ravenswood Airport on Touhy Avenue, just east of a mobile home park. It was mostly vacant ground, although the plane narrowly missed some fuel storage tanks on Elmhurst Road and the busy I-90 Expressway. However, 2 people were killed on the ground and several homes were damaged in the trailer park. As for the crew and passengers on the aircraft --- all 271 of them had been killed instantly.

The enormity of the tragedy was felt throughout the country and people everywhere demanded answers from the airline, the airport and the National Transportation Safety Board. How could something like this have happened? It is a standard in the industry for planes to be able to finish a flight with only one engine, so how did the loss of one engine seal the fate of Flight 191? The long and grueling investigation that followed revealed a stress crack in a flange that held the engine pylon, flawed maintenance methods and a problem with the supposedly serviceable DC-10. These answers were long in coming but even when they came, did not solve the mysteries that were plaguing Chicagoans who lived in the vicinity of the crash.

Ghostly tales soon began to spring up about the site. According to Des Plaines police officers, motorists began reporting odd sights within a few months of the crash. They called in about seeing odd, bobbing white lights in the field where the aircraft had gone down. First thought to be flashlights that were carried by ghoulish souvenir hunters, officers responded to the reports to find the field was silent and deserted. No one was ever found, despite patrols arriving on the scene almost moments after receiving a report.

More unnerving though were the accounts that came from the residents of the nearby mobile home, which was adjacent to the crash site. Many of these reports came within hours of the crash, when residents claimed to hear knocking and rapping sounds at their doors and windows. Those who responded, including a number of retirees and off-duty police and firefighters, opened their doors to find no one was there. Dogs in the trailer park would bark endlessly at the empty field where the plane had gone down. Their masters could find no reason for their erratic behavior. This continued for weeks and months and even escalated to the point that doorknobs were being turned and rattled, footsteps were heard approaching the trailers, clanging on the metal stairs, and on some occasions, actual figures were confronted. According to some reports, a few residents opened their doors to find a worried figure who stated that he "had to get his luggage" or "had to make a connection" standing on their porch. The figure then turned and vanished into the darkness.

The tragedy, and the strange events that followed, caused many of the residents to move out of the park but when new arrivals took their place, they too began to report the weird happenings. A fairly recent sighting was described by a man who was walking his dog one night near the area where Flight 191 went down. He was approached by a young man who explained that he needed to make an emergency telephone call. The man with his dog looked at this person curiously for he seemed to reek of gasoline and also appeared to be smoldering. At first, he just assumed the man had been running on this chilly night and steam was coming from his clothing, but when he turned away to point out a nearby phone and then turned back again --- the man had vanished! The man with the dog had heard stories from other local residents about moans and weird cries emanating from the 1979 crash site but he never believed them until now. He was now convinced that he had encountered one of the restless passengers from Flight 191 for himself!

And he’s likely not the only one, for the stories of weird knockings, inexplicable sounds and even apparitions continue to this day. One long-standing incident, which is often repeated, comes from the terminal at O’Hare itself. According to travelers, many have purported to see a man making a telephone call from a booth that is located close to the departure gate that was used by Flight 191. Those who have seen him say that is quite normal-looking, except for the fact that his business attire seems oddly out of date. He allegedly steps away from the telephone booth, manages a few steps and then vanishes into thin air. Is he one of the doomed passengers from Flight 191 --- or another phantom altogether?

---------------------------------------

And this:

Roman Soldiers

In June 2006, I went to the Treasurer's House in York where Richard Felix had arranged for Harry Martindale to give a talk about his famous ghostly experience of 1953. Harry was fascinating to listen to and I was delighted to be able to go with him into the cellar to see the exact place where he saw the Roman soldiers. He signed my copy of The Ghost Tour of Great Britain - Yorkshire which has lots of other York ghost stories in it!

The Treasurer's House in York was once used to house the treasures of York Minister from the 12th century until 1546. The last treasurer, William Cliffe, resigned, after all the treasure was removed during the dissolution of the monasteries. The house was extensively rebuilt in the 17th century. Today it is owned by the National Trust, and has the reputation of being one of the most haunted buildings in Europe.

One ghost story stands out above all the others however and concerns Yorkshireman Harry Martindale who, in 1953, was apprenticed to a firm of plumbers in Micklegate, York.

In February of that year, he had to make a hole in the ceiling of the cellar of the Treasurer's House to take a new central heating pipe. The old curator didn't really want Harry there, but the job had to be done. Harry stood his ladder on a section of old Roman road, about 6 feet in diamater, which had been excavated in the centre of the cellar floor at a depth of about 18 inches.

Just before midday, whilst he was chiselling away at the stone ceiling, Harry heard what he described as "just a blare of a note" which seemed to be coming from within the wall. He was four rungs up the ladder and, as he glanced down, he saw in line with his waist, the top of a plumed helmet with a person underneath it, coming through the wall! Gripped with fear, his hair standing up in fright, Harry stepped off his ladder, fell backwards and landed on his backside in the corner of the cellar.

What had come out of the wall was the almost complete figure of a Roman soldier. Harry watched in fear and amazement as a large horse ("like a great big carthorse") then emerged from the wall, with a Roman soldier sitting astride him. It was only when the horse reached the excavated part of the floor did Harry notice its bushy fetlocks.

Once the horse had cleared the cellar and gone through the opposite wall, about twenty, Roman footsoldiers followed, walking in pairs. They were small, dark men, and each carried a large round shield on his left arm and a spear in his right hand, with a long-bladed, dagger-like sword in a sheath, hanging from a belt round his waist. "I could see them, and all they had to do was glance at me and I'd had it, but not one of the soldiers looked in my direction," remarked Harry. Like the horse, the soldiers too seemed to be walking on their knees until they reached the excavated section when it was clear that they were walking on the Roman road. One soldier carried a long, trumpet-like instrument, which looked very battered & worn and was obviously the source of the noise heard moments earlier.

Perhaps the most extraordinary thing that Harry noticed was that the men looked weary, miserable and dirty, shuffling along like an undisciplined rabble. Some looked ill, even wounded.

Harry described the soldiers as having plumed helmets, beards and wearing 'shiny tops' over green tunics. Round their waists they had short, red 'skirts' with strips of leather hanging down. They had thongs tied from their ankles up to just below their knees. For many years it was thought that Roman soldiers tied these thongs just above the ankle, but in the 4th century they tied them right up to their knees. Another factor dating these ghostly soldiers to the 4th century was their shields. It was widely thought that Roman soldiers only used one type of shield, the 'scutum', which was very large and rectangular in shape. However, an archaeological discovery recently made at Hadrian's Wall showed that auxiliary troops during the 4th century used round shields, similar in size, shape and description to those seen by Harry. This fact was not known in 1953.

As the last pair went through the opposite wall, Harry hurriedly made his escape, frantically scrambling up the cellar steps to the ground floor, leaving behind all his tools and ladder. He was met by the old curator who saw him and said, "By the look of you, you have seen the Roman soldiers!"

Harry was in such a state that he went back to Micklegate and "told his boss what he could do with the job at Treasurer's House" before calling in at his doctors on the way home. His doctor immediately signed him off work for two weeks suffering from 'shock'.

Harry only talked publicly about his experience for the first time in the early 1970s, in a TV interview and needed his medical records to confirm the exact date that he had visited his doctor nearly 20 years before.

Harry Martindale later joined the police force and worked for a time at York Assizes. During the late 70s and 80s he would take visitors on ghost walks around York, but had to stop doing them because of ill health.

For the past twenty years, Harry has not spoken of the events of that day in 1953, until Richard Felix persuaded him to tell his story for his DVD Ghosts of York.

------------------------------------

And I like these, too:

from: http://seeksghosts.blogspot.com/2012/11/phantom-planes.html

Phantom Planes

I first became aware of this phenomenon when I read a personal account written by Cindy Akins. Her story took place in the mid 1950s when she was a little girl. Her family lived in rural West Virginia in the mountains. One night as her parents and sister sat talking in the families’ kitchen a low flying plane flew past their house. Akins recounts how she heard a loud “whirring and sputtering sound”. In the next moment herself and her family heard the plane crash into a nearby mountain, they also heard high pitched screaming.

The next morning her father and Uncle went in search of the crash but despite their extensive efforts they never found any wreckage. When they later explained what they had seen and heard to the authorities they were informed that no planes had been reported missing. Akins account is very intriguing, her complete story, entitled The Phantom Plane Crash: A True Story can be found at scrbd.com—note: you need a subscription to access this site.

I found Akins story so interesting I decided to do more research into Ghost or Phantom Planes. What I found amazed me. It appears many people have experienced this phenomenon. Their stories all have common elements. When these planes are spotted they are reported flying very close to ground, and they are often described as planes that are outdated or from a different era. Shortly after these planes are seen and/or heard they either vanish or they plunge downward-- seeming to crash but no evidence of wreckage is ever found. Here are several of these stories.

One compelling sighting was reported in the Cincinnati Post in 1976.

“Butler County, Ohio, deputies discontinued a search yesterday afternoon for a plane which reportedly had crashed in Reily Township near Imhoff and Indian Creek Roads late Wednesday night. Deputies said an amateur radio operator heard what he thought was a distress call from a plane believed to be flying from Oxford to Cincinnati about 11 p.m. About 1:45 a.m. yesterday, George Mosley, 1203 Azel Avenue, Hamilton, his son and two other boys became separated in the same area while coon hunting. During the separation the boys said they saw a white flash in the sky at treetop level, then heard screaming and a crash. Airports in Hamilton and Butler County had no record of any small craft filing a flight plan during those hours. Deputies used a plane and walked the area in search of a downed plane Wednesday night until fog set in on the Reily area. The search was continued yesterday morning and discontinued after nothing was found.”

Another compelling account occurred in Wales in the village of Llangernyw, Denbighshire. As moms were picking up their children after school several stated they were “sent running for cover” as a very old rusty unpainted plane roared close over their heads. They then watched as it dipped at high speed toward the ground in the distance. At the last minute it managed to pull itself up. When these moms inquired after the fate of this plane they were told that no plane was authorized to fly that low to the ground and that a plane of their description would not have been in good enough condition to fly.

Many Phantom Plane sightings have been reported in Britain. Here are several more. An Englishman by the name of Tony Ingle reported his strange experience as he walked down a lane in Derbyshire one evening. He spotted an old-fashioned propeller warplane fly over him close to the ground. He was amazed because this plane made no sound. He watched as it descended quickly then bank to the left and disappear over a hedgerow that was in front of him. Ingle rushed to the spot only to find sheep grazing quietly in the field. There was no wreckage and he stated he felt an eerie silence.

In 1997 in Sheffield Peaks, a group of people spotted yet another old-fashioned propeller warplane flying very low to the ground. They stated they had to duck as it soared close over where they stood. They were all certain they saw this plane crash in the moors. Despite several searches this plane crash was never found. During World War ll this area of the moors witnessed over 50 plane crashes with numerous deaths.

One of the first reported sightings in Britain occurred in 1987 in the North Wales town of Abergele, when several people saw what they described as a very large unmarked “wartime transporter” appear out of no where and then vanish. They reported what they observed to the local airfield but no explanations were ever discovered. Yet another sighting in Britain in June of 1994 occurred when a couple spotted a plane while they drove over the Denbigh Moors. They watched as this plane passed near the front right side of their car—only about 100 feet off the ground. Stunned they saw this plane turn to the right and then “vanish into thin air”.

Another phantom plane was spotted over the Pacific Ocean exactly one year after the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. This plane traveling from Japan was heading toward land. An America airplane was sent up to intercept it. The Americans were surprised to see the plane was shot up on the side and that the plane was actually an American plane-- a P-40—the kind attacked at Pearl Harbor the year before. As they closed in on the plane they spotted a pilot slumped over with blood on his face and clothes. When he spotted them he smiled and waved. Alarmed they noticed his landing gear was gone. They watched in horror as this plane lost altitude quickly and crashed into the land below. The wreckage of this plane was found later but no sign of the pilot was ever found. Where this plane came from remains a mystery.

In Montana in the 1950s three women who lived in Ovando saw a plane with smoke trailing behind it drop what they thought were several parachutes. At the same time a young man who lived in the same area of Montana spotted an explosion in the sky near his home. The local police were called out but no wreckage was ever found.

In 1997 in Long Island witnesses in Westbrook reported seeing a single engine plane crash into the water. They were surprised to note that as it hit the surface of the water it made no splash. When they reported what they had seen they were told that no planes were missing. But a search was carried out and no evidence of a plane was found in the water.

----------------------------

and last but not least, if you want to read a lot more, here's a thread started about Britain's haunted airfields:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?22567-Haunted-Wartime-Airbases

Happy Hauntings!

• Like 1

One time I went to McDonald's & ordered a combo. I asked them to super size it... But they took away that option. afraid.gif

True story.

WHoaaaa let's slow it down there Mr. Poe

• Like 4

Experiences - uh, OK. You guys can take this for what it's worth. Our so-called ghost hunting group was investigating a small cemetery that supposedly had had some paranormal activity. However, our group didn't do a very organized investigation, as everyone was running all over the place at the same time. Later on, when people began to gather together at one end of the cemetery, I went to the other end and did almost a 360 with my little camera, hoping I would catch something. I didn't catch anything visual and it was a couple of weeks before I actually listened to the video. Now, again, this is just a personal experience, as no one was around me. I know I wasn't talking and when I went back to recreate this, I had to be sucking air to be heard on the camera audio, which I know I wasn't. You will hear some other noises. There are two ladies in the background moving away from me as I start turning, there is something in the camera that clicks every time I move it, and I was standing on some very dry weed (hey, the whole cemetery was dry weeds), so you can hear me crunch them as I turn. As for the rest, see what you can make out. It helps to have the volumn turned as high as possible.

th_MVI_0040.jpg

As for the rest, see what you can make out. It helps to have the volumn turned as high as possible.

Almost had me Rat girl....almost

• Like 1

LOL That's Rat LADY! I'm too dang old to be a girl anymore.

No need to apologize. Now that I think about it, I think you gave me a compliment.

When I was 3 I was sitting in the kitchen by myself with the lights out. My dad noticed that I was sitting talking. When he asked who I was talking to I replied "Nanny". Nanny was my dad's grandmother. He thought nothing of it.

The next day I was out the back on my swing but I couldn't actually swing properly because I was only 3 years old. My mum said she looked out the window and I was swinging back and forth. She said she came out and asked me who was pushing me and I replied again with "Nanny"

My dad decided to get some of the old family photos out and he spread a few of them in front of me and asked me to point to the lady I was talking to and without hesitation I pointed to her and I got it right.

She died 11 years before I was born, I never met her or seen any pictures of her before that day.

All I remember is sitting in the kitchen in the dark by myself talking to an empty chair. I don't remember seeing anything but I remember feeling safe and feeling happy. I don't take this to be a bad experience but a good one. She was there mainly to talk to me and make sure I was okay :)

• Like 1

You remember something that happened when you were 3? That's fairly amazing right there.

• Like 3

You remember something that happened when you were 3? That's fairly amazing right there.

all I can really remember is sitting in the kitchen in the dark, talking to an empty chair. I don't remember what I was saying or anything I just remember sitting on the floor and the empty chair lol

Ok, fair enough. It seemed you were burdened with an over abundance of accurate details. I'll sit quietly and see how this goes from this point.

• Like 2

Here's an experience. I was about 8-9 when this happened. My family and I grew up in St. Paul in a government owned house. We "rented" the house out when I was younger because my parents came from Vietnam and was considered poor. Anyways, there was a lot of activity happening here. I remember always coming home to a blue screen. The TV was always on when we got home, and we were curious why it was on... Maybe someone forgot to turn off the T.V after playing video games (older peeps will remember the blue screen). It happened almost every night so my dad decided to unplug the T.V one morning before we left for mass (I remember because he told me to unplug it). When we got home the following night (it was late, 12:30am ish), the T.V was on and I thought nothing of it. Walked into the living room, plugged in the lights and turned off the television. As I walked to my bed I remembered that I had unplugged it this morning and ran out to check. Surely, the television was unplugged.

Another incident that happened to me was when I was younger. Around 5-6 I want to say (side note. I gave up my bottle late because I swear milk tasted better out of a bottle). I don't know if anyone has this problem but when I sleep during the day, I can't fall asleep until late at night. Anyways, I had a nap during that day so I wasn't able to fall asleep that following night. My mom tucked me in anyways and gave me a bottle to suck on. I layed in bed tossing and turning and finally fell asleep.. I happened to wake up though that night because I had finished my bottle and I wanted more so I groggily got out of bed and walked into my dads room (across the hall from me) and woke him up so he can get me my other bottle (had quite a few bottles back then :D). I remember him saying something like "ok wait for me". So I turned around and waited for him in the hall way. A few moments later, he grabbed my hand and walked me into the kitchen. As we got to the fridge, he opened the door and gave me my bottle and told me "go back to bed". So I left the kitchen and headed to my bedroom. As I got to the hallway of my bedroom, my dad walks out of his room and says "oh you got your own bottle". Thinking nothing of it and a little tired, I went to back to my bed with my bottle and fell asleep.

One interesting detail is that my mom used to tell me that I was talk to nothing in the corner of the room. I would be sitting down facing the corner, talking and laughing. My mom asked me who I was talking to and I replied "there's an old man here". She didn't care too much (found out later that she used to see ghosts and had tons of experiences back in vietnam. She had a ton in the house here too, but none since we moved out) because she said "it didn't do anything to harm me".

Another another thing happened when my whole family was in the living room praying (we have an alter set up in the middle of the living room). As we were going through our 5 hail mary's, we heard a HUGE crash coming from the hall way (the sound of glass breaking). We all stopped praying and looked at one another. My mom, went to go check it out and we all followed her tailed because we were to scared to stay in the living room. We checked the rooms and then we checked the bathroom. there was a rock. It was next to pieces of our mirror around it. The mirror was shattered. Whats weird about this situation was that the window wasn't opened. There was absolutely no way for the rock to get into our house.

It got pretty bad.. to the point where we only stayed there 1 day out of the week so we would have a place to go back to when I dad got in an arguement with my grandparents. We finally moved out 2005 when we got our own house. I remember because I had to transfer schools.

I have more stories from this house but am at work! Will post more when I have time.

Edited by hbui0391