Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is it with wet spots!?

Monolithwolf21

What is it with ghosts and mysterious wet spots? Past three days my whole bed is soaked. I made sure I debunked the obvious... No leaks from ceiling or wall. No sleeping with water bottles. I sleep alone nor I sweat. I go to the bathroom in middle of night and come back to find my bed is a pond! No humid or window open either. Also been hearing this eerie woman moan like she's in pain once awhile early in the morning. I live alone so idk. I have been able to see spirits in the past and speak to them telepathically. Why I can't contact this one is beyond me. I have lost my aunt whom I was close to and I have been able to see her. I'm talking like I have some mediumship to some degree. I also been able to communicate with my moms husband who had passed I never met and I was able to tell my mom much about him as if I met him. He died before I was born. Yet felt like I knew him my whole life. My point is, I don't understand this particular encounter at all. Who this woman may be or why my bed is wet is beyond me. I wish to know what it means.

Okay then....

Night terrors and night sweats are prob the culprit and you just aren't aware of it. The body and the brain can do odd things when stressed or very emotional.

If it continues, I'd try some relaxation techniques before bed, maybe some melatonin or some mild sleep aid to help you get a full, deep and relaxed night of rest. Prob help a lot.

• Like 3

What is it with ghosts and mysterious wet spots? Past three days my whole bed is soaked. I made sure I debunked the obvious... No leaks from ceiling or wall. No sleeping with water bottles. I sleep alone nor I sweat. I go to the bathroom in middle of night and come back to find my bed is a pond! No humid or window open either

One option is that you're experiencing night sweats as Jeremiah65 pointed out. It is not uncommon and can be due to various conditions (heat, medications, Idiopathic hyperhidrosis, infections ect.)

Doctors often hear their patients complain of night sweats. Night sweats refer to excess sweating during the night. However, if your bedroom is unusually hot or you are wearing too many bedclothes, you may sweat during sleep, and this is normal. True night sweats are severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench sleepwear and sheets, which are not related to an overheated environment.

Source: http://www.webmd.com...of-night-sweats

A second option is that you may experience nocturia or commonly known as night-time urinations. But that should be easily verifiable for you, in close inspections of the sheets.

http://www.netdoctor...ts/nocturia.htm

You should consult a doctor who can establish a real diagnostic and so making sure that you have no underlying health problem.

Also been hearing this eerie woman moan like she's in pain once awhile early in the morning. I live alone so idk. I have been able to see spirits in the past and speak to them telepathically. Why I can't contact this one is beyond me. I have lost my aunt whom I was close to and I have been able to see her. I'm talking like I have some mediumship to some degree. I also been able to communicate with my moms husband who had passed I never met and I was able to tell my mom much about him as if I met him. He died before I was born. Yet felt like I knew him my whole life. My point is, I don't understand this particular encounter at all. Who this woman may be or why my bed is wet is beyond me. I wish to know what it means.

That's strange and very unusual really. The thing is, there is no way for us to know of your condition and that of the events so apart from speculations, which can perhaps be useful, it may be of very limited concrete help to adress the situations. My suggestion is that you consider to get a psychological evaluation by a trained professional. It will help determine if you are not suffering from any kind of mental heatlh issues. This is a condition which many people can develop in their lives at various ages. It is better to make sure of your medical and psychological conditions before concluding that you are experiencing paranormal phenomenon.

Edited by sam_comm

if your clothes aren't also wet then sweating wouldn't explain it, but if they are then it would

• Like 2

I have heard stories where ghost or spirits have left wet spots but I am not sure what the wet stuff is.

I want to see pictures of your bed " my bed is a pond "....

Not just the blankets. Your description.

Unless you were exagerating.

• Like 3

I blaim it on a sucubus however you spell that.

• Like 3

The title of this thread has me all messed up.

• Like 6

A true night sweat is nothing like normal sweating. If you have a drenching night sweat it will shock you the first time you experience one. You can wake up and literally wring water from your sheets.

I admit it...i did it.When you went to go take a leak,so did i.Thought it would be funny.Im a prankster, what can i say...

• Like 1

I admit it...i did it.When you went to go take a leak,so did i.Thought it would be funny.Im a prankster, what can i say...

i thought i saw you somewhere before!

• 3 months later...

This happened to me only once in my life. It was back in 1992. I awoke in the middle of the night and there was a huge circle of wet surrounding me and almost my whole bed. Turns out my water broke in my sleep. I was 9 months pregnant with twins.

The only other thing similar to what you describe is condensation from sleeping on a camping type air mattress. In certain temperatures, you will get a wet spot quite large where you are laying on the bed, even enough to make sleeping bags and layers of blankets quite wet. There is no smell or color and its something to do with temps in the room and especially temps from under the air mattress on the floor in your bedroom or tent. I have seen this many times, don't understand how or why it works though.

Are you sleeping on a air mattress of some type?

Edited by Pearls

• The topic was locked