Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY mayor won't march in St. Patrick's parade

Michelle

Maybe I'm just odd, but I've never felt discriminated against by men only clubs. There is a time and a place for everything.

• Like 1

lol, you have that right. be offendede all youi want. if it makes you feel any better.

i can't, because the parade went on without incedents, and in orderly fashion. organisers were smart to limit things that may create disorder one way or another. and difference of opinions sure does create that, i'm pretty sure there would be people offended, and orgs. prevented confrontations. great job.

You're right you can't. Because there is no disorder to make order the issue out of. You can't find any from last year either? That's pathetic! And it proves your newest assertion about "order" is the poop I thought it was. Now you're trusting in the unquestionable power of the organizers to stop everyone in the parade this year from carrying the wrong sign and thus causing "disorder". That's some real religious faith in the perfect force control of Govt right there. Let's err on the side of too much liberty, risking our painted toenails the possibility of some "disorder" whatever that means, not erring on your religious faith in the untroubled and non-controversial power of Govt.

At least have some principle in your thinking and ban all disorder then. Ban all the little examples of "disorder" your brain can think of, and the pro-gay signs in a Saint Patrick's Day parade will be the first item on your exhaustive yet principled list. If you support imposing bans on signs over this non-story of nothing important, you'll support bans on theoretically anything that's the least bit more important. That is Statism par-excellence. This is the most pathetic excuse for force control I've seen in this country in years.

You're right you can't. Because there is no disorder to make order the issue out of. You can't find any from last year either? That's pathetic! And it proves your newest assertion about "order" is the poop I thought it was. Now you're trusting in the unquestionable power of the organizers to stop everyone in the parade this year from carrying the wrong sign and thus causing "disorder".

this is retarded, dude, really.

this policy has been aroud for a while the only reason you hear about it today is becouse our new mayor desided to throw a fit, and media grabed that chance. orgs can not garrantee order by baning something, but they just remove enough things that may cause it. and they did and it worked.

and if you want to see disorder, google PR day parade in nyc. it has nothing to do with gays, but it sure shows what happens when everyone does as they please, cuz they have rights.

this is retarded, dude, really.

this policy has been aroud for a while the only reason you hear about it today is becouse our new mayor desided to throw a fit, and media grabed that chance. orgs can not garrantee order by baning something, but they just remove enough things that may cause it. and they did and it worked.

and if you want to see disorder, google PR day parade in nyc. it has nothing to do with gays, but it sure shows what happens when everyone does as they please, cuz they have rights.

Good on the mayor. It's about time somebody stood up to this nonsense for what it is. I've shown you what the Irish really think. If you want to use force to impose what Irish is, at least be honest enough with yourself to handle the Irish themselves who fly in the face of your cruddy little problem here.

Since PR day parade has nothing to do with gays, you'll need to write up another item on your ban list for that one too. There's no end to the problems you'll have!

So just signs not "related to Irish day parade" were banned? Yeah, right.

"Irish Lesbian and Gay Organization"

"There's Gae in Gaelic"

"Kiss me I'm Irish and Queer"

"St. Patty loves the gays. Why can't you?"

"Does this leprechaun look straight?"

These are actual signs. Are these signs banned? If right-wing statists have been banning gayitude in parades for years, that makes it okay? No, that's what makes stories like this OP happen.

And rightly so, because Irish have been gay, lesbian and bisexual for generations beyond count. And until people, including Irish-American people, aren't treated like second-class citizens anymore because of their sexuality, they're going to have to keep fighting for their inalienable rights in whatever battlefield available. Taking the business out to the street looks like a good way to handle these intolerant clowns.

Hey "conservatives":

tumblr_m51nu4ltT01rq5q1ko1_500.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

edited because ....because......ah, heck. I'm old, I forgot what the reason was.

Edited by rodentraiser
  • Like 1

Ive skipped over this thread for a few days now, but everytime I read the title, Im thinking, who gives a crap what the mayor of NY will or will not do? If the people of this state had any common sence the man would be in a cell. This guy protesting in regards to civil liberties should be the text book definition of hypocracy.

• Like 1

Like most mayors, I would expect him to do what is politically expedient before doing something else that avoids hypocrisy.

The mayor could either attend or not attend. That this is made an issue at all is just more bait to play politics around gays.

In the 20th century it was women and blacks. Today it's gays and immigrants and Muslims. Tomorrow maybe the Native Americans will be protesting in the streets. Lord knows they're due.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gunsnroses/oneinamillion.html

By suggesting that gays can't fight for their rights at a Saint Patrick Day parade though...because it ruins the parade...well stop ruining peoples' lives and you'd enjoy your parade more.